Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Report on Being a Broncos fan and thoughts on the defense

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Yeah, the multiple 12 men penalties were puzzling. What the hell was going on with that?
    It was getting frustrating. It seemed to be in the secondary but hard to tell from the stands

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Yeah, the multiple 12 men penalties were puzzling. What the hell was going on with that?
    Twice is seemed like Simmons was the guy trying to get off. Maybe just rookie confusion.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Report on being a Bronco's fan:

We're the defending Champs, we're damn good, we'll get better, life is good

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Reports of Denver's demise (see Meril asshat Hodge) have been greatly exaggerated.

5. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It's a contract year for the guy. I was pretty certain Denver would let him walk after this season. But man did he set the tone last night. He may make it hard to let him walk.
    That's been my hope, because it's also been too long since we had a bona fide centerfielder instead of a couple glorified LBs (or "puffed up" LBs, if Jaded prefers. ) As the S/FS divison continues blurring and the value of run-stuffing SSs in a passing league continues to diminish, it's another position where more and more teams either have a safety who does EVERYTHING well, or only have HALF a player. Like, it's all well to compare Teal Julius to Gronk or Witten, but they both do one very big thing very well that he does not at all (which is why he wound up on a bad divisions 5-11 team while we were winning a SB: But at least he got paid, right? )

Before anyone says it: NO, Stewart is NOT like a certain other member of our secondary. I've seen several commentators note that, while he'll probably be fined for that hit on Cam, Stewart probably WON'T be suspended because he has literally NO prior history of headshots. And, while I've only seen the replay, at this point I've seen it ENOUGH that I'm not convinced Stewart would've made contact with Cams head if Cam hadn't dropped his shoulders and head as he followed through on the pass. Which is a perfect example of why penalties/suspensions for WHERE rather than HOW a defender lays a hit are SO stupid.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Reports of Denver's demise (see Meril asshat Hodge) have been greatly exaggerated.
    Don't forget the guy who summed up Camolina as "Keep on dabbing" but the Reigning World Champs as "Falls off cliff." At least the Panthers remain BELOW us to break our "fall."
    Last edited by Joel; 09-10-2016 at 05:28 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Im still getting used to VK being a Bronco fan. I keep waiting for the punchline to drop. lol

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

It was cool to listen to Rodney Harrison eat crow after the game last night. Every analyst working the game claimed to be blown away by how well Siemian played.

11. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Im still getting used to VK being a Bronco fan. I keep waiting for the punchline to drop. lol
    Hold me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post

He's been a closet Bronco fan for years. We all know that. Lol

I bet King knows more about the Broncos than the average Bronco fan.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

14. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    That's been my hope, because it's also been too long since we had a bona fide centerfielder instead of a couple glorified LBs (or "puffed up" LBs, if Jaded prefers. ) As the S/FS divison continues blurring and the value of run-stuffing SSs in a passing league continues to diminish, it's another position where more and more teams either have a safety who does EVERYTHING well, or only have HALF a player. Like, it's all well to compare Teal Julius to Gronk or Witten, but they both do one very big thing very well that he does not at all (which is why he wound up on a bad divisions 5-11 team while we were winning a SB: But at least he got paid, right? )

Before anyone says it: NO, Stewart is NOT like a certain other member of our secondary. I've seen several commentators note that, while he'll probably be fined for that hit on Cam, Stewart probably WON'T be suspended because he has literally NO prior history of headshots. And, while I've only seen the replay, at this point I've seen it ENOUGH that I'm not convinced Stewart would've made contact with Cams head if Cam hadn't dropped his shoulders and head as he followed through on the pass. Which is a perfect example of why penalties/suspensions for WHERE rather than HOW a defender lays a hit are SO stupid.
    I do not prefer "puffed up", I used the term "pumped up", you're probably thinking of Shane/Chron.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I do not prefer "puffed up", I used the term "pumped up", you're probably thinking of Shane/Chron.

17. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Sorry, couldn't remember which it was, but figured I had a 50/50 shot (when Shane/Chron talks about our LBs puffing up it's usually Von, not Nelson and Co. )

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Cj loves this offense. One cut and hit holes for big yards.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information