4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    He pounded the table for TD
    How about we just avoid any of the shit quarterbacks Houston had during his tenure?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    How about we just avoid any of the shit quarterbacks Houston had during his tenure?
    Evidently he's just fine with that: We dumped Sanchez and signed Austin, while TJ Yates remains sitting by his phone waiting for 32 calls that never come. Frankly, I think the Rams would be better off with him than with Keenum, but NEITHER'S coming to Denver any time soon. The kind of QBs Houstons FO allowed him to employ are the primary reason they no longer employ HIM, which worked out pretty well for him and usbut not for the Texans.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Evidently he's just fine with that: We dumped Sanchez and signed Austin, while TJ Yates remains sitting by his phone waiting for 32 calls that never come. Frankly, I think the Rams would be better off with him than with Keenum, but NEITHER'S coming to Denver any time soon. The kind of QBs Houstons FO allowed him to employ are the primary reason they no longer employ HIM, which worked out pretty well for him and usbut not for the Texans.
    I like how you conveniently blame the Houston front office for the quarterbacks you don't like, and praise Kubiak for stumping for the quarterbacks you do like. It's one or the other, and as usual, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I like how you conveniently blame the Houston front office for the quarterbacks you don't like, and praise Kubiak for stumping for the quarterbacks you do like. It's one or the other, and as usual, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.
    "Like" is a big word; acknowledging Yates is better than Schaub isn't exactly setting the bar high, but here's Houstons draft history. A person could go blind looking for QBs. Yates is actually the MOST RECENT they drafted, right after Keo: In 2011. That might make sense if they had someone like Rodgers, but look what they rolled through the season and into the playoffs with last year.

Or the previous year.

Can't blame any of that on Kubiak: He wasn't even THERE. In the Texans' 15 year existence they've drafted a total of FIVE QBs, only TWO before the 5th (i.e. Carr #1 overall in 2002, Dave Ragone in the 3rd in 2003, BJ Symons in the 7th in 2004, Alex Brink in the 7th in 2008 and Yates in the 5th in 2011.) That team should thank God, Kubiak, Wade and Dennison for EVER carrying it to ANY playoff, let alone WINNING a couple (though maybe Marvin Lewis deserves credit for that last part. )

EDIT: They've drafted six QBs in 15 years, I just overlooked Tom Savage in the 4th in 2014. The year after Schaubs implosion left with nothing but Yates and Keenum under center, and a 2-14 record that secured the #1 overall pick—which they spent on Clowney, and look how well THAT'S worked out ("Super Mario" Bros. 2?)
    Last edited by Joel; 09-11-2016 at 11:03 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Jaded, are you opted in to the lounge?
    I am, I went to check and stayed up all night trying to find my post in your looooooong ass thread.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

9. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Keenum led his team to zero points last night, on 17 for 35 passing for 130 yards. So glad we stayed away.

11. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I am, I went to check and stayed up all night trying to find my post in your looooooong ass thread.
    Okay, good.

I think that was time well spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

13. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Just reviewing how the Broncos tried to trade for Keenum some time ago. Of course, their
    interest was a bit greater this year after this last season.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

15. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Forgot about that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Kubiak will doom this regime.

Bump this in another two years.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Since I'm also a fan of several lesser teams, I watched them Keenums rookie year and remember some commentator saying early in the season that Kubiak saw a lot of his play since it was just down the street, really liked him and wanted to draft him in the 7th round, but couldn't get the GM/owner to agree, so wound up not-so-casually "watching casually" in hopes everyone else would pass on Keenum so Kubiak could sign him as an UDFA: When they did, HE did, immediately.

In my mind, that, combined with drafting Yates way down in the 5th the previous year, confirmed what I'd long suspected: Riding Schaub to the bitter end wasn't Kubiaks idea, but one or both of his bosses' idea. So guess when Schaub went down in flames, who else got "fired" along with him?

Regardless, if Kubiak was that high on Keenum as a rookie UDFA, it's pretty much a given that he's FAR more impressed with Keenum earning an NFL starting job. As things have gone, I think (at least until there's evidence otherwise) we'd be better off even if the Rams weren't dramatically overvaluing a guy even THEY want to replace (what is it with teams thinking even backup "starting" QBs are gold plated; first Kaep, now KEENUM?!)

Frankly, that Yates and Keenum continued to be in ever more demand even as Schaub dropped off the face of the Earth just underscores my opinion of Houstons real QB problem. Conversely, it reassures me that OUR future QB depth chart is in very capable hands (even if it strongly suggests Houston's screwed WHOEVER the coach is; it's not like ANY of their QBs have exactly "improved" in the two years since they scapegoated Kubiak for their own obstinance, but my second-favorite teams loss is my favorite teams gain.)

So I'd trust Kubiaks assessment of Keenum (it's certainly interesting that Kubiak chose Davis even though Yates remains available) but am glad we didn't pay a kings ransom for a guy we'd be lucky to get as much out of as Siemian, on whom I also trust Kubiaks assessment.
    El oh mother****ing el.

Oops!
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Dude, I’m not even a Schaub honk but if you’d rather have Keenum or Yates over Schaub you need to find a new way to make a living.

There’s 100-or-more Keenum’s and Yates in every single draft.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Dude, I’m not even a Schaub honk but if you’d rather have Keenum or Yates over Schaub you need to find a new way to make a living.

There’s 100-or-more Keenum’s and Yates in every single draft.
    So 100 other QBs finished a season with the top QBR in the league. mmkay . . .

But it's really not a very fair comparison. Schaub has been in the league for 13 years so
    he has had far more time to prove himself than has Keenum. Schaub did go to the Pro
    Bowl twice, and he even was MVP in one of them. But in those 13 years, he was worth a
    hoot in six of them. Two of those years were pretty good, and the others were pretty
    journeyman. The other seven years, he was backup quality or just plain scrub.
    During these last four years, it is Schaub who really should have found some other way
    to make a living.

It shouldn't be hard for Keenum's career to exceed Schaub's over 13 years . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    So 100 other QBs finished a season with the top QBR in the league. mmkay . . .

But it's really not a very fair comparison. Schaub has been in the league for 13 years so
    he has had far more time to prove himself than has Keenum. Schaub did go to the Pro
    Bowl twice, and he even was MVP in one of them. But in those 13 years, he was worth a
    hoot in six of them. Two of those years were pretty good, and the others were pretty
    journeyman. The other seven years, he was backup quality or just plain scrub.
    During these last four years, it is Schaub who really should have found some other way
    to make a living.

It shouldn't be hard for Keenum's career to exceed Schaub's over 13 years . . .
    Schaub didn’t have to spend years as a backup, because he wasn’t garbage. I’m not saying Schaub was great, I’m saying Keenum is a backup talent that can be found every stinking draft. All they need is a sentimental old backup QB looking to live vicariously through them for 6 years.

Btw, QBR? I’m not familiar with this argument, do tell?
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 03-18-2018 at 10:32 PM.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information