Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cam Newton's sideline celebration costs Panthers TD

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Cam Newton's sideline celebration costs Panthers TD

The ol' "point of emphasis" got Cam Newton on Thursday night.

Late in the first quarter of the first preseason game, Carolina Panthers linebacker A.J. Klein picked off a bobbled catch attempt by Ravens receiver Darren Waller and sprinted 95 yards with a convoy of blockers for a touchdown.

The TD would not stand.

The score was wiped out by a penalty on Cam Newton. Officially it goes down as an "illegal substitution" because Newton ran on the field celebrating prematurely as Klein streaked for the score. Instead of a touchdown, the Panthers got the ball at the 26-yard-line.

"I just got too excited," Newton told reporters after the 22-19 loss, per ESPN. "I was hoping they would give a warning."
    rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ts-panthers-td

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Couldn't let someone else have the spotlight for a second....
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Idiot.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

8. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That's hilarious.

But not as hilarious as this hat:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	9304
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That's hilarious.

Lol @ the pimp suit.

Such a stupid rule. Cam looks foolish, but the anti-celebration rules are just lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Such a stupid rule. Cam looks foolish, but the anti-celebration rules are just lame.
    It wasn't any anti-celebrating rule, it was illegal substitution rule. Its my understanding that he came on to the field of play before the play was over. So the stupidity was all Cam's.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That's hilarious.

This was far more hilarious, IMHO. Winners can wear wings or any other fool thing they like, but Cam remains the posterchild for "act like you've been there before." He's an STD and a dog fight away from being Michael Vick. Not because he's black, not because he's a dual-threat QB and not even because he's a playmaker; Donovan McNabb was all those things and infinitely classier than Vick or Cam, as were Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham.

Cam's problem is that he can't seem to grasp a distinction between dual-threat and douche-threat.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    This was far more hilarious, IMHO. Winners can wear wings or any other fool thing they like, but Cam remains the posterchild for "act like you've been there before." He's an STD and a dog fight away from being Michael Vick. Not because he's black, not because he's a dual-threat QB and not even because he's a playmaker; Donovan McNabb was all those things and infinitely classier than Vick or Cam, as were Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham.

Cam's problem is that he can't seem to grasp a distinction between dual-threat and douche-threat.
    *Winners eat wings.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    It wasn't any anti-celebrating rule, it was illegal substitution rule. Its my understanding that he came on to the field of play before the play was over. So the stupidity was all Cam's.
    It stops players from running into the field to celebrate when it's an obvious TD.

Let the boys celebrate
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It's still needs to be followed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It stops players from running into the field to celebrate when it's an obvious TD.

Let the boys celebrate
    I disagree king, there is no such thing as an obvious touchdown. You could always have a situation like when DeSean Jackson celebrates too early and lays the ball down at the 1,then the other team could pick the ball up and start running it back the other way. Situations like that are why you can't have guys running onto the field during the play, no matter how obvious a touchdown looks.

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I disagree king, there is no such thing as an obvious touchdown. You could always have a situation like when DeSean Jackson celebrates too early and lays the ball down at the 1,then the other team could pick the ball up and start running it back the other way. Situations like that are why you can't have guys running onto the field during the play, no matter how obvious a touchdown looks.
    Your point isn't unfair, but those plays should just be scored a touchdown as well. The game needs more celebrations and fun.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Your point isn't unfair, but those plays should just be scored a touchdown as well. The game needs more celebrations and fun.
    Ok, then what about a Leon lett type play where a guy gets chased down and has the ball knocked out of his hands? There are just too many fluky things that can happen on what look like "sure" touchdowns to let guys be running off the bench onto the field.

I'm ALL FOR guys being able to rub it in and showboat as much as possible, let em strut into the end zone backwards while doing an air jerk-off motion at their opponent. But in the case of guys on the sidelines, I'm fine with making them wait until the play is actually over before they come on the field to celebrate. Like I said, you never know what type of fluky thing could turn what looks like a sure touchdown into a play going the other way.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information