Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2cents on the QB competition.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Default My 2cents on the QB competition.

I heard what Kubiak said today and it was pretty obvious by what he said that Siemian has the advantage. He has a better COMMAND of the offense etc. A few things to take from this whole situation in my opinion.

I think we are all in agreement that Paxton Lynch is the future. When I say future, I mean next year if not later on this year. It should be rather quick I would think.

Having said that, I am pretty sure in order for Siemian to really become the starter, he would really need to stand out. I would think he would need to be so great that there is just no choice whatsoever. The reason for that is the Lynch factor. Sanchez as we all know, and even he knows is a stop gap QB. He is a veteran and it seems to me he understands it.

Here is the question. What if Trevor Siemian is OK? Meaning just like last night. He looked pretty good at times. Then again, he did not guide the team into the end zone. He did not complete the fade routes (I think three of them were thrown.)

I guess what I am getting at is we as fans should be looking forward to a seamless transition into Lynch being the starter. I think we are all hoping for that too. Which is the reason why I am kind of hoping Sanchez gets the starting job. Unless of course Siemian just does something so great that he needs to be put in there.

As a fan I am a bit torn about who I am actually rooting for. Personally, I think Sanchez is the choice. I do think he is fit for this offense. He operated and thrived in it at USC. He has the skill set to operate the stretch zone run since he certainly has the skill to run keeper/bootlegs which is so essential.

I like Siemian. I like his arm. I am not rooting against him. It is just that I do not think he is going to be the second coming of a Joe Montana or Elway.

it is sounding based on what Kubiak said that Siemian is in the lead right now.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Siemian looked like a better QB to me last night. Not that Sanchez was bad, but Trevor clearly has a stronger arm and made better throws, IMO.
    Last edited by slim; 08-12-2016 at 02:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Did Kubes have a press conference today?

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Did Kubes have a press conference today?
    No, I don't think so.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    No, I don't think so.
    You started out saying that you heard what Kubiak said today, so I checked on the Broncos' site, and did not see where he had talked today.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I heard what Kubiak said today and it was pretty obvious by what he said that Siemian has the advantage. He has a better COMMAND of the offense etc. A few things to take from this whole situation in my opinion.

I think we are all in agreement that Paxton Lynch is the future. When I say future, I mean next year if not later on this year. It should be rather quick I would think.

Having said that, I am pretty sure in order for Siemian to really become the starter, he would really need to stand out. I would think he would need to be so great that there is just no choice whatsoever. The reason for that is the Lynch factor. Sanchez as we all know, and even he knows is a stop gap QB. He is a veteran and it seems to me he understands it.

Here is the question. What if Trevor Siemian is OK? Meaning just like last night. He looked pretty good at times. Then again, he did not guide the team into the end zone. He did not complete the fade routes (I think three of them were thrown.)

I guess what I am getting at is we as fans should be looking forward to a seamless transition into Lynch being the starter. I think we are all hoping for that too. Which is the reason why I am kind of hoping Sanchez gets the starting job. Unless of course Siemian just does something so great that he needs to be put in there.

As a fan I am a bit torn about who I am actually rooting for. Personally, I think Sanchez is the choice. I do think he is fit for this offense. He operated and thrived in it at USC. He has the skill set to operate the stretch zone run since he certainly has the skill to run keeper/bootlegs which is so essential.

I like Siemian. I like his arm. I am not rooting against him. It is just that I do not think he is going to be the second coming of a Joe Montana or Elway.

it is sounding based on what Kubiak said that Siemian is in the lead right now.
    I didn't get that out of the press conference. From the start of the offseason Kubiak has said pretty much the same thing. Siemian has the edge knowledge of this offense. but Sanchez has the edge in real game experience. It seems to me that the guy with more actual games usually has the upper hand. That said, I don't either Siemian or Sanchez separated themselves from one another. While Lynch isn't ready to start I don't think he's that far away from Sanchez and Siemian. Not that coaches listen talking heads but Eric Davis from NFLN said last week that he was of the opinion if is really clear separation among the three quarterbacks then Denver should just go with Lynch. Imo, if Lynch was even with other two then he would leap frog the other two.

9. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

You started out saying that you heard what Kubiak said today, so I checked on the Broncos' site, and did not see where he had talked today.
    I'm pretty sure he meant last night post game press conference.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Yeah, I heard him say it today. I do not know if he said it last night or today. It was on ESPN radio.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I didn't get that out of the press conference. From the start of the offseason Kubiak has said pretty much the same thing. Siemian has the edge knowledge of this offense. but Sanchez has the edge in real game experience. It seems to me that the guy with more actual games usually has the upper hand. That said, I don't either Siemian or Sanchez separated themselves from one another. While Lynch isn't ready to start I don't think he's that far away from Sanchez and Siemian. Not that coaches listen talking heads but Eric Davis from NFLN said last week that he was of the opinion if is really clear separation among the three quarterbacks then Denver should just go with Lynch. Imo, if Lynch was even with other two then he would leap frog the other two.
    Now that would make some sense. However, sometimes it is good to keep a player on the side in order to build his hunger if you will. I do like where you are going with this though. The risk you take (which the risk is there anyway) is you may bring him in too soon and then his confidence is shattered if he does not perform. Once confidence is shattered, it is very very difficult to get it back.

Now that would make some sense. However, sometimes it is good to keep a player on the side in order to build his hunger if you will. I do like where you are going with this though. The risk you take (which the risk is there anyway) is you may bring him in too soon and then his confidence is shattered if he does not perform. Once confidence is shattered, it is very very difficult to get it back.
    I've been saying this for a while now. I think we all think Lynch has the talent to be the QB of this team for many years, but I don't really want to see him in there right now. I'd rather he get in all the scout team work that he can and learn the system from the ground up. Throwing him out there too early is too risky for me.

For what it's worth, I still maintain that Sanchez starts opening night, but I hope Siemian gets a chance with the first time next week to see if he can win the job.

14. The Following 6 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Say Kubes selects Siemian as the starter to begin the season, he plays well and we are winning games. It kind of places the team in a bind if Elway is to be believed when he stated Lynch will be ready sooner than we think and he'll get lots of playing time this season. How do they justify pulling Siemian if he's is playing well?

As for the game last night, put me in the Siemian camp. While Sanchez did okay, I just didn't see that command and comfort from him in this offense. It seemed like he was struggling physically, especially on the naked bootlegs.

16. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Say Kubes selects Siemian as the starter to begin the season, he plays well and we are winning games. It kind of places the team in a bind if Elway is to be believed when he stated Lynch will be ready sooner than we think and he'll get lots of playing time this season. How do they justify pulling Siemian if he's is playing well?
    Yes, this is the iceberg I am seeing on the horizon. Unless Siemian is sooooo good, then imo it needs to be Sanchez. The Lynch factor makes it too hard for me to understand what the plan would be.

Dare I say God forbid Siemian wins games and is decent? What then?

It seems like a good problem to have, but these things can be tricky. Does not help with a media constantly pounding questions. I just see a potential for a confusing situation of Siemian wins the starting job. For me, it is not as confusing with Sanchez. Since he along with everyone pretty knows he is a stop gap.

18. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Yes, this is the iceberg I am seeing on the horizon. Unless Siemian is sooooo good, then imo it needs to be Sanchez. The Lynch factor makes it too hard for me to understand what the plan would be.

Dare I say God forbid Siemian wins games and is decent? What then?

It seems like a good problem to have, but these things can be tricky. Does not help with a media constantly pounding questions. I just see a potential for a confusing situation of Siemian wins the starting job. For me, it is not as confusing with Sanchez. Since he along with everyone pretty knows he is a stop gap.
    You go with the best QB and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

Sanchez wasn't bad, but Siemian was more consistent, has a better arm, and protects the ball better.

20. The Following 10 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos next day observations: Sticking with Sanchez may be the correct call

from article:

But if the Broncos believe today Sanchez will be the guy for that game, why halt his momentum? He manned up, I thought, Thursday night against the Bears. He was in a position where he had everything to lose and Siemian had everything to gain.

Yet, Sanchez came through with a terrific opening drive. Against some pressure on at least three passes, he delivered completions, including the last one, a 32-yard touchdown to a ridiculously wide open Demaryius Thomas.

When you convert, in succession, third-and-7, third-and-8 and third-and-9, you’ve done your job as quarterback.

If this next week you drop Sanchez to No. 2, what does that say to him? More importantly, if you play Sanchez behind the Broncos’ second-string offensive line, what would that do to him?

I’m not saying head coach Gary Kubiak should announce Sanchez as the starter Saturday, when training camp reconvenes, or next week when the San Francisco 49ers come in for two scrimmages and a game. To the contrary, I believe 49ers week should count in the competition.

But Sanchez came through when he had to Thursday night. I think the Broncos now need to see how he plays after Kubiak lets him know he is the man.
    full article - http://www.9news.com/sports/broncos-...week/296228383

I think Sanchez played very well, considering this offense is all new to him

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Lynch looked terrific to me when you take in all the factors.

Doesnt play under center.
    Didnt play in a pro offense.
    Didnt run a huddle.
    Didnt have to call sophisticated plays in the huddle.
    A rookie.
    Brand new offense.
    Brand new terminology.
    Pressure of being a first round pick traded up for.
    First time under live fire.
    Not working with the first team.
    Etc. Etc.

Dont tell me he cant play simply because hes a rookie.

Anyone heard of Ben Roethlisberger?
    With a stud defense, the rookie, if he keeps making strides, may end up being the best man for the job. His ability jumps off the tv screen.
    The arm, the mobility, the calm, the touch, the command......did I say arm?

I was very surprised to see him play under center with that amount of ease. I was very encouraged.

No need to rush him. Not saying he needs to start. But please dont tell me that simply because hes a rookie he cant play game 1.

LOTS of rookie nfl QBs start on game one.

Im hyper enthused about Lynch. So far......hes lookin like a mighty good decision.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information