Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ware's Broken Arm Is a "Break" For Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default Ware's Broken Arm Is a "Break" For Broncos

Nobody roots for injuries but a broken forearm to DeMarcus Ware is actually a good thing for Denver. No, really.

Ware has had a history of sitting out mideseason with back or leg injuries. Now, he gets to sit and heal a non-critical injury and be more rested and ready for the last month of the season and the playoffs.

In the meantime, the Broncos get to further develop Shane Ray and the rest of the edge rushers waiting their turn to shine so we'll be better off in 2017 after Ware is retired or released for cap reasons.

So, the end result is a healthier Ware for crunch time this season and a more experienced edge rusher for next season.

Enjoy your time off, D.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Nice hot take.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I have a very similar thread all typed up and I just can't wait to hit the "post new thread" button it's titled OrangeHoof's broken computer is a "break" for Broncos forums.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

I actually understand what you're getting at. We have depth at that position, and Ray and Barrett should be able to step up nicely (unlike, say, TE if Green is out). So in that way, we should be okay with Ware out.

However, when Ware was out last year, the pass rush was noticeably less potent. The young guys just can't bring the havoc like Ware can. Ware as a rotation / third down rusher guy seemed like a good idea so far. I think we'll see a dip in production until he's back.

6. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I actually understand what you're getting at. We have depth at that position, and Ray and Barrett should be able to step up nicely (unlike, say, TE if Green is out). So in that way, we should be okay with Ware out.

However, when Ware was out last year, the pass rush was noticeably less potent. The young guys just can't bring the havoc like Ware can. Ware as a rotation / third down rusher guy seemed like a good idea so far. I think we'll see a dip in production until he's back.
    Von got two of his three sacks with Ware out.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

How bout that pun, though? Well played.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Do we save any money?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Nobody roots for injuries but a broken forearm to DeMarcus Ware is actually a good thing for Denver. No, really.

Ware has had a history of sitting out mideseason with back or leg injuries. Now, he gets to sit and heal a non-critical injury and be more rested and ready for the last month of the season and the playoffs.

In the meantime, the Broncos get to further develop Shane Ray and the rest of the edge rushers waiting their turn to shine so we'll be better off in 2017 after Ware is retired or released for cap reasons.

So, the end result is a healthier Ware for crunch time this season and a more experienced edge rusher for next season.

Enjoy your time off, D.
    I can't say I agree.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

No, but we ease the transition to next year. Think of it as similar to playing Osweiler last year while Manning healed up for the playoffs. Except Ray and Barrett won't be free agents after the season.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    No, but we ease the transition to next year. Think of it as similar to playing Osweiler last year while Manning healed up for the playoffs. Except Ray and Barrett won't be free agents after the season.
    As much playing time as Ray and Barrett there still wouldn't be much a transition.

Manning would have been under contract this year had he not retired.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

I thought Ray had a great game yesterday, and that's without the return TD. He pressured Luck quite a few times, and was able to get after Gore multiple times as well. Next year I think he'll be ready to go full tilt.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived tripp For This Post:

Call me bat shit crazy, cause this line of thinking is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy out there, but I'd rather Ware hadn't broken his friggin arm. Flame away.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

roy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 4m

#Broncos Ware will have surgery Tuesday. Kubiak said likely out 4-5 weeks. Guys have come back sooner, but no reason to rush it

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Call me bat shit crazy, cause this line of thinking is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy out there, but I'd rather Ware hadn't broken his friggin arm. Flame away.
    So you would have rather he kept playing and then broken his back instead?! Sad!

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Like VonDoom, I hear what you're saying and even had a similar thought: That a minor arm injury that prevents wear on tear on his back causing a major injury midseason could be a blessing in disguise. That said, I'm unsure a fracture qualifies as a "minor" injury; I kinda feel like anything requiring SURGERY is a major injury. With Kubiak's statement Ware will be out 4-5 weeks, he wasn't out much longer with his back last year—and it's not like a month and a half on the sideline now guarantees he won't have serious back problems anyway. Back issues aren't really something that heal up and go away, especially on the wrong side of 30.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information