Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: D.T. Injured, May Miss Time

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m

Today isn't full practice.. Wednesday is.. if Demaryius Thomas practices then bodes well for him playing Sunday.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 8m

Troy Renck Retweeted DenverSports760

There you go. Thomas doing OK.. #Broncos. @DenverChannel

Troy Renck added,
    DenverSports760 @DenverSports760
    Right now @Broncos HC just told Dave Logan & @SusieWargin that @DemaryiusT is "doing pretty good...should be back on the field Wednesday."

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 53s

#Broncos Kubiak said DT had two good days of treatment on hip.. Again, expects him to practice Wednesday. @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m

Kubiak said Thomas could have practiced today if needed.. Fowler did practice.. .. Said DT "doing pretty good" #Broncos @DenverChannel
    0 retweets 0 likes

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Well, except for basically the entire OL. Not just Clady. Did you watch that Kubiak special on NFL Channel? I suggest you watch the part where Clancy Barone goes into detail of what they needed to do. It was basically no less than a miracle that they did it in my estimation.

I wonder if this could happen without Manning. His OMFG it's Peyton Manning factor, ability to glue them together through knowledge of defenses, ability to identify their failures as they happen, and so on. Might get overlooked that he compensated for some of the issues with the line. Am I wrong about this? Manning's arm may have sucked, idk, but I bet he had a lot to do with the championship that we haven't talked about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I wonder if this could happen without Manning. His OMFG it's Peyton Manning factor, ability to glue them together through knowledge of defenses, ability to identify their failures as they happen, and so on. Might get overlooked that he compensated for some of the issues with the line. Am I wrong about this? Manning's arm may have sucked, idk, but I bet he had a lot to do with the championship that we haven't talked about.
    I really don't think so. A lot of people said he did this or that or the other thing. Manning lent a spark in the Charger game. The simple fact is as soon as Manning went out, the first two games against the Bears and Pats, the Broncos rushed for over 170 yards in both games. The stretch run was able to be run with a QB that had the ability to run bootleg keepers.

OZ went 5 and 2 as a starter. Manning, in the SB had one of the worst statistical games of any QB. Not just a winning a SB but ANY QB. The Broncos in the SB broke the record for ineptitude by going 1 for 14 on 3rd downs. It broke Craig Morton's record for ineptitude in SB XII.

That reason, coupled with the Broncos needing to overcome 3 QBs that destined for the HOF, I would say they had the most impressive defensive run of any team.

No, I do not think Manning did all that much to overcome the line. I think that stuff is overblown.

DT is the man and I love him. That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    I really don't think so. A lot of people said he did this or that or the other thing. Manning lent a spark in the Charger game. The simple fact is as soon as Manning went out, the first two games against the Bears and Pats, the Broncos rushed for over 170 yards in both games. The stretch run was able to be run with a QB that had the ability to run bootleg keepers.

OZ went 5 and 2 as a starter. Manning, in the SB had one of the worst statistical games of any QB. Not just a winning a SB but ANY QB. The Broncos in the SB broke the record for ineptitude by going 1 for 14 on 3rd downs. It broke Craig Morton's record for ineptitude in SB XII.

That reason, coupled with the Broncos needing to overcome 3 QBs that destined for the HOF, I would say they had the most impressive defensive run of any team.

No, I do not think Manning did all that much to overcome the line. I think that stuff is overblown.
    In 2015, Manning had less of an impact on the team's line because he had a bum foot for six games, and then Osweiler started seven and he hung onto the ball too long. But, there's really no doubt Manning's affect on the line was impressive. Second, first and first in sacks allowed in his first three seasons in Denver. 21st when he was hurt and Osweiler started almost half the season. That's not an anomaly, IMO.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I personally think Manning had incalculable value as a field marshal. Not just diagnosing Ds and calling audibles (though certainly those) but because his teammates WANT to win for him. He holds them all to very high standards, but himself to the highest of all, which gets big results that earn their trust and confidence.

THAT'S how he "lent a spark" against the Chargers, and many others. Remember the FIRST time he faced the Chargers with us? The 24 pt comeback to win by 11 (the only one of the few 24 pt comebacks in NFL history won by double digits)? As well as he played, I'm not sure the rest of the team c/would've kept up for anyone else (except Elway.)

Getting the line on the right page, directing WRs, reading Ds, calling audibles; all that stuff certainly matters, but lots of QBs can do that. Very few bring that "We're down 3 TDs, but he's gonna win it; I don't know HOW, but I know he WILL" factor of Manning.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information