Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow to pursue a career in professional baseball

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Look, Independent League teams are notorious for hiring celebrities on short term contracts to try and sell out a few nights. That's what that offer sounds like to me. Now, the Tebow idiots jump up and down celebrating the contract offer without having a clue what it means.

If he's serious about this, he shouldn't be taking a contract like that. I doubt he would sign that, but my point was that if he did, it sounded like another one of those publicity stunts. It sounds like he's going to hold an open workout and if someone is interested they'll pick him up. That's the right way to go about this.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Look, Independent League teams are notorious for hiring celebrities on short term contracts to try and sell out a few nights. That's what that offer sounds like to me. Now, the Tebow idiots jump up and down celebrating the contract offer without having a clue what it means.

If he's serious about this, he shouldn't be taking a contract like that. I doubt he would sign that, but my point was that if he did, it sounded like another one of those publicity stunts. It sounds like he's going to hold an open workout and if someone is interested they'll pick him up. That's the right way to go about this.
    Ok now I see your point more. This I pretty much agree with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

From what i have heard. He was golfing with Sheffield and Tim mentioned that he wanted to Sheffield to check him out and see if he actually had some type of shot.

And Sheffield thought he was kind of joking, until he saw Tim's first swing.

To pass that off as some type of publicity stunt, is kind of ridiculous.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

and furthermore if this whole thing was about publicity. Tim would be posting about it on social media yes?

https://twitter.com/TimTebow?ref_src...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Why is he not taking advantage of the publicity?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    and furthermore if this whole thing was about publicity. Tim would be posting about it on social media yes?

https://twitter.com/TimTebow?ref_src...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Why is he not taking advantage of the publicity?
    That whooshing sound you hear is the point of what I was saying flying over your head.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Not really. Because he is still planning on working out for all teams.

The team gave him an offer, he has not accepted anything yet. And even if he did. A guy like him has to start wherever he has a chance to play any type of ball.

Its a looooong shot. But so was landing on the moon. You think Gary Sheffield's comments mean nothing?

Go tebow go!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Not really. Because he is still planning on working out for all teams.

The team gave him an offer, he has not accepted anything yet. And even if he did. A guy like him has to start wherever he has a chance to play any type of ball.

Its a looooong shot. But so was landing on the moon.

Go tebow go!
    It truly is unbelievable how stupid Tebow makes some people. Read what I wrote.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

well if you are going to get personal about it....forget it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm sorry but if he's willing to ride buses with 19 year olds and go through the grind that is minor league baseball, that's not a publicity stunt. He has a cushy TV job that gives him plenty of publicity. Why would he need to do this?
    How many bubble players on their 4 team get as much pre-season attention as Tebow got with the Eagles? Tebois get excited every time he does something which is why cameras follow him no matter what he does. If we were shown the terms of his contract, I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting paid more than everyone on his team combined. As far as his TV deal, I doubt it’s renewed for a 2nd season.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Jesus Christ Shane, Mo is pretty much agreeing with you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    How many bubble players on their 4 team get as much pre-season attention as Tebow got with the Eagles? Tebois get excited every time he does something which is why cameras follow him no matter what he does. If we were shown the terms of his contract, I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting paid more than everyone on his team combined. As far as his TV deal, I doubt it’s renewed for a 2nd season.
    There is a zero percent chance his contract would be bigger than everyone on the team combined. Now you are just being ridiculous. If he starts in low A ball, he's playing with guys who were just drafted pretty highly, and got signing bonuses over a million dollars. No team is paying him that much.

As for his TV stuff, maybe his show he has doesn't get renewed, but he will have a job as an analyst for as long as he wants one.

So when does espn begin around the clock coverage? Gotta get my dvr ready.

Lolz.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    There is a zero percent chance his contract would be bigger than everyone on the team combined. Now you are just being ridiculous. If he starts in low A ball, he's playing with guys who were just drafted pretty highly, and got signing bonuses over a million dollars. No team is paying him that much.

As for his TV stuff, maybe his show he has doesn't get renewed, but he will have a job as an analyst for as long as he wants one.
    MO, your probably the most qualified to tell us how much these Pioneer players make? I would imagine not much,
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    MO, your probably the most qualified to tell us how much these Pioneer players make? I would imagine not much,
    It's not much, but I don't have a specific number for you. They aren't bound by collective bargaining agreements, salary caps and luxury tax thresholds, though.

I don't think you understand that he's not signing this contract, this team just offered it. He's still reportedly holding a workout.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information