Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Your thoughts, who was in the wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I disagree. If he needs to be going somewhere that fast, he absolutely has to have his lights on. There's really no excuse for it.
    Maybe there was a sale at Walmart and he didn't want to bring attention because he wanted to buy up everything?

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I disagree. If he needs to be going somewhere that fast, he absolutely has to have his lights on. There's really no excuse for it.
    I dont know what the protocol is but sometimes they do not throw the sirens on because they may be trying to "sneak" up on someone when doing raids and serving warrants. Dont know if that would be the case here or not but im not really sure its a black or white issue. I dont really blame the teen either rather just calling it very bad luck and poor timing. There are still things called accidents, not everything has a hidden agenda about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont know what the protocol is but sometimes they do not throw the sirens on because they may be trying to "sneak" up on someone when doing raids and serving warrants. Dont know if that would be the case here or not but im not really sure its a black or white issue. I dont really blame the teen either rather just calling it very bad luck and poor timing. There are still things called accidents, not everything has a hidden agenda about it.
    There is no hidden agenda. If your assignment requires you to be driving twice the speed limit, you need to have your sirens on.

I don't even understand how this is debateable. But then again, they acquitted this idiot.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Dickers on the road maybe???

Hostage situation?

There are likely plenty of real time reasons where sirens are inappropriate

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Dickers on the road maybe???

Hostage situation?

There are likely plenty of real time reasons where sirens are inappropriate
    Agreed. Again, dont know if this was classified as one of those situations but surely there are times when they simply are not used. Of course on the flipside i was always taught to look both ways before crossing a street so sometimes common sense has to factor in as well when it comes to the general public.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information