Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway Denies Talib Trade Rumors

Default Elway Denies Talib Trade Rumors

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-cb-aqib-talib

The Denver Broncos are making Pro Bowl cornerback Aqib Talib available via trade for the right price, sources told ESPN's Dianna Russini on Saturday.
    Broncos general manager John Elway denied the report.
    "False," Elway told reporters. "[Talib's] name was never brought up anywhere."
    Talib, entering his ninth NFL season, had three interceptions -- two of which were returned for touchdowns -- and 45 tackles during the Broncos' championship season in 2015.

While I don't believe that they would trade him under most circumstances, no player is 'untradeable'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I honestly wouldn't mind it. It really seems like this is going to be a transition year, and Talib ain't coming back next year, so I wouldn't mind getting value for him. We can roll with Roby as CB2 with Webster and Doss as the 3 and 4 guys and be fine IMO.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind it. It really seems like this is going to be a transition year, and Talib ain't coming back next year, so I wouldn't mind getting value for him. We can roll with Roby as CB2 with Webster and Doss as the 3 and 4 guys and be fine IMO.
    I think Denver can be a nine or ten win team this year so I wouldn't want them to trade him. I understand your position, though.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I think Denver can be a nine or ten win team this year so I wouldn't want them to trade him. I understand your position, though.
    It would have to be good value in return. I wouldn't just give him away. But I think with our CB depth it wouldn't be the worst idea if we could get value.

It would have to be good value in return. I wouldn't just give him away. But I think with our CB depth it wouldn't be the worst idea if we could get value.
    I would guestimate his value would be two seconds?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I would guestimate his value would be two seconds?
    Hmm, that would be a lot to give up for a 30 year old CB. If someone offered that, I would jump all over it if I were Elway. If Bradford can fetch a 1 and 4 though, who the hell knows.

Hmm, that would be a lot to give up for a 30 year old CB. If someone offered that, I would jump all over it if I were Elway. If Bradford can fetch a 1 and 4 though, who the hell knows.
    He's a top five corner. Shit, look at how much Josh Norman got for being a cover two corner with only one good year. It's one of those magical positions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

He's a top five corner. Shit, look at how much Josh Norman got for being a cover two corner with only one good year. It's one of those magical positions.
    With a position like CB that's largely based on speed, a guy can drop off quick though. It would have to be a team in win-now mode to give that up for him.

With a position like CB that's largely based on speed, a guy can drop off quick though. It would have to be a team in win-now mode to give that up for him.
    True, but his game was never based on speed. I think that would help his value a lot. He's also still one helluva ballhawk and probably the best star cornerback in run coverage.

If the Over The Cap website's number are correct, we could save about $7 million by trading him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    If the Over The Cap website's number are correct, we could save about $7 million by trading him.
    What in the **** is your avatar about?

I don't want to trade Talib. He is my spirit animal.

What in the **** is your avatar about?

I don't want to trade Talib. He is my spirit animal.
    My new team, of course. Go Dawg Pound, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    My new team, of course. Go Dawg Pound, or something.
    I don't know why you want to disrespect me so, but you and I are no longer friends in any capacity. Goodbye.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don't know why you want to disrespect me so, but you and I are no longer friends in any capacity. Goodbye.
    Sad.

Sad.
    I didn't ask for this; a man can only suffer so much.

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information