Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The official color rush uniforms!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Awesome.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

What is this uniform for?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The Rams do it when they wear their throwbacks. I've seen the Pats do it too. Most teams can because their helmet colors haven't changed much if at all over the years, but Denver is an exception obviously.
    I do remember the Rams now. I didn't know the pats did. They put the throwback sticker on a silver helmet?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Our Color Rush game. Every team is doing it for their Thursday night game this year.

That's our color rush uniform

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I do remember the Rams now. I didn't know the pats did. They put the throwback sticker on a silver helmet?
    I just looked at pics and it was actually a white helmet. I guess that was before they changed the helmet rules.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Ok.... I guess a better question is "what is color rush". I can see that this is our color rush uniform, it's in the thread title, and Google searches are only showing me that this is, in fact, a color rush uniform, but nowhere explains exactly what "color rush" is that I can find.

Ok.... I guess a better question is "what is color rush". I can see that this is our color rush uniform, it's in the thread title, and Google searches are only showing me that this is, in fact, a color rush uniform, but nowhere explains exactly what "color rush" is that I can find.
    Basically it's when a team wears the same color jersey as they do pants for a Thursday night game.

Edit: both of the teams do this for the game.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Basically it's when a team wears the same color jersey as they do pants for a Thursday night game.
    You guys sure are a helpful bunch. I'll continue searching on Google.

11. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Do not remember the Thursday night games last year where teams both wore solid color uniforms instead of one having a color and one being white? The Jets-Bills game was the famous one because people who were colorblind couldn't tell them apart. Those are the "color rush" games.

Watch any Thursday night game this year and you will see all these very bright colors! They did it last year in some games (in fact, the Jets and Bills wore them last year and apparently colorblind people couldn't tell the difference in the uniforms. They're doing it again this week but evidently they fixed that issue, allegedly).

Back to ours ... orange on orange is lame, but seeing the classic D on the helmet will be nice.

14. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

You guys sure are a helpful bunch. I'll continue searching on Google.
    That's literally exactly what it is Davii. There really isn't anything more to it.

I have no idea what you're asking then. It's a thing that was created by Nike and the NFL. It doesn't have a secret meaning.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I have no idea what you're asking then. It's a thing that was created by Nike and the NFL. It doesn't have a secret meaning.
    Yeah, "color rush" is just the marketing term that they use to brand the Thursday night games where teams wear solid color unis. That's really all there is too it. Not sure what else Davii wants from us.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

One hundred percent of the NFL’s proceeds from the sale of Color Rush jerseys will go directly to the NFL Foundation to fund health, safety and wellness programs for youth around the country. The NFL Foundation is the league’s non-profit organization, representing all 32 clubs, and funds grants to support athletes, youth football and the communities that support the game. The first $500,000 raised from this initiative will be earmarked to replace youth and high school football equipment and fields lost in last month’s devastating floods in Louisiana.
    Link to Nike site

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information