So apparently there is a slew of movies lined up for possible remakes with a few that have already been done or in the process of finishing production as we speak. Ive basically have selected a few and grouped them into 4 lists of how i feel about said ideas.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/r...y-in-the-works

Movies to me that should be left alone......

Ace Ventura
Big Trouble in Little China
Blade
Bloodsport
The Crow
Death Wish
Escape from New York
Cube
The Grudge
Hellraiser
Highlander
The Howling
Jacobs Ladder
Major League
Pet Semetary
Predator
Pumpkinhead
Roadhouse (Rhonda Rousey)
Scarface
The Seven Samurai
Starship Troopers
Suspiria
The Warriors
Weird Science

Yep, i would prefer it if Hollywood just wouldnt go there. A lot of these are just so damn good the way they are that i just cant understand the thinking behind trying to remake them. If they want to add sequels to them than by all means but straight up remakes is a bad idea in my opinion.

Movies that im just not sure need to even be remade:

The Chronicles of Narnia
Car Wash
The Blach Hole
Alien Nation
Cliffhanger
The Entity
Men in Black
Red Sonja
Toxic Avenger
Van Helsing

Im not really following the logic of why anyone would want to remake these as they are not barn burners of any sort. While Men in Black, Cliffhanger, and Narnia did pretty well im just not understanding the desire to remake them as they dont seem to stand out all that much. Most of the list didnt even do well in theaters.

Movies that have really good potential of being a great remake:

Five Fingers of Death
Flash Gordon
Akira
The Birds
The Blob
Blue Thunder
The Craft
Dont Look Now
Ghost in the Shell
Green Lantern
It
Kickboxer (aleady in the works)
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
The Legend of Conan
The Magnificent Seven
Mortal Kombat
Police Academy
Timecop

I know that Kickboxer, It, and The Magnificent Seven are already in the works but the rest of the list i can see being pretty interesting if done right. Stuff like Mortal Kombat and Flash Gordon are in real desperate need of some quality work given the subject matter.

Movies that have already been rebooted, do we need them again?..

Friday the 13th
A Nightmare on Elm St
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

These movies have all been rebooted within the last 5 or so years, i dont understand the need to hurry up and reboot them again. I have a feeling we will be seeing a reboot of Ghostbusters on this list in a couple of years.