Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: State license plates

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I think only about half of states, maybe less, require a front license plate. I have a Colorado style plate that says "BRONCOS" on the front of my car.
    a Colorado style vanity plate... can you use registered plates?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    a Colorado style vanity plate... can you use registered plates?
    Honestly, I'm not sure what the law is. I know that cops who get shit pay really don't care.

3. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Honestly, I'm not sure what the law is. I know that cops who get shit pay really don't care.
    what do cops make down there? I just looked it up, average salary in Alberta is 90k
    Last edited by weazel; 08-22-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

what do cops make down there? I just looked it up, average salary in Alberta is 90k
    Utah highway Patrol start at around 36k. It varies city by city, but your average cop around town is less than 50. At least in Utah, I'm not familiar elsewhere

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forum Runner
    Free Hotcarl!

The city cops get about $12 an hour. I believe that's higher than the county. State Troopers make about $40k a year and they can be douche canoes.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Louisiana has a ton of options, every high school, college, club, etc has one. There used to be only a few but some group sued the state for letting LSU alums have a special plate but not whatever little special interest group they were supporting. So the state let anyone that wants to pay all the fees, etc make their own plate design.

This is the standard:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LA license plate.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	9353

This is the standard handout right now until the bicentennial plates are all gone:

Name:	LA license plate 2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	9354

This is the plate I have on my 66 Mustang
    Name:  LA license plate 3.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  18.0 KB

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I have the Broncos plate on three of our cars. My other daughter moved to Wyoming, and their plates are nice.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

California has loads of options and none really are as cool as they should be. Want Snoopy on your plate? Done! Plate celebrating agriculture, the arts, kids, palm trees, whales, specific colleges, Yosemite, it goes on.

In a cash grab they brought back the old school black plates for anyone to order which looks weird on brand new cars. They're cool on black ones though.

Name:  image-719084405.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  17.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    California has loads of options and none really are as cool as they should be. Want Snoopy on your plate? Done! Plate celebrating agriculture, the arts, kids, palm trees, whales, specific colleges, Yosemite, it goes on.

In a cash grab they brought back the old school black plates for anyone to order which looks weird on brand new cars. They're cool on black ones though.

Name:  image-719084405.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  17.2 KB
    In a completely related cash grab they charge nearly twenty times what Louisiana charges for annual vehicle registration. Obviously depending on the value of your car... Oh, and the weight....

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    In a completely related cash grab they charge nearly twenty times what Louisiana charges for annual vehicle registration. Obviously depending on the value of your car... Oh, and the weight....
    Yep. And trivia-time - vehicle fees were a huge factor in getting Schwarzenegger elected - Grey Davis got recalled after vehicle taxes were tripled under his watch (I remember paying something like $700 extra for my car (was later refunded 2/3 of it). Lucky me - those fees were only in place a few months.

Arnold said he'd roll those back if elected - he did.

13. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Here's the one I currently have...

Name:	TXUSMC.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	9357

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Yep. And trivia-time - vehicle fees were a huge factor in getting Schwarzenegger elected - Grey Davis got recalled after vehicle taxes were tripled under his watch (I remember paying something like $700 extra for my car (was later refunded 2/3 of it). Lucky me - those fees were only in place a few months.

Arnold said he'd roll those back if elected - he did.
    Yeah I remember that. Even with Arnold rolling those back though it's still, IMO, way too much. I paid $240 for my wife's car, $140 for mine, and $115 for the 66 Mustang my last year in Cali. That was with my "Military exemption", it would've been like 80$ more per vehicle without it. I pay $15-20/yr per vehicle in Louisiana.

17. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Dang, that's low. I think I pay about 80 for my car

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Yeah I remember that. Even with Arnold rolling those back though it's still, IMO, way too much. I paid $240 for my wife's car, $140 for mine, and $115 for the 66 Mustang my last year in Cali. That was with my "Military exemption", it would've been like 80$ more per vehicle without it. I pay $15-20/yr per vehicle in Louisiana.
    Odd - I wonder why that 66 was so much. I have an 8,000lb '96 Suburban that's like $70/yr. You get raped though no doubt.

Alberta prices

Operator License 5 Yr term $84.45
    RV Trailer Registration (one time fee) $109.45
    Vehicle Registration (12 month term) $84.45
    Motorcycle / Off Highway Renewal (12 month term) $54.45

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information