Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Trevor Seimien

I've tried to stay away, but watching and listening to Siemien is akin to Orton. Nothing exciting about the guy. He's decent, not flashy. He says all the pc things. Thank goodness he doesn't have the fainting goat aspect, but it does look like he may be keen on throwing int's when trying to force it in there. He's serviceable, will manage the game, but don't expect to get excited.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I've tried to stay away, but watching and listening to Siemien is akin to Orton. Nothing exciting about the guy. He's decent, not flashy. He says all the pc things. Thank goodness he doesn't have the fainting goat aspect, but it does look like he may be keen on throwing int's when trying to force it in there. He's serviceable, will manage the game, but don't expect to get excited.
    I don't think anyone has any illusions that he will be anything more than a game manager. His job is just to hold down the fort until Lynch is ready.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I don't think anyone has any illusions that he will be anything more than a game manager. His job is just to hold down the fort until Lynch is ready.
    I think after last preseason, there was some excitement about him. Enough that they kept him on the 53. But we didn't get to explore because of who was already here. That also works against him because when you aren't flashy, it's really easy for fans to want the new shiny toy to play. He's in a no win situation.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I think after last preseason, there was some excitement about him. Enough that they kept him on the 53. But we didn't get to explore because of who was already here. That also works against him because when you aren't flashy, it's really easy for fans to want the new shiny toy to play. He's in a no win situation.
    Honestly, he's already hit the jackpot by becoming a starter so soon after being a 7th round pick. That is exceptionally rare at that position. So even if he loses his job at some point this season, he has done enough to at least secure his spot as a backup in the league for years to come. He probably never expected in a million years to start for Denver getting drafted behind Peyton and his assumed successor in Oz, so really everything past this point should be gravy for him. I'm sure he realizes he's on borrowed time the closer Lynch gets, so hopefully he's just going out there and enjoying it while it lasts instead of caving under the pressure.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I wonder, if he's named the starter, if he'll get a bump in pay. Pretty cheap @ $615k for a starting QB!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I wonder, if he's named the starter, if he'll get a bump in pay. Pretty cheap @ $615k for a starting QB!
    I doubt it. Elway doesn't seem in the business of giving out charity, and Siemian doesn't really have any leverage to ask for a raise this season.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The only bump in pay he will get is if he actually performs well throughout the year and holds onto the starting job.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The only bump in pay he will get is if he actually performs well throughout the year and holds onto the starting job.
    If he gets a bump in pay any time soon it likely won't be in Denver. I can't see Denver giving a raise to someone who they are planning on replacing soon.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

**** that!

They should ask him to take less!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    He could definitely play well enough to back up some other team next year, which would also probably get him more money.

That was kind of what I was saying in the game thread. I was hoping to be "wowed" by one of these guys and Siemian just seems so bland to me. I will root for his success but I'm not seeing anything special from him.

16. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

GEM

Not too impressed last night.
    He's not a starting qb.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    He's not a starting qb.
    He's literally the starting quarterback.

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

I don't like him as a player. I'm starting to dislike him in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    He's literally the starting quarterback.
    Hes not a starting caliber qb. Happy now?
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information