View Poll Results: Who will win, Denver at Cincinnati?

Voters
41. This poll is closed
  • Denver

27 65.85%
  • Cincinnati

10 24.39%
  • Hoes is still a dirtbag

4 9.76%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Who will win, Week 3

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    None of that guarantees that Lynch will see the field. Having good film study is far different than playing in live action. I think you are reading way too much into those tweets.
    I am more thinking that our QB play is not great, WR are chatting about offense needs to step up. Passing game has more turnovers than TD. A QB who is not throwing deep.

A first round QB who they are high waiting. I do not think it is reading too much into it.

Siemien is having same issue i had with him in preseason. He is holding back going deep. Wont push it down field. Other teams will eventually start to make him go deep and load boxes.

They're not dialing up a lot of long passes for him. I don't discount Lynch playing at some point as it is pretty plausible, but Siemien isn't being asked to even play like the Raven's offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

come on, trevor, chuck it deep! fifty yard bombs every time!

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    come on, trevor, chuck it deep! fifty yard bombs every time!
    I think he did what you asked for.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

5. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    They're not dialing up a lot of long passes for him. I don't discount Lynch playing at some point as it is pretty plausible, but Siemien isn't being asked to even play like the Raven's offense.
    I think this is a whole lot of it: Guy'd never even taken a pro SNAP before Opening Day, so walk before you run, at least until we stabilize our protection (especially on the invalid right side.) Now we're three games in and Siemian's mostly played well, so when we appeared to be getting into a shootout against the Red Rifle on the road, Kubiak opened up the playbook more in the second half and waited to see if Siemian could take the next step. To my mind, he did.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I think this is a whole lot of it: Guy'd never even taken a pro SNAP before Opening Day, so walk before you run, at least until we stabilize our protection (especially on the invalid right side.) Now we're three games in and Siemian's mostly played well, so when we appeared to be getting into a shootout against the Red Rifle on the road, Kubiak opened up the playbook more in the second half and waited to see if Siemian could take the next step. To my mind, he did.
    I felt Trevor passed road test number one with flying colors.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

From what I've read here, the consensus seemed to be that Siemian has a high floor but low ceiling, Lynch just the opposite. Another way to view that is that the questions are "How far can Siemian go?" and "When will Lynch be ready?" Those questions are likely to converge eventually, but I'm hoping it's 2017. I'll say this:

The Broncos fan in my is FAR happier with Siemian than the Texans fan is with Osweiler, and not just because of their salaries (hard as those are to ignore.) Last year I said our next franchise QB probably wasn't even on the roster yet (more because I doubted Oz' ability than his sense.) After the SB, I preferred WE took a mulligan on this whole SEASON rather than spaz out by mortgaging the future for any of the young QB options who were long shots by definition.

There are many ways to mortgage the future. Trading away tons of picks just to move up a dozen or two spots and take a flyer on [your top QB prospect here] would qualify, but so would tying our FA hands for the next 2-3 years by sinking a ton of guaranteed money into Oz. Thankfully, Elway did neither: He swindled Houston by bidding up Oz despite knowing full well Oz refused to stay in Denver at any price, and all he traded to move up for a QB was a single 3rd round pick (the SB Champs 3rd rounder, just 5 spots better than the top 4th round pickor 4 spots better than the comp pick we used on Simmons.)

Elway played it masterfully; his risk/reward ratio's negligible if only because the risk is ITSELF negligible. I mean, if Siemian AND Lynch bust, what have we lost? Answer: A #31, #94 and #250 overall pick, plus ~$3½M/yr worth of cap through 2018. And that's counting Davis as our # this year; most teams spend an ORDER OF MAGNITUDE locking up their teams single most important position. That means they're SCREWED if all their QBs bust, but what will be if all ours do? We'll be a team with a top ten (or even five) draft pick AND tons of FA cash to spend seeking our next QB prospect.

Even if we lose we win, and that's the biggest win of all: The one that builds championships and dynasties. I'm really happy however it plays out, because whether Siemian's a HoFer, Lynch is a HoFer or both bust and we go back to the drawing board there's nothing but upside for us regardless. Elway stacked the deck, and since he's ALREADY won a SB he's playing with house money too!
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information