Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NFL removes 'probable' designation from team injury reports

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I don't, personally, think it's going to impact me as a fan whatsoever. I don't pay much attention to injury reports in the first place though.
    Fantasy football and buying a ticket is a thing. Granted I just watch at home or at a B-Dubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Fantasy football and buying a ticket is a thing. Granted I just watch at home or at a B-Dubs.
    The fantasy football thing affects all players equally, so I couldn't care about that in the least. It will still be an equal playing field for everyone. As far as buying a ticket I get that, but you always have the option of just not buying one if there is any doubt about a player.

The fantasy football thing affects all players equally, so I couldn't care about that in the least. It will still be an equal playing field for everyone. As far as buying a ticket I get that, but you always have the option of just not buying one if there is any doubt about a player.
    It's 'equal' in the sense that the rules are cyclical as it applies to everyone; when bad rules are applicable to all, those rules are still bad.

I feel you about not buying the ticket, but it still sucks.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    It's 'equal' in the sense that the rules are cyclical as it applies to everyone; when bad rules are applicable to all, those rules are still bad.

I feel you about not buying the ticket, but it still sucks.
    Maybe it will convince more people to take the route I have the last few years and quit playing fantasy football. It has made my Sundays immensely less stressful. I don't think I'll ever go back.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

The NFL is a benefactor of Fantasy Football.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Maybe it will convince more people to take the route I have the last few years and quit playing fantasy football. It has made my Sundays immensely less stressful. I don't think I'll ever go back.
    I played fantasy football... Once. I concur that the games are imminently more enjoyable when I'm not worried about how individual players do week-in/week-out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    I played fantasy football... Once. I concur that the games are imminently more enjoyable when I'm not worried about how individual players do week-in/week-out.
    I played for a long time, probably 10 years or so, but I wound up just being pissed off with it far more than enjoying it. And it's not even like I never won leagues, I probably won 2 or 3, but it's stressful enough watching the Broncos to also have to worry about which players are getting what stats. It's also a pain in the ass to have to stay on top of injuries and the waiver wire every week, which I also don't miss.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

But isn't the point of this change for players who were listed as "probable" to not be listed on the injury report at all?
    No. the players who were listed as "probable" will now be listed as "questionable". If there is any chance they might possibly miss the game due to a known injury they will be listed as "questionable".

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    No. the players who were listed as "probable" will now be listed as "questionable". If there is any chance they might possibly miss the game due to a known injury they will be listed as "questionable".
    Do you know this for sure? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I haven't read that specifically. I figured the main point of this is that minor stuff like Tom Brady's shoulder" injury" wouldn't be reported anymore.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Do you know this for sure? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I haven't read that specifically. I figured the main point of this is that minor stuff like Tom Brady's shoulder" injury" wouldn't be reported anymore.
    Well, this nugget is in the article from the link in the OP.

"If there is any question concerning a player's availability for the game," the policy reads, "he should be listed as 'questionable.'"

It remains to be seen whether teams will go along with the change or just shift players they once would have listed as "probable" into the new "questionable" category.
    If there is ANY QUESTION. If there is .0000001% chance that a player won't play due to injury they should be listed as "questionable". So, Belicheat liked to list Tom as "probable" every single week, now he might just list his entire team either "doubtful" or "questionable" because everybody has a small chance of missing a game due to injury if they see a trainer even once that week, which they pretty much all do.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Well, this nugget is in the article from the link in the OP.

If there is ANY QUESTION. If there is .0000001% chance that a player won't play due to injury they should be listed as "questionable". So, Belicheat liked to list Tom as "probable" every single week, now he might just list his entire team either "doubtful" or "questionable" because everybody has a small chance of missing a game due to injury if they see a trainer even once that week, which they pretty much all do.
    Eh, I think the league would put a stop to it pretty quickly if the Pats started doing that. I'm not too worried about things like that happening. I suppose we will see though.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Eh, I think the league would put a stop to it pretty quickly if the Pats started doing that. I'm not too worried about things like that happening. I suppose we will see though.
    Their actual policy reads: "If there is any question concerning a player's availability for the game he should be listed as 'questionable.'"

So, why would they put a stop to it? What benefit for the fan is there from this policy? It's obvious that the thought of those previously listed as "probable" just won't be listed is wrong. If they are certain to play they never would've been listed as "probable", they just wouldn't have been on the injury report at all.

17. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Their actual policy reads: "If there is any question concerning a player's availability for the game he should be listed as 'questionable.'".
    I'm sure the policy read the exact same way before, just saying probable instead of questionable, and you never saw a team list their whole roster as probable. I just don't see that happening.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I'm sure the policy read the exact same way before, just saying probable instead of questionable, and you never saw a team list their whole roster as probable. I just don't see that happening.
    Ok, so please remove my extreme example because that's exactly what it was. Listing any injured player as questionable is retarded. Any player who has a 50% chance of playing is listed right alongside any player who has a 99.9999999999999% chance of playing. What sense does that make?

MANY teams have listed people as "probable" all year, Tom Lady was listed as such for a ton of time. So, why not list those same people as questionable now?

And no, they changed the policy, so obviously it didn't read the same way. Previously any player with between a 50-75% chance was questionable, any player between 75-99% was probable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I guess I just don't see the big deal about it. I understand your point of view, I just don't think it will be that bad. I suppose we will see.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information