Page 47 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 College Football

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Here's how I see the final 4 playing out as of now, barring upsets (which obviously you can't rule out anymore)

Bama - In
    OSU/Michigan - Winner in, loser out (assuming they also win Big 10 title game)
    Clemson - In, assuming they hold on to win ACC, which they are on track to do.

The last spot then comes down to Louisville or Washington IMO assuming both win out. Do they reward Louisville who probably had a better resume, or do they reward Washington for a conference title?

If we have some crazy upsets, things like Wisconsin, Oklahoma, or a 2 loss Michigan or Ohio State start to come into play. Will definitely be an interesting final few weeks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Here's how I see the final 4 playing out as of now, barring upsets (which obviously you can't rule out anymore)

Bama - In
    OSU/Michigan - Winner in, loser out (assuming they also win Big 10 title game)
    Clemson - In, assuming they hold on to win ACC, which they are on track to do.

The last spot then comes down to Louisville or Washington IMO assuming both win out. Do they reward Louisville who probably had a better resume, or do they reward Washington for a conference title?

If we have some crazy upsets, things like Wisconsin, Oklahoma, or a 2 loss Michigan or Ohio State start to come into play. Will definitely be an interesting final few weeks.
    I'd agree that's the picture as it stands.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default AP College Football Poll: Colorado Buffaloes rise to No. 12

Ohio State and Louisville moved up behind No. 1 Alabama in The Associated Press college football poll after the most surprising Saturday of the season gave the rankings a major makeover.

Three of the top four (Michigan, Clemson and Washington), five of the top 10 and seven teams overall in last week’s rankings lost to unranked opponents.

On Sunday, Alabama was a unanimous No. 1 for the first time this season, receiving all 61 votes. Ohio State is No. 2, a season best for the Buckeyes, and Louisville is No. 3, matching its best ranking ever.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/13...-poll-week-12/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The University of Colorado Buffaloes football team is a Top 10 team in the United States of America.

Who doesn't play football now?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Here is the top 10.

1. Alabama (10-0)
    2. Ohio State (9-1)
    3. Michigan (9-1)
    4. Clemson (9-1)
    5. Louisville (9-1)
    6. Washington (9-1)
    7. Wisconsin (8-2)
    8. Penn State (8-2)
    9. Oklahoma (8-2)
    10. Colorado (8-2)

What stands out the most to me is that they kept Michigan at 3. That really surprises me. That spot between them and Ohio St will work itself out though. Also a little surprised, but not stunned, at Clemson over Louisville. You could go either way on that one. Ultimately, I think Clemson and Louisville both stand a strong chance of making the playoff if they both win out.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Colorado Buffaloes ranked No. 10 in latest College Football Playoff rankings

The Colorado Buffaloes are the No. 10 college football team in the country.

That was the declaration Tuesday night from the College Football Playoff committee, which is charged with ranking the top 25 teams in an effort to determine a true national champion.

The buzz continues to grow for the Buffs, who will continue their quest for a Pac-12 championship Saturday against Washington State. The Cougars landed at No. 22 in the most recent CFP rankings, which were revealed on ESPN.

And CU coach Mike MacIntyre got a big endorsement from a respected industry voice during the broadcast.

“That’s the national coach of the year,” ESPN’s top color analyst, Kirk Herbstreit, said of MacIntyre.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/15...yoff-rankings/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

11. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Sure, Alabama is #1 but where is the rest of the vaunted SEC? 4 teams from the Big 14 and even 2 teams from the PAC 12. Oklahoma has to be below Ohio State in the pecking order so if Michigan beats the Luckeyes, they are knocking out two other schools. Clemson/Louisville is that old saw just like Baylor and TCU two years ago. Team A beat Team B but Team A also lost to a very mediocre Team C so which one is more deserving?

Congrats, Buffaloes. Been awhile since you've been in this neighborhood.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Louisville should fall out of the top 10 after this.

14. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Pomona lineman Jake Moretti flips commitment from Ohio State to Colorado

Pomona four-star lineman Jake Moretti, the state’s top football recruit in the class of 2017, said he will attend the University of Colorado, changing his commitment from Ohio State. Moretti announced his decision via Twitter on Thursday night.

Moretti, who has missed his senior season because of a torn ACL suffered in a summer camp at Ohio State, initially committed to the Buckeyes in July 2015.

With his switch to Colorado, he will join other locals in what is turning into a bumper Buffs recruiting class that includes ThunderRidge lineman Heston Paige, Cherry Creek linebacker Jonathan Van Diest and former Cherry Creek tight end Dante Sparaco, who is now at IMG Academy in Florida).
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/17...e-to-colorado/

I think it is great that these kids are staying home and going to CU. Been a long time for that.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

16. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Louisville should fall out of the top 10 after this.
    Washington is on cloud 9 right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Washington is on cloud 9 right now.
    I don't know about Cloud 9, but they have to feel a little better. Their current resume still sucks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don't know about Cloud 9, but they have to feel a little better. Their current resume still sucks.
    As long as they stay at 1 loss I don't see who jumps them. The committee favors conference champions and I don't think they'd leave out a 1 loss Pac 12 champ for any team with 2 losses.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

As long as they stay at 1 loss I don't see who jumps them. The committee favors conference champions and I don't think they'd leave out a 1 loss Pac 12 champ for any team with 2 losses.
    Probably not, but do you leave out a 1-loss Ohio State?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Probably not, but do you leave out a 1-loss Ohio State?
    Ohio State gets in easily likely as the 2 seed if they finish with 1 loss. That would mean they beat Michigan and win the Big 10 title game. Then you probably have Clemson at 3 and Washington at 4 assuming no more upsets.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information