Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow to pursue a career in professional baseball

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Tebow smash

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Yep, Tebow was Tebow. 1-6 (.167) hitting, but that 1 hit was a HR
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

3. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Yep, Tebow was Tebow. 1-6 (.167) hitting, but that 1 hit was a HR
    After hearing about that on the news, I decided to find an internet link in order to confirm it. The link that I found not only confirmed it, but all confirmed that I'm not as crazy as some people think I am. When this thread 1st started, I blew it off as a PR stunt. I was told flat out that I don't know how minor league baseball works, a charge that I didn't denie. However, I may have a better understanding of how financially lucrative Tebowmania is for those who tap in to it.

Tebow received a $100,000 bonus to sign with the Mets, an arrangement that this fall enables him to keep his commitments as an analyst for the ESPN-owned SEC Network.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...mets/91221144/
    So how many minor league players get paid $100,000 to make baseball their 2nd job
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

After hearing about that on the news, I decided to find an internet link in order to confirm it. The link that I found not only confirmed it, but all confirmed that I'm not as crazy as some people think I am. When this thread 1st started, I blew it off as a PR stunt. I was told flat out that I don't know how minor league baseball works, a charge that I didn't denie. However, I may have a better understanding of how financially lucrative Tebowmania is for those who tap in to it.

So how many minor league players get paid $100,000 to make baseball their 2nd job
    it doesn't matter, he's just following his life long dream of being an NFL Quarter... errrrrrr baseball player!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

6. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The 316th pick in the draft, a 10th rounder, gets a $156,000 signing bonus.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/170470...s-pick-values/

So quite literally hundreds and hundreds of minor leaguers a year get paid that kind of money.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

So quite literally hundreds and hundreds of minor leaguers a year get paid that kind of money.
    if they sign a MLB contract. I don't see a 10th round pick that spends a few years in instructional league getting a $150k signing bonus. I know a couple of people that were drafted in the MLB (before the 10th round) and neither got signing bonuses.
    Last edited by weazel; 09-29-2016 at 09:28 AM.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

so pathetic, the way people act towards him.

Should be embarrassed, but some people just love to hate.

11. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That's not exactly how that works, but whatever.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

That home run is cool. He's certainly got some power. 1-6 hitting isn't going to get it done. Hopefully he improves or I don't think he lasts too long and he certainly won't move any higher without improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    so pathetic, the way people act towards him.

Should be embarrassed, but some people just love to hate.
    sorry shane, lets just post his stats without any commentary. That should stop the hurt.

AVG AB H HR RBI
    .166 6 1 1 1

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

just cant let anything positive be said.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That's not exactly how that works, but whatever.
    Obviously this is a different situation since he wasn't drafted, but the point still stands that 100k isn't necessarily a huge signing bonus for a minor league player.

But more to the point, who cares what his signing bonus is? Should he have asked the Mets for less money so that people wouldn't think it was a publicity stunt? I don't get why that's even a discussion point in all this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    sorry shane, lets just post his stats without any commentary. That should stop the hurt.

AVG AB H HR RBI
    .166 6 1 1 1
    At the end of the day, it's one game. It's kinda stupid to draw any sort of conclusions from his future based off of one game. Whether it be a positive conclusion based on the homer or a negative conclusion based on the 1-6. It's just too early. It's hilarious that people on either side are acting like their stance is "proven" after one game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

At the end of the day, it's one game. It's kinda stupid to draw any sort of conclusions from his future based off of one game. Whether it be a positive conclusion based on the homer or a negative conclusion based on the 1-6. It's just too early. It's hilarious that people on either side are acting like their stance is "proven" after one game.
    There's only one person drawing a conclusion on his play and it's no one who is pointing out he went 1-for-6.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

One more point on the his stats, the stats posted don't tell the whole story. Did he strike out 5 times? Did he make solid contact that was just right to guys? That would be more telling that just looking at him being 1-6. It still wouldn't prove anything, but it would give a better idea of how he played.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information