Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow to pursue a career in professional baseball

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    His management team put out a false rumor that an mlb team wanted to draft him last year...

1. Then why didnt they?
    2. The mlb draft is so weak it wouldnt have mattered if they wasted their first pick on him

Pretty weak effort on his management team though.

I just can't believe I could lose any more respect for this goof
    Lol, really?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Sometimes I wonder who is more blinded by their feelings for Tebow. The people who love him, or the people who hate him. Reading this thread it's pretty hard to tell, it's definitely close.

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

The tryout is still ways away, and as it turns out, Tebow might not have to go through with it at all. That’s because he was actually offered an official baseball contract late Tuesday morning, no tryout needed.

It came from the Schaumburg Boomers, an independent Frontier League team based in Schaumburg, Illinois. They offered Tebow a deal Tuesday, sight unseen to play for their squad.

Here are some details, via the Boomers:
    full article - http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/t...l-offer-080916

So far, I have not found anything which states that an mlb team wanted to draft him last year.
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 08-11-2016 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I've decided I'm going to pursue a career in professional baseball. We play games here on Tuesday nights, fast pitch, the team that wins the championship for the season gets paid. That counts, right? I mean, I'm possibly getting paid to play.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Sometimes I wonder who is more blinded by their feelings for Tebow. The people who love him, or the people who hate him. Reading this thread it's pretty hard to tell, it's definitely close.
    Most people whom you'd claissify as "Tebow Haters"...

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    don't have an issue with Tebow..., just Tebois who give him 100% credit for wins that were only possible because our D did such a great job of keeping the game close while Tebow spent 3 1/2 quarters playing terrible football.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Most people whom you'd claissify as "Tebow Haters"...
    Problem with that is, the QB (right or wrong) gets credit for wins, and blame for losses.

Either way, it was one of the more fun seasons in memory. I wish him nothing but the best.

I think most people take their frustration out on Tim, because his followers make them Tebow haters. That's not fair to Tim, who has done nothing but give his all in anything he has been involved in and is a great example of what a person should strive to become.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I pity the coach that doesn't give Tim at least 2 at bats his first game. The Tebow fans are liable to burn the park to the ground.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Problem with that is, the QB (right or wrong) gets credit for wins, and blame for losses.

Either way, it was one of the more fun seasons in memory. I wish him nothing but the best.

I think most people take their frustration out on Tim, because his followers make them Tebow haters. That's not fair to Tim, who has done nothing but give his all in anything he has been involved in and is a great example of what a person should strive to become.
    Only those who don't understand what it takes to win football games. The most important thing for the Broncos is, Elway knows better.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

rofl

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I pity the coach that doesn't give Tim at least 2 at bats his first game. The Tebow fans are liable to burn the park to the ground.
    Its more likely that they'll rent a bill board demanding that he be put in the starting lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

did he?

he was offered other chances to play pro football and he turned them down because it wasn't the position he wanted to play... I don't think that is an example of him giving his all. If every player quit when coaches told them they would be better in another position, you would have a hell of a lot of great players that would not have played in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

16. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

I don't think Tim really thinks he has a chance to make a team. But, he hasn't had anything to put him in the spotlight for a while...so he needed something new.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I don't think Tim really thinks he has a chance to make a team. But, he hasn't had anything to put him in the spotlight for a while...so he needed something new.
    You mean like his tv show or his gig on ESPN? The cynicism toward everything this guy does is amazing.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

You mean like his tv show or his gig on ESPN? The cynicism toward everything this guy does is amazing.
    I agree with you on this response to Rav's response.

THink he's getting the headlines for his TV show or gig on ESPN? Nope..he's not. I didn't say he was unemployed, I said he likes his headlines. The blind-eye to this is what's amazing.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information