Thread: Good read on Siemian

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Default Good read on Siemian

I encourage everyone to read the article and think everyone is going like this excerpt from Plummer to Siemian:

“I told him, ‘Fans aren’t going to want to see Trevor Siemian. They want to see Paxton Lynch, the guy they screamed and yelled about when they picked him in the first round,’” Plummer says. “I think Trevor’s highly capable of playing — he’s got the skillset and the talent — but he’s just in a spot where he could do well and still not be the guy, with a first-round QB behind him. It’s a tough spot to be in, but I told him don’t worry about that. ‘Go do your job, go do your thing and people will ultimately respect you even more for that.’”

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/13...er-broncos-qb/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Not totally sure what Jake is getting at. Im totally fine with rolling with Trevor since both he and Paxton are on the same level as far as unknown is concerned. This isnt the same as the Orton/Tebow fiasco.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Not totally sure what Jake is getting at. Im totally fine with rolling with Trevor since both he and Paxton are on the same level as far as unknown is concerned. This isnt the same as the Orton/Tebow fiasco.
    I don't think he was referencing Orton/Tebow. Think he was referencing himself and Cutler.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I don't think he was referencing Orton/Tebow. Think he was referencing himself and Cutler.
    Well, his and Cutler's situation was very much like Orton/Tebow. I dont see that being the issue with Siemien and Paxton. Both these current players have no background to really go off of. If Siemien starts to stink it up than i certainly would expect some fans to start calling for Paxton at that point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If Siemien starts to stink it up than i certainly would expect some fans to start calling for Paxton at that point.
    How is that different than the other two situations?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    How is that different than the other two situations?
    Jake and Orton had an extensive amount of actual playing time. They were veterans. Paxton and Trevor are both basically rookies with no background to go off of. Trevor isnt really expected to be the type of player (off the bat) that Jake and Kyle were. That is the difference. The expectations of Trevor are the same as they would be for Paxton right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Jake and Orton had an extensive amount of actual playing time. They were veterans. Paxton and Trevor are both basically rookies with no background to go off of. Trevor isnt really expected to be the type of player (off the bat) that Jake and Kyle were. That is the difference. The expectations of Trevor are the same as they would be for Paxton right now.
    Fair enough, but I don't think Jake's point had anything to do with Siemian's experience. Just that the fans will be clamoring for the #1 pick, and Siemian can't let that affect him.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Jake's comments to Siemian were born from what he went through with Cutler. Siemian has tall order to fill. He has to play well and team winning to keep the critics at bey.

Trevor is going to lose his job at some point this season. On the bright side, working his way up to this point means he is a shoe-in to get on other rosters, and maybe be a starting QB again. He's started his career trajectory as a journeyman QB. Make that money, Trevor. Make that money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Trevor is going to lose his job at some point this season. On the bright side, working his way up to this point means he is a shoe-in to get on other rosters, and maybe be a starting QB again. He's started his career trajectory as a journeyman QB. Make that money, Trevor. Make that money.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Dem Checks. DEM CHECKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

As much as I want to see Lynch play, I really hope Siemian makes it hard for him to get to see the field. There's a lot worse things than having two young talented QB's on the roster. In a world where Sam Bradford gets a 1st and 4th round pick for his services, QB play is definitely at a premium. Let's hope they both continue to develop into solid QB's.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information