Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rapoport: Broncos looked into trading for Case Keenum

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Schaub didn’t have to spend years as a backup, because he wasn’t garbage. I’m not saying Schaub was great, I’m saying Keenum is a backup talent that can be found every stinking draft. All they need is a sentimental old backup QB looking to live vicariously through them for 6 years.

Btw, QBR? I’m not familiar with this argument, do tell?
    Quarterback rating. I provided the chart for you yesterday. That is given more credence than passer rating.

Schaub has had seven backup/garbage years among his 13. Research it. I did.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Quarterback rating. I provided the chart for you yesterday. That is given more credence than passer rating.

Schaub has had seven backup/garbage years among his 13. Research it. I did.
    He was a backup for 1, maybe 2 seasons before being traded for a premium pick, the rest came after his prime. Nice try.

I don’t even like Schaub, this is surreal.

Btw, I aware of the supposed difference between QBR and passer rating, I just don’t bother distinguishing between the two for fear of brain damage . I was mocking your argument because it’s old and tired.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 03-19-2018 at 05:26 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

3. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I didn't see this anywhere else and it was kind of lost in the game stuff going on yesterday, but I thought this was interesting. Broncos did their diligence but it sounds like the Rams were asking for way too much:

I'm not sure if they were specifically looking for Talib or Roby, but obviously that wasn't going to happen. The Vikings traded a first rounder for Bradford, but there was no way Elway was going to trade a high pick or great player for Keenum. As usual, they believed in the guys they had, and that's why Siemian was out there last night.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...rade-in-august
    OK. This was the story in August of 2016, not August 2017. Sure, Kubiak wanted Keenum so they inquired with the Rams about getting him, but Jeff Fisher wouldn't trade.

Then the Rams sucked with Keenum, Goff and Foles, and fired Jeff Fisher, while the Broncos got "more comfortable" with Trevor Siemian starting and dropped efforts to trade.

I've heard this story repeated on the radio several times, so it's probably just true that the Broncos (or Kubiak) have wanted Keenum for a while now. Since Kubiak is master-minding Denver's QB search, that was probably the way it was always going to come down.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

He was a backup for 1, maybe 2 seasons before being traded for a premium pick, the rest came after his prime. Nice try.

Btw, I aware of the supposed difference between QBR and passer rating, I just don’t bother distinguishing between the two for fear of brain damage . I was mocking your argument because it’s old and tired.
    Well, it may be "old and tired" to you, but they have that measurement for a reason. The QBR is a
    guide for judging the total performance of a quarterback. The passer rating reveals just the passing
    aspect, which is only a part of the quarterback's performance. Personally, I don't believe it is as
    "old and tired" as baseless opinions, which has all I have gotten so far from anyone trying to debate
    this with me.

Your saying "1, maybe 2" is a case in point. You are the one who brought up Schaub and attempted
    to compare him to Keenum. I answered with specifics, and your response is "old and tired." So I
    infer, then, that anything you say has merit, and anything I say does not.

Okay, my friend, we'll leave it at that. We've established that I know nothing. Happy mocking.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

I just got the impression that you were mocking it because you enjoy mocking people you don't agree with... You know, rather than peaceful discussions.

I guess I do it too occasionally...

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I just got the impression that you were mocking it because you enjoy mocking people you don't agree with... You know, rather than peaceful discussions.

I guess I do it too occasionally...
    I love how all of the sudden you are now an expert on MB decorum. You know, you, the guy who has sent me no less than three rep comments trolling me in some fashion. My favorite was when you tried to spoil the end of the last Jedi for me after I had already seen it. Classic! Where has your buddy CoreyWingnut been by the way, he's another stand up guy.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

8. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I love how all of the sudden you are now an expert on MB decorum. You know, you, the guy who has sent me no less than three rep comments trolling me in some fashion. My favorite was when you tried to spoil the end of the last Jedi for me after I had already seen it. Classic! Where has your buddy CoreyWingnut been by the way, he's another stand up guy.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I've left you alone for months now chazoze. I'm playing nice and not interacting with you. Besides, I really don't give a crap what you think...

Did I handle myself wrong in the past? Absolutely. Am I acting that way still? Nope, I'm trying to leave you alone and not antagonize you.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 03-19-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Nothing to see here Joe.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Nothing to see here Joe.
    OK. I'll just eat my popcorn then.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

OK. I'll just eat my popcorn then.
    Are you gonna share?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Are you gonna share?
    No. You dissed me when you were in town a few months ago. Something about hanging out with your buddies instead of having a beer with me.

I'm still not over that.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

No. You dissed me when you were in town a few months ago. Something about hanging out with your buddies instead of having a beer with me.

I'm still not over that.
    PS: Waiting to CoachChaz to weigh in on being dissed...

And, for the record chazoze, my response to jaded was meant to be humor, not a lecture on mb etiquette...

Which is why I pointed out that I did it to at times...

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I agree. Leaving out the stats that don't support your argument is always a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

20. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information