Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Is #13 any good?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I dont think the Broncos D bailed him out today. We couldnt run worth a damn so it was either let the football fly or get beaten because the "mighty" D gave up over a 100 yds on the ground to Hill. The D made plays in the end when they needed to but without the 4 TD passes from Siemien it may have been a lot worse for Denver today.

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Trevor Siemian's big day leads Broncos over Bengals

CINCINNATI -- Four touchdown passes, more than 300 yards passing, two clutch touchdown drives in the fourth quarter.

Trevor Siemian played every bit like Peyton Manning in his first road start.

In some ways, even better.

Siemian was nearly perfect as he rallied the Denver Broncos to a 29-17 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, leading a pair of fourth-quarter touchdown drives with veteran aplomb.

The defending Super Bowl champions' biggest offseason challenge was replacing their famous quarterback, and it looks as if they made the right choice. They're 3-0 under Siemian, who took over after Manning retired and Brock Osweiler went to Houston.

Siemian became the first Bronco to throw for four touchdowns since Manning in 2014 against the Dolphins. No NFL quarterback had thrown for 300 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions in their road debut, according to ESPN Stats and Info.
    rest - plus video - http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201609...p3000000709489

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

He's doing well. He still had a couple of bone headed throws that were lucky not to be intercepted. His second half was fantastic, especially the last two drives. After the second TD to Sanders when Denver was up 5 after the failed 2pt conversion, the D forced a 3 and out. I was thinking here comes some handoffs and a punt. It was very nice to see Kubiak show confidence and let Siemian kill the game off. He was up to the task.

I like him but I'm still thinking Lynch could have done just as well over the last 3 games, maybe not today but certainly the last two. Gary has handled this well. You can't do any better than 3-0.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

I like what I see. He has a good presence in the pocket and has a good arm. He still makes a few mistakes but what QB doesn't. My biggest question was whether he could make plays down the field to win a game on an off day by the defense. He did that today.

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived gregbroncs For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    He's doing well. He still had a couple of bone headed throws that were lucky not to be intercepted. His second half was fantastic, especially the last two drives. After the second TD to Sanders when Denver was up 5 after the failed 2pt conversion, the D forced a 3 and out. I was thinking here comes some handoffs and a punt. It was very nice to see Kubiak show confidence and let Siemian kill the game off. He was up to the task.

I like him but I'm still thinking Lynch could have done just as well over the last 3 games, maybe not today but certainly the last two. Gary has handled this well. You can't do any better than 3-0.
    There was way to much time left in the game for Kubiak to go ultra conservative at that point.

I think you're spot on with everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I think he can be the QBotF, I doubt that's the plan though. So maybe for another team, send him home to Chicago for a pick.

He was a 50/50 proposition for most of the day though, some really bad placement follow by threading the needle.
    Sounds right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    If he continues to play as well as this for the rest of the season, Lynch will continue to keep the bench warm with his butt.

Whether that continues next season would depend on how Siemian does the rest of the way. It would take continuous great play for him to supplant Lynch, but we saw great play today. Any day over 300 yards, with 4 TDs and no INTs isn't a good day, that's a great day.

One thing he has going for him is that they are playing Tampa next week and that is a much weaker team than the Bengals in every way.
    Yeah, as good and poised as he's looked, I don't think Siemians promising start's sustainable: It's more likely DCs gain enough game tape to figure out how to stop him than that he takes an impressive debut to the next level of permanent starter. If only because his protection's still spotty and the right side of our line's still a TDB mess that struggles to provide him either protection OR run support.

If he pulls it off anyway though, great; there'd be nothing wrong with Siemian becoming "the next Tom Brady" in the sense of a late round QB who steals a first round franchise QBs job and goes on to a HoF career (again, minus the cheating.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    He is our Matt Schaub.
    Dear, God, NO! Don't even JOKE about that crap. Anyway, Siemian's not a bust former stater the owner/GM shoved down Kubiaks throat despite the coach finding better QBs even among late round and UDFA ROOKIES. If anything, Lynch is more likely to be our Schaub (again, heaven forbid.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quarterback grade: Trevor Siemian 69.5

Numbers don’t match the eye for Siemian

A nice drive may leave many feeling good about Siemian, but there was enough here to suggest that he could be the Achilles heel for the Broncos. He escaped a dangerous pick after throwing the ball straight to Shawn Williams and a number of times missed routine throws that took his team off the field.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...grades-week-3/

13. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post

I'm curious what reason you have to think Lynch could have done as well in the last 2-3 games. Maybe he could, maybe not, but it's the third game of a rookie season where he's yet to play a snap: What possible evidence could exist that he'd have done as well as the guy who's taken EVERY snap? The biggest thing we're probably seeing right now is how much a full year (rather than two months) of studying Kubiaks playbook helps a young QB.

Understand, I still think Lynch will EVENTUALLY be the guy, but this isn't 2017, 2018 nor 2026. Likewise, I still expect veteran DCs to catch up to Siemian sooner than later, but until we have permanent starters on the right side of our line (preferably starters worthy of the name) I'd rather Lynch weren't the one taking the licks when the protection's non-existent and/or the stuffed run game leaves us in 3rd and 13.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    He is our Matt Schaub.
    You scum sucking pig!

He had 2 bad games and 1 good game. And his 1 good game could have been bad if his near-INTs weren't dropped in the first half.

I'm very impressed with what Trevor has done for a 7th round pick. The value we got from him is amazing, and he's an awesome story. But no, I don't think he is or should be our QBotF. Lynch is much, much more talented. Trevor will probably never get much better because the traits that made him the starter (poise, intelligence, demeanor) have already fully developed and he'll never have the physical tools to be one of the true greats. Lynch has them, it's just a question of will he develop the rest.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

I think it's hilarious when people react negatively to Siemian being compared to QBs like Orton or Schaub. Getting an Orton or Schaub in the 7th round is ******* phenomenal.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Quarterback grade: Trevor Siemian 69.5

Numbers don’t match the eye for Siemian

A nice drive may leave many feeling good about Siemian, but there was enough here to suggest that he could be the Achilles heel for the Broncos. He escaped a dangerous pick after throwing the ball straight to Shawn Williams and a number of times missed routine throws that took his team off the field.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...grades-week-3/
    That's a narrow analysis. He played very well in the second half.

21. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Trevor Siemian, Broncos’ star receiving duo shine in road win against Bengals

from article:

But it was the Broncos’ young quarterback, Trevor Siemian, who passed the biggest test of his career with flying and record-setting colors. The seventh-round draft pick, playing in his first NFL road game, completed 23-of-35 passes for 312 yards, four touchdowns, zero interceptions and a 132.1 passer rating, keying an impressive fourth-quarter run for the victory.

“It was a great outing,” Broncos coach Gary Kubiak said. “I don’t think you get too carried away — but we know we have a good young quarterback who’s on a good team, and this was a great sign today. He came into a tough environment, handled himself very well and played big.”

The victory was only the third of its kind for a Broncos quarterback on the road. Peyton Manning twice had 300-yard, four-touchdown and zero-interception road games — when he shattered records and was named MVP in 2013.
    http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/25...revor-siemian/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

The one thing I find is unique and awesome at the same time is how the players LOVE him. The amount of tweets you see from the players complimenting him, and encouraging him is awesome. Speaks to Trevor's character in the locker room for these players to go out of their way say these things.

24. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information