Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tony Romo breaks bone in back, out 6-10 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Yikes. I heard Dak Prescott looked good in the first two preseason games, but that left them feeling good about him being the backup, not the starter.

Sanchez trade?
    Lol...or we could just cut him and I don't think we are on the books for a draft pick of he doesn't make the final roster.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I feel terrible for Romo and wouldn't be surprised at all if this ends his career

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Romo is (was?) a good QB that gets blamed for an organizations failures. He deserves better than cowpie fans. I kinda hope he hangs it up, his body can't take much more.
    Yes. Romo takes the brunt of the fan hate despite their shit owner being the problem.

Another reminder that the idiot Hall of Mediocre voters voted him in over Bowlen.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I can't find a valid reason for JJ being nominated over Bowlen.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

To the extent such a thing's possible when discussing someone whose made 8-figures annually for a decade just to PLAY A GAME, this is pretty tragic. Romo's the biggest reason Dallas has been competitive that whole time—even a title contender for several seasons in his prime (remember when they had playoff homefield only to run into the Cinderella buzzsaw that was the '07 Giants?) But they never got over the hump because they could never even come close to protecting the guy who was their ONLY hope at a title (remember when he finished the final regular season game with a hand swollen to THREE TIMES ITS NORMAL SIZE against the Cinderella '11 Giants, only to lose that game and the division title to them?)

So two years ago Dallas finally bites the bullet, invests heavily in rebuilding what's become a VERY good line, and it's too late: They waited so long the damage was already irreparably done. Had they done it a decade ago as I was crying out for them to do, Romo could've had a career like Troy Aikman in the early '90s. Since they didn't, he had a career like Troy Aikman in the LATE '90s, when a dual concussion season ended his season in a weeping press conference saying goodbye to fans after the always classy Jerry Jones summarily cut the three-time champion.

Protect the Franchise. This isn't even complicated.
    Last edited by Joel; 08-29-2016 at 04:40 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information