Thread: Broncos’ Trevor Siemian on “Omaha,” being a 7th-round pick, more

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos’ Trevor Siemian on “Omaha,” being a 7th-round pick, more

Peyton Manning doesn’t have a patent on the word “Omaha,” at least not yet, Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian said.

On “The Dan Patrick Show” on Monday, Siemian talked about his car, Manning’s trademark call from the line and being a seventh-round pick.

Here are some excerpts:

On saying “Omaha” in Sunday’s game against Indianapolis:
    “It’s just part of our offense, it’s a hand-me-down from Peyton (Manning). I don’t think he has a patent on it yet, so we’re going to continue to use it.”

Welcome to the NFL moment:
    “The first time in the cafeteria, Peyton came up to me and said, ‘Trevor, how are you doing?’ You know, introduced himself. I said, ‘Trevor Siemian, good to meet you, Peyton.’ And I don’t know if I was nervous my first day in the building or what not, and he says, ‘How’s Pat doing?’ And I’m going through my Rolodex in my head, ‘Pat? Who do I know that’s Pat that knows Peyton?’ And of course he’s talking about my college coach Pat FitzGerald. I don’t call him Pat. It’s coach Fitz to me.”
    rest plus Patrick video which is full interview - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/20...-patrick-show/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Also from the article:

Looking back at last year, if I were to play, it wouldn’t have been good for any body. I just wasn’t ready.
    Emphasis added.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Sounds like a good kid.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Jaws For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Plus...he's not afraid of shadows.

#neverlettingthatdie
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Smart money says once opponents have a full three games worth of Siemian tape he begins returning to earth, possibly even this week against a tough front seven in his first road game. Forced to bet, I'd say we see Lynch (maybe even Davis) around Halloween, a third QB by Thanksgiving (unless Davis replaces Siemian and goes on a sustained tear, unlikely unless we can keep 5 quality blockers on the field for consecutive games) and fans are burning Kubiak in effigy by Christmas.

Then we rocket out of the gate in 2017 for a long undefeated stretch, with Lynch as a legit stud starter and Siemian his experienced capable backup, both protected by a solid line who relieve the pressure on them by regularly breaking CJ loose for 100 yd games and 5-6 yds/att. While the #1 D remains just that, as Roby slides into aging and expensive Talibs spot and Webster into Robys without either missing a beat. SO stoked about Denvers long term future.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Webster is in last year of his contract, Talib/Harris/Roby are not, so if he's gonna take anyone's spot without missing a beat he better show something quick. His next impact play will literally be his second, one career Int, he's been virtually invisible.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

We're talking #3 CB; he just needs to be good, not an All Pro (though that'd be a nice bonus.) How much do you expect to see him do when he only plays dime unless someone's hurt? If we genuinely have the NFLs #1 TRIO, the fact Webster's "buried" on the depth chart IMMEDIATELY behind them is no indictment of him. I just wish I could be that confident none of our OTHER CBs will be indicted for anything....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information