Default Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Colts 09/18/16

Go Broncos

Win a game!

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

No, sneakers! No!

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I think the defense goes off. 3 turnovers, one TD, 3+ sackd, harassing Luck all day. Broncos roll 31-13.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

GO BRONCOS !!!

SMASH THEM
    IN THE MOUTH
    !!!

GO "D" --- SACK luck !!!

Broncos 42
    coltz 13

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Just win the game, BRONCOS!

GO BRONCOS !!!

GO BRONCOS !!!

GO BRONCOS !!!

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing (Edmund Burke)

http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived Az Snake For This Post:

I'm surprised there's not been more comment this week on how the reigning SB MVP has NEVER sacked Luck. Or maybe there has been and I just missed it. Either way, I bet Von doesn't need to be reminded. I frankly expect him to be Designated Double Team this year, but that'll just create more opportunities for Ware/Ray and Wolfe. You can't double team EVERYONE without those max-protect fronts Carolina tried, and using 7-8 blockers dramatically reduces the number of receiving options available against arguably the NFLs best CB trio, solid safeties and a good coverage LB duo. 3-4 receivers+6-7 good coverage men=many coverage sacks.

All that said, the lone fly in that ointment is the damage mobile improvisational QBs like Rodgers, Cam, Wilson, Luck and Big Ben can do against blitzers with most of the D in deep coverage. But with Wayne retired, Fleener in NO and the Colts run game reduced to the plodding production of Gore/Turbin, the resulting increased demands on Luck may prove too much for any one man to withstand against the NFLs #1 D.

Perhaps the biggest difference from past years with Manning on EITHER team is that we aren't pre-committed to a shootout, with the inevitable errors that always forces on even the best offense. We know our D doesn't get blown out, so our offence can be patient and careful (but hopefully not TIMID) and choose its opportunities: We don't have to worry about the game being over by halftime if we haven't already put up 20-30 pts just to keep pace.

All that said, Indy's certainly had our number the past couple decades, so getting blown out wouldn't even surprise me. If our guys were so focused on last week being "our (second) SB" to prove the championship wasn't a fluke, and let a long week to enjoy that vindication distract them from preparing for a Colts team that's a shadow of its former glory, Indy could give us a harsh reality check. Hopefully we're coached better than that now.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I'm surprised there's not been more comment this week on how the reigning SB MVP has NEVER sacked Luck. Or maybe there has been and I just missed it. Either way, I bet Von doesn't need to be reminded. I frankly expect him to be Designated Double Team this year, but that'll just create more opportunities for Ware/Ray and Wolfe. You can't double team EVERYONE without those max-protect fronts Carolina tried, and using 7-8 blockers dramatically reduces the number of receiving options available against arguably the NFLs best CB trio, solid safeties and a good coverage LB duo. 3-4 receivers+6-7 good coverage men=many coverage sacks.

All that said, the lone fly in that ointment is the damage mobile improvisational QBs like Rodgers, Cam, Wilson, Luck and Big Ben can do against blitzers with most of the D in deep coverage. But with Wayne retired, Fleener in NO and the Colts run game reduced to the plodding production of Gore/Turbin, the resulting increased demands on Luck may prove too much for any one man to withstand against the NFLs #1 D.

Perhaps the biggest difference from past years with Manning on EITHER team is that we aren't pre-committed to a shootout, with the inevitable errors that always forces on even the best offense. We know our D doesn't get blown out, so our offence can be patient and careful (but hopefully not TIMID) and choose its opportunities: We don't have to worry about the game being over by halftime if we haven't already put up 20-30 pts just to keep pace.

All that said, Indy's certainly had our number the past couple decades, so getting blown out wouldn't even surprise me. If our guys were so focused on last week being "our (second) SB" to prove the championship wasn't a fluke, and let a long week to enjoy that vindication distract them from preparing for a Colts team that's a shadow of its former glory, Indy could give us a harsh reality check. Hopefully we're coached better than that now.
    Fox is in Chicago. We are better off now.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Fox is in Chicago. We are better off now.
    No argument; their loss is our gain. #AdditionbySubtraction.

But if I go completely in the tank for Denver we're looking at a 74-1 loss: It's a mortal lock.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

13. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

No argument; their loss is our gain. #AdditionbySubtraction.

But if I go completely in the tank for Denver we're looking at a 74-1 loss: It's a mortal lock.
    Lol. We'll be fine.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

15. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Denver played the Colts last season and lost so I suppose that means they are not a well coached team?

They also hit Luck 12 times in that game. So are they timid?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

18. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Go Broncos, Another big win today!!!

Thanks MasterShake!!!

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Go Broncos!

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jaws For This Post:

This looks like a win and that always makes me nervous. Look at the Colts depth chart. Their top two CBs are both out and their backups are both questionable. That leaves two healthy third stringers and some banged up guys. Siemian should air it out!

Stop Luck and we win. Easier said than done. Go Broncos!

24. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Happy Gameday Broncos fans.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Can this game start already!
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information