Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: D.T. Injured, May Miss Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    Is Fowler close to being back? WR depth was one of the strengths in training camp. Looks like we're going to have to test it very soon. Get well soon DT!
    I think Fowler is almost ready. We better hope so if DT is out for any time

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Well, except for basically the entire OL. Not just Clady. Did you watch that Kubiak special on NFL Channel? I suggest you watch the part where Clancy Barone goes into detail of what they needed to do. It was basically no less than a miracle that they did it in my estimation.

Even still, we had insanely good injury luck compared to most other teams. None of our star players missed significant time. 8 of our 11 starters on defense last year missed either 1 or 0 games, and the other 3 missed 4, 4, and 5 games respectively. That is very, very fortunate. And on the offensive side of the ball, our main skill players (CJ, DT, Sanders, Daniels) missed 2 games combined. And even on the o-line, all 5 starters started at least 12 games, so none of them missed significant time. Every team has guys get banged up, but to only have one projected starter (Clady) sustain a season-ending injury is very fortunate.

Taylor looked good, plus when Latimer gets back he looked really solid in preseason.

Forgot Latimer is back, hopefully he can step up.

Really like Taylor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Article says he suffered this in the first qtr. As far as I can remember, he played the whole game, and had a great block on one of the plays.
    #elite

I'm sure Latimer will be of exactly no help. He does it in practice though!
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

There are a couple guys who have the wide bodies to make the tough catches DT makes. They just don't have his athleticism

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I'm sure Latimer will be of exactly no help. He does it in practice though!
    Preseason is what it is, but this preseason before he got hurt, Lattimer was the best WR not named Sanders or DT. He was very impressive.

I do have real high hopes for Taylor though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I'm anxious to find out what the second opinion is. Hopefully he only missed a couple weeks at most.

Justin Hunter?
    Hunter got claimed by Miami, sorry homie.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

11. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Might be time to see what Sunshine can do.
    I'll tell what he can do, he can run that -------> way, somewhat fast...just don't ask him to turn.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Even still, we had insanely good injury luck compared to most other teams. None of our star players missed significant time. 8 of our 11 starters on defense last year missed either 1 or 0 games, and the other 3 missed 4, 4, and 5 games respectively. That is very, very fortunate. And on the offensive side of the ball, our main skill players (CJ, DT, Sanders, Daniels) missed 2 games combined. And even on the o-line, all 5 starters started at least 12 games, so none of them missed significant time. Every team has guys get banged up, but to only have one projected starter (Clady) sustain a season-ending injury is very fortunate.
    Don't forget Peyton Manning for a time there. Then again, he was horrible. However, most teams could not say they missed their starting QB and used an unproven QB during the crucial part of the season.

That QB in his second career start had to overcome a 14 point deficit against the Pats, who had not given up a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter in over a decade. In the driving snow no less.

Not bad.

I get your point, but the Broncos had a few problems. Most, if not ALL other SB winning teams did not need to put together a patch work OL like that, coupled with a back up QB. I mean it would have been impressive enough, given those conditions to make it over .500 let alone win the SB.

Which is why I put what the Broncos defense did last year above the Ravens or the Bears. Quick, which QBs did those all time defenses need to beat in their play off run? I think the Bears had Dieter Brock and Tony Eason in the SB. The Ravens in their run had a Gus Ferrotte and Kerry Collins in the SB? The Broncos behind one crap offense overcame Roth Brady and Cam. Two sure fire HOFers and the MVP of the league.

I went off on a tangent, cause I thought it needed to be said.

Anyway, the Broncos had to overcome quite a bit last year. This year, will present new challenges.
    Last edited by Broncoknight30; 09-11-2016 at 05:42 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

We had insanely good injury luck last year. Other than Clady, (and I guess you could say Manning?), no significant starter missed much if any time. Unfortunately, we're kinda due for the injury bug to strike this year. It's really hard to stay that healthy two years in a row.
    Ware was out for half the season, our OL had street scrubs and practice squad players as starters, Trevathan missed time, CJ missed time, there are a lot more, this is just off the top of my head.

This notion that we avoided injury last year is false. Our backups were ridiculously capable until the starters were back. We had two HOFers miss half the year. ..

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

If Latimer blows this opportunity then he just aint no good

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Ware was out for half the season, our OL had street scrubs and practice squad players as starters, Trevathan missed time, CJ missed time, there are a lot more, this is just off the top of my head.

This notion that we avoided injury last year is false. Our backups were ridiculously capable until the starters were back. We had two HOFers miss half the year. ..
    Ware missed 6 games, not half the season. CJ played in 15 games. Trevathan played 15 games. And our street scrubs and practice squad players on the OL were the guys we started the season with. It's not like we had multiple pro bowlers on the line who missed time. Only Clady.

As far as NFL teams go, we were EXTREMELY healthy last year. Especially once the playoffs came around. Our roster was at full strength for the entire playoff run. Manning was the healthiest he was all season and we had all 11 defensive starters on the field.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Except for the guys that were hurt last year, we were really healthy!

21. The Following 7 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information