Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Bengals 09/25/16

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton Bronco Fan View Post
    Get into FG range first though, please.

A 50 yard bomb, then run the rock. That's what I want.
    ^^THIS IS PASSINGS ONLY JOB^^

Just to be CRYSTAL clear, for the record. Turns out Cincys CB couldn't deflect the pass, make the tackle nor knock out the ball, so we got the TD outright, but that's just a nice bonus: As long as DT hangs on, we literally RUN a couple more minutes off the clock then pad our leadthe sole question is how MUCH (i.e. by 7 or "only" 3.)
    Last edited by Joel; 09-26-2016 at 04:18 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    better depth, better conditioning, and best of all, better pizza
    Sounds like a papa John's advert

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton Bronco Fan View Post
    That right side of the offensive line is going to get Siemian killed today.
    Not just today, sadly. I can't speak to the Panthers game without seeing it, and believe Stephenson got hurt early last week, so hopefully they're just missing him and the run blocking on the right as well as protection EVERYWHERE will solidify once he's healthy. But for now I'm just continually glad Lynch isn't out there, and not just because Siemian has generally shown far better composure against that adversity than anyone has any right to expect from a second-year QB who hadn't played a SNAP before Opening Day (again: Lone 2015 kneel-down doesn't count.)

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Feels like he lacks confidence in the pass pro.
    Anyone smart enough to get into college would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Siemian just doesn't look comfortable with the oline. Looks jittery and like he has happy feet.
    This is precisely what I want to NOT "develop" in Lynch. As cool as the rest of the team says Siemian is, imagine what a raw QB used to trusting his great physical ability would be like barely three months into his NFL career. It's interesting that when the RBs struggle for a SINGLE game everyone blames the blocking, but when the passing game struggles weekly it's all the QBs fault: Do people really expect more of Siemian than CJ?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Not just today, sadly. I can't speak to the Panthers game without seeing it, and believe Stephenson got hurt early last week, so hopefully they're just missing him and the run blocking on the right as well as protection EVERYWHERE will solidify once he's healthy. But for now I'm just continually glad Lynch isn't out there, and not just because Siemian has generally shown far better composure against that adversity than anyone has any right to expect from a second-year QB who hadn't played a SNAP before Opening Day (again: Lone 2015 kneel-down doesn't count.)

Anyone smart enough to get into college would be.

This is precisely what I want to NOT "develop" in Lynch. As cool as the rest of the team says Siemian is, imagine what a raw QB used to trusting his great physical ability would be like barely three months into his NFL career. It's interesting that when the RBs struggle for a SINGLE game everyone blames the blocking, but when the passing game struggles weekly it's all the QBs fault: Do people really expect more of Siemian than CJ?
    There is a lot of truth here.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    I've got the Broncos by 10.
    Not to bad.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

I've got the Broncos by 10.
    Not to bad.
    Alt+241 on your num pad: It's the Gold Standard for numerical ass coverage.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 9h9 hours ago

#Broncos CJ said DT TD wasn't audible. Siemian told DT in huddle “If I put this up, you’re going to make a play" Bingo. Drive home safely

10. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

From PFF, top grades for us yesterday:

Top offensive grades:

WR Emmanuel Sanders, 86.0
    C Matt Paradis, 81.5
    FB Andy Janovich, 76.4
    TE Jeff Heuerman, 75.4
    T Russell Okung, 74.1

Top defensive grades:

CB Chris Harris, 83.8
    ED Von Miller, 83.6
    S T.J. Ward, 82.7
    LB Brandon Marshall, 81.5
    ED Shane Ray, 80.2

... Seeing Paradis in there every week is encouraging. The PFF analysis also talks about how the o-line wasn't particularly good yesterday, singling out Sambrailo. Hopefully Stephenson is back soon, because it appears that Paradis and Okung are doing just fine, while the right side of the line ...

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

I'm watching the fourth quarter again (because why not?) and there's an underrated pass in there on the go ahead TD drive. It's third and two somewhere around mid-field. DT is called for a false start, making it third and seven. Siemian calmly rifles a quick hitter to DT on the left side for an easy first down. Ice cold. Then hits a similar pass to Fowler on the next play. Just plain great execution, nothing fancy.

14. The Following 6 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Victory Monday press conference:

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 4m4 minutes ago

Gary Kubiak said S T.J. Ward had a stinger during the game. Both he and Russell Okung (back) are said to be OK.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m4 minutes ago

Brandon Marshall wasn't hurt as much as he was "tired," Kubiak said. "He and Todd both played very well," Kubiak added.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3m3 minutes ago

Kubiak, on Michael Schofield: "He just continues to become a better player," says he's "staying the course."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

#Broncos Kubiak "Good news is that while we weren't able to run ball we were able to protect Trevor.." @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak: "I would like to think we could run the ball against a 7-man front, but we weren't able to."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Green and Stephenson are "day-to-day," Kubiak said.

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 24s25 seconds ago

#Broncos @1043TheFan Kubiak "We are playing some good football at the right times, finding a way to make plays."

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 2m2 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak singled out Siemian's ability to extend drives on 3rd down, his ability to keep eyes up when moves in pocket @DenverChannel

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 2m2 minutes ago

Kubiak says he hopes that Heuerman draws confidence going forward from the 29-yard catch he had in the fourth quarter.

Kubiak, on the footing Sunday: "We had a few cutback plays, plays that we normally make, but we didn't make."

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

#Broncos Kubiak said it was "obvious they were trying to keep Von and other guys off their QB" @DenverChannel

Kubiak: "We've given up a lot of third downs with quarterbacks taking off and running on us."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 51s52 seconds ago

Zaire Anderson was the special-teams MVP on Sunday, Kubiak said.

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 3m3 minutes ago

#Broncos "I think your confidence continues to grow [in Siemian]. Getting a lot of comfort in watching him handle the team" @1043TheFan

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 3m3 minutes ago

Trevor Siemian, Emmanuel Sanders offensive MVPs. Shane Ray, Chris Harris defensive MVPs.
    Last edited by VonDoom; 09-26-2016 at 02:28 PM.

18. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Siemian is a better QB than Andy Dalton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos Injury Report: T.J. Ward, Russell Okung emerge "fine" from Sunday's game

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Despite missing time Sunday because of injuries, left tackle Russell Okung and safety T.J. Ward emerged "fine" from Sunday's game, Head Coach Gary Kubiak announced at his Monday afternoon press conference.

"Hopefully we're okay with both of them. It looks that way today," Kubiak said.

Okung left the 29-17 win over the Bengals late in the first quarter with a lower back injury, but returned after going through stretching work on the sideline. Okung was replaced by Michael Schofield at left tackle for the 13 snaps he missed, with Darrion Weems moving to Schofield's right guard spot for those plays.

Ward left with a "stinger," Kubiak said, but returned and missed just three of the 67 total snaps for the defense Sunday.

Inside linebacker Brandon Marshall is also fine after being treated on the field during the final defensive series.

"I think he was just tired, very worn out," Kubiak said of Marshall, whose 59 snaps were the most of any Broncos linebacker. "Our secondary and those two [inside linebackers], he and Todd [Davis], were guys that were playing a lot of plays, and we weren't able to rotate much for [them]. But he and Todd played very well."

Offensive lineman Donald Stephenson and tight end Virgil Green remain "day-to-day" after sitting out Sunday's game with calf injuries, Kubiak said, adding that Green remains ahead of Stephenson in the recovery process.
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...a-c8e52c9f9bb7

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information