Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Report on Being a Broncos fan and thoughts on the defense

Default Report on Being a Broncos fan and thoughts on the defense

It is much more fun than not being one.

In no particular order:

1. Harris had a nice pick, and I think he got jobbed on that late game penalty. While it is crappy to call it, and while the WR had his hands in Harris' face, if it gets called it's almost always on the defense, and if you don't do it you can't get called on it. That TD he gave up to Kelvin Benjamin was tough to watch. He had another penalty in the game that was puzzling.

2. Talib....man...we love Talib.

3. Von Miller gets held more than a newborn baby. Someone call that shit. ****. With that being said, he is starting to encroach upon Watt's territory as the best defender in the game.

4. DeMarcus Ware is a man. A big, strong, fast, smart, man.

5. Shaq Barrett is a guy who has shown flashes in the past. There were a couple of times he looked really strong tonight. I am going to keep my eyes on him.

6. Stewart is going to get fined for that hit; unless he is a huge repeat offender, a suspension is unlikely. I was watching the game with a couple of my friends and they noted that he was a pretty damn good player. He's not Ed Reed, but his presence is felt. I don't think he was trying to hurt Newton, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Broncos need to work to reduce penalties.

3. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I think the correct call on the 4th and 22 was offsetting, both players had their hands to the face.

And wasn't the call on Stewart wrong because Newton was out of the pocket, making him a runner at that point?

I will say this, Streratore is one of the best.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

I think the correct call on the 4th and 22 was offsetting, both players had their hands to the face.

And wasn't the call on Stewart was wrong because Newton was out of the pocket, making him a runner at that point?
    That type of hit is usually called a personal foul. I'm not sure the ref meant roughing the passer.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

CJ, really seems to be developing good vision. It'll be awesome if he plays like this all year.

9. The Following User High Fived scott.475 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Quote Originally Posted by scott.475 View Post
    CJ, really seems to be developing good vision. It'll be awesome if he plays like this all year.
    TBH, I think CJ has always had great vision. It's mostly a matter of him staying healthy and keeping the fire in his belly.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

11. The Following User High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    TBH, I think CJ has always had great vision. It's mostly a matter of him staying healthy and keeping the fire in his belly.
    It also helps when the o-line opens up holes the way they did tonight.

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It also helps when the o-line opens up holes the way they did tonight.
    Absolutely. The line looks a lot better than last season.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

15. The Following User High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

The defense really needs to clean up the penalties. 4th and 22 and you are not playing it safe? Doesn't make sense. 12 men on the field 4 times? WTF?

It was good to see the adjustments in the 2nd half and they came back with a vengeance, but it was a rough start.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    The defense really needs to clean up the penalties. 4th and 22 and you are not playing it safe? Doesn't make sense. 12 men on the field 4 times? WTF?

It was good to see the adjustments in the 2nd half and they came back with a vengeance, but it was a rough start.
    I think more than the penalties they have clean up the turnovers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I think more than the penalties they have clean up the turnovers.
    On the offense, yea. Don't turn it over and have a good run game. That and a good defense and we should win the division and get back in the playoffs.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Wolfe on Panthers' O-Line: 'They were targeting'

Thought this was a good place to put this: And besides what Derek went through, I thought that Von was getting held a lot. Stuff like this could explain why the defense did not play like we thought they would.

DENVER -- Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe prides himself on playing until the whistle. He prides himself on finishing plays. But what transpired Thursday was illegal, not fundamental football, he asserted.

Talking exclusively with Denver7, Wolfe accused the Panthers' offensive line of crossing the line. He singled out Panthers guard Trai Turner.

"He was absolutely targeting me. That's how he is," Wolfe said. "He should be fined. Write that."

Turner received a penalty for taunting on the Panthers' first touchdown.

"He should have had three more. He should have been ejected," Wolfe said.

Wolfe left the game with a sprained ankle and stiff neck. He was facemasked and hurt his leg when pushed into a pile, he said.
    rest - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/spor...were-targeting

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Thought this was a good place to put this: And besides what Derek went through, I thought that Von was getting held a lot. Stuff like this could explain why the defense did not play like we thought they would.

rest - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/spor...were-targeting
    That was part of it, but Cam also shortened his drops and was getting the ball out quicker. We also weren't getting the inside push like we were in the SB, which is probably the result of no Walker or Jackson.

24. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    6. Stewart is going to get fined for that hit; unless he is a huge repeat offender, a suspension is unlikely. I was watching the game with a couple of my friends and they noted that he was a pretty damn good player. He's not Ed Reed, but his presence is felt. I don't think he was trying to hurt Newton, either.
    It's a contract year for the guy. I was pretty certain Denver would let him walk after this season. But man did he set the tone last night. He may make it hard to let him walk.

26. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post

Yeah, the multiple 12 men penalties were puzzling. What the hell was going on with that?

28. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information