Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow to pursue a career in professional baseball

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Speaking of Tebow, I was listening to an interview from Theo Epstein and he was asked about Tebow and he said the Cubs were one of 2 teams who didn't go to his workout because basically it would have been a waste of their time as there were far better players to scout playing that same day.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Speaking of Tebow, I was listening to an interview from Theo Epstein and he was asked about Tebow and he said the Cubs were one of 2 teams who didn't go to his workout because basically it would have been a waste of their time as there were far better players to scout playing that same day.
    Considering that the Cubs just won the WS, I think it’s going to take more than 1 single A HR by Tebow to get most fans question their player-personnel decisions.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Considering that the Cubs just won the WS, I think it’s going to take more than 1 single A HR by Tebow to get most fans question their player-personnel decisions.
    I'm sure Shane will somehow find a way to discount that by far the best GM in baseball if not sports found it a waste of time to scout Tebow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Before you accuse me of being a Tebow hater for my last comment, I did high 5 this post. I'm happy for him & his fans.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It's hard to get excited about a 29-year-old left fielder who hasn't played baseball in 11 years, and would likely start in Single A. It's just not.

Tonight, it's nice he hit a home run on a kid that won't sniff the majors, but he also struck out three times. If he's going to be a viable candidate to move up in the organization, his strikeout rate is going to have to be 30-35% and he's going to have to hit 20-25 home runs with a batting average above .240 maybe.

Just for a comparison, Brendan Rodgers, the Rockies top prospect played in the South Atlantic League last year with Asheville. He hit .281/.342/.480 with 19 home runs and a 22% strikeout percentage in 442 ABs as a 20-year old. Is that a little unfair to compare Tebow to the Rockies top prospect? Maybe, a little, especially considering the profiles don't really match.

So...Jose Pujols, who played with Lakewood (Phillies) led the South Atlantic with 24 home runs in 498 ABs, hit .241/.306/.440 with a 36% SO rate (179 SOs). That's a lot of strikeouts. He advanced to High-A this year, but is only a fringe candidate to reach the majors. He might in that organization and if he continues to hit with power at higher levels, he will, but it's a long road for a prospect like that and he's 21, not 29.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

So, in spite of all of that, Opposite field shot, pretty cool huh?

9. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    So, in spite of all of that, Opposite field shot, pretty cool huh?
    I watch a lot of baseball.

Not really.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by motorboat View Post
    it's hard to get excited about a 29-year-old left fielder who hasn't played baseball in 11 years, and would likely start in single a. It's just not.

Tonight, it's nice he hit a home run on a kid that won't sniff the majors, but he also struck out three times. If he's going to be a viable candidate to move up in the organization, his strikeout rate is going to have to be 30-35% and he's going to have to hit 20-25 home runs with a batting average above .240 maybe.

Just for a comparison, brendan rodgers, the top prospect played in the south atlantic league last year with asheville. He hit .281/.342/.480 with 19 home runs and a 22% strikeout percentage in 442 abs as a 20-year old. Is that a little unfair to compare tebow to the top prospect? Maybe, a little, especially considering the profiles don't really match.

So...jose pujols, who played with lakewood (phillies) led the south atlantic with 24 home runs in 498 abs, hit .241/.306/.440 with a 36% so rate (179 sos). That's a lot of strikeouts. He advanced to high-a this year, but is only a fringe candidate to reach the majors. He might in that organization and if he continues to hit with power at higher levels, he will, but it's a long road for a prospect like that and he's 21, not 29.
    boom!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So...Jose Pujols, who played with Lakewood (Phillies) led the South Atlantic with 24 home runs in 498 ABs, hit .241/.306/.440 with a 36% SO rate (179 SOs). That's a lot of strikeouts. He advanced to High-A this year, but is only a fringe candidate to reach the majors. He might in that organization and if he continues to hit with power at higher levels, he will, but it's a long road for a prospect like that and he's 21, not 29.
    I just saw a Facebook post about this guy that was so improbable that I had to fact check it myself. Pujols was supposed to been the 666 pick of the 2015 draft. Upon further review: Some Tebois bare false witness on behalf of their hero

http://www.baseball-reference.com/dr...rom_type_unk=1

Not really.
    Please don't be condescending Mo. I understand the game of baseball fairly well. I pitched, played first base, and was a decent contact hitter (didn't have much in the way of power).

I know it takes power to drive the ball to the opposite field bleachers. This is not an endorsement of him as a prospect, or anything like that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I just saw a Facebook post about this guy that was so improbable that I had to fact check it myself. Pujols was supposed to been the 666 pick of the 2015 draft. Upon further review: Some Tebois bare false witness on behalf of their hero

http://www.baseball-reference.com/dr...rom_type_unk=1
    You seem to be mixing up people. The kid who pitched last night for the opposing team was pick 666 in the 22nd round, not the prospect I mentioned.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Please don't be condescending Mo. I understand the game of baseball fairly well. I pitched, played first base, and was a decent contact hitter (didn't have much in the way of power).

I know it takes power to drive the ball to the opposite field bleachers. This is not an endorsement of him as a prospect, or anything like that.
    I wasn't trying to be condescending. I've also never said he didn't have any power.

I believe in Tebow having a minor shot at this! #chasethatdreamyoungman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Not really.

you will never get it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Hey Shane, I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on Theo's comments? FWIW I was on your side that Tebow deserves a shot to prove himself, but I found those comments pretty striking coming from someone of his stature.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information