Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 O-Line

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I'm throwing it out there right now. This starting Oline is going to beast this season. The Broncos will be top 5 in the run game. Elway has done a great job of upgrading this unit.

LT- Russell Okung- When he's healthy he a top 5 LT in this league. He looks like he's already in pro bowl form.
    LG- Max Garcia- The youngster continues to improve in pass pro. He was always a beast in the run game. There's a reason the 2015 Olineman nicknamed him "The Future".
    C- Matt Paradis- Solid all the way around. Third year is usually when lineman make their biggest leap. I expect no less from him.
    RG- Ty Sambrailo/Darion Weems- Weems has been one of the surprises of camp. If Ty doesn't come back strong he may lose his starting job. Either way, it provides good depth at guard.
    RT- Donald Stephenson- Another under the radar signing by Elway. I think this guy is the Darian Stewart of 2016. Unheralded, solid veteran.

All in all, when you throw in a real fullback and a commitment to the run I expect to see this unit improve leaps and bounds over last season. The media, local pundits, and forum contributors have all proclaimed this unit to be a weak link on this team. I beg to differ. My gut told me last season that the defense would be special.
    It was almost a year ago today when I started this thread in the preseason:
    http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...t=orange+crush
    This year my gut tells me that barring injuries, the offensive line will be really good. Feel free to bump this thread and laugh me off of the forum if I'm wrong.

I dont know how much better they will be than last year but i do think they will be better than last year. But the depth behind them is very very crappy so hopefully those guys do not get any injuries because there is a huge drop off.

I wish I could be as positive as you on this, Ziggy. I'll settle for hoping that your prediction comes true. A solid line will help everyone, including whoever our QB is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    My boy Schoefield gonna go out and shock the WORLD.
    By sucking only half as bad as he did last year?

4. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Pats released Bryan Stork today, in a bit of a surprise. Better than Paradis?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The problem with this is that o-line is one of the most physical positions, and one of the hardest to stay healthy. You are almost always going to have injuries there, so depth is really important. So year, while our starting unit might look good on paper, and maybe they will be really good, I would say it's a longshot at best to think they will all stay healthy all season. Especially with guys like Okung and Sambrailo already having a history of injury issues.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Pats released Bryan Stork today, in a bit of a surprise. Better than Paradis?
    I think they are about even. Why did the Patriots release him? Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me the Patriots were bullish on him as someone they could build around.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I think they are about even. Why did the Patriots release him? Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me the Patriots were bullish on him as someone they could build around.
    I know he got kicked out of practice the other day, I think for a skirmish. There's probably more to it, though. If Belichick cut him, there's usually a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The problem with this is that o-line is one of the most physical positions, and one of the hardest to stay healthy. You are almost always going to have injuries there, so depth is really important. So year, while our starting unit might look good on paper, and maybe they will be really good, I would say it's a longshot at best to think they will all stay healthy all season. Especially with guys like Okung and Sambrailo already having a history of injury issues.
    Yeah, I definitely feel more confident in our starting five than I did last year at any time. But there's not much behind them, and that has been a problem already (see: 49ers game)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I'm throwing it out there right now. This starting Oline is going to beast this season. The Broncos will be top 5 in the run game. Elway has done a great job of upgrading this unit.

LT- Russell Okung- When he's healthy he a top 5 LT in this league. He looks like he's already in pro bowl form.
    LG- Max Garcia- The youngster continues to improve in pass pro. He was always a beast in the run game. There's a reason the 2015 Olineman nicknamed him "The Future".
    C- Matt Paradis- Solid all the way around. Third year is usually when lineman make their biggest leap. I expect no less from him.
    RG- Ty Sambrailo/Darion Weems- Weems has been one of the surprises of camp. If Ty doesn't come back strong he may lose his starting job. Either way, it provides good depth at guard.
    RT- Donald Stephenson- Another under the radar signing by Elway. I think this guy is the Darian Stewart of 2016. Unheralded, solid veteran.

All in all, when you throw in a real fullback and a commitment to the run I expect to see this unit improve leaps and bounds over last season. The media, local pundits, and forum contributors have all proclaimed this unit to be a weak link on this team. I beg to differ. My gut told me last season that the defense would be special.
    It was almost a year ago today when I started this thread in the preseason:
    http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...t=orange+crush
    This year my gut tells me that barring injuries, the offensive line will be really good. Feel free to bump this thread and laugh me off of the forum if I'm wrong.
    I hope you're right.

11. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

I know he got kicked out of practice the other day, I think for a skirmish. There's probably more to it, though. If Belichick cut him, there's usually a reason.
    Belicheat cuts the teams leading (and only) rusher for being 5 minutes late to a single film session. Regardless, Stork punched well above his weight as a rookie starter on their last SB team; I'd love to have him. If nothing else, he'd be a better backup G than injury prone Sambrailo or outright awful Schofield. I realize we're all about the ZBS again, but could someone please tell Dennison an OT too slow to beat edge rushers isn't a prime starting G candidate: He's just a bad OT.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Belicheat cuts the teams leading (and only) rusher for being 5 minutes late to a single film session. Regardless, Stork punched well above his weight as a rookie starter on their last SB team; I'd love to have him. If nothing else, he'd be a better backup G than injury prone Sambrailo or outright awful Schofield. I realize we're all about the ZBS again, but could someone please tell Dennison an OT too slow to beat edge rushers isn't a prime starting G candidate: He's just a bad OT.
    It's a moot point now anyway since he was traded, not released. He also considered retirement. Strange day for Stork

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It's a moot point now anyway since he was traded, not released. He also considered retirement. Strange day for Stork
    That is wierd.

Oh, well; Schofield for MVP it is then.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Serious concussion issues.

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Good stuff as always Ziggy. I feel better about this years starting O-line than last year but depth is still a concern. With that said if they can stay healthy we should be much improved on the o line.

18. The Following User High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information