Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Aqib Talib could be facing 8-game suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Shooting Under The Influence
    CARRYING under the Influence OR Carrying at a Bar, BOTH of which are crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    they have the power to try, certainly. . . personally, i just can't see how a suspension would hold up to an appeal-- not unless SOME type of evidence comes to light, because right now there is zilch. . . brady isn't an accurate comparison-- he actively destroyed evidence and refused to cooperate. . .
    As Wave noted, the new CBA made appeals of DISCIPLINARY rulings essentially worthless, until/unless the SCOTUS says otherwise. Don't hold your breath; even if dealing with such trivial BS weren't far beneath it, most of its important considerations (which the NFL CBA certainly wouldn't be) will conclude in 4-4 tie that sustains the lower court rulings by default, unless/until a president AND Senate majority (supermajority as long as nominations may be filibustered) agree to seat a 9th justice. Even then, Brady's already said he won't appeal his latest judgment, so Talib would have to wage a whole new series of legal battles on his own.

As for the OP, I long ago "resigned" myself to Roby taking Talibs spot, and continually fail to see how that would be a bad thing. The only real question is whether, since both Harris and Roby have proven themselves excellent both outside and in the slot, one of them should resume playing the slot while we assign #2 WRs to Webster, Doss or whoever one considers our 4th best CB.

Either way we don't have a guy >30 at a speed position who regularly misses games due to suspension and injuries caused by the streetfighter mentality that defines him both on and off the field; we certainly won't be paying $12M/yr (what's that, about $1½M/game?)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

If talib lived in deadwood he would be in the clear.

The clear lesson here is to be more like deadwood. Take note.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Joel's dick has been stiff since the article was posted.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    What law did Talib break?
    Drunken Dumbass With Deadly Weapon or DDWDW

Despite a front-loaded schedule, this might be a blessing in disguise as the slightly-built Aqib might be less beaten down when the postseason rolls around.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

7. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

just keep your mouth shut and they can't prove anything

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    Talib is certainly not the brightest bulb in the box, but unless there's a lot more information that hasn't been shared with the public, I feel like any suspension would be based almost entirely on speculation. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    Goodell is more than capable of doing that. However, it seems to me that his m.o. is that if a player is contrite and it isn't serial offender Goodell is usually easier on them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Drunken Dumbass With Deadly Weapon or DDWDW

Despite a front-loaded schedule, this might be a blessing in disguise as the slightly-built Aqib might be less beaten down when the postseason rolls around.
    Talib is 6'1" and 205 lbs I don't think that's considered slight-built for a corner.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 08-09-2016 at 08:29 AM.

11. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Talib sorry

15. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Heed this bit of sage advice, "don't shoot yourself in the ass."

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Heed this bit of sage advice, "don't shoot yourself in the ass."
    I just can't see how that can happen unless you are actually trying to shoot yourself. It seems to me that he was shot (not by his own bad self) then later said he shot himself to avoid perceived troubles that telling the truth may have caused.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    I just can't see how that can happen unless you are actually trying to shoot yourself. It seems to me that he was shot (not by his own bad self) then later said he shot himself to avoid perceived troubles that telling the truth may have caused.
    Aren't there ways of telling if a wound was self-inflicted?
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 08-09-2016 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    No one knows for sure who wasn't there, but the downward angle of the bullet going through his bicep femoris, then his calf, suggests he squeezed a round off whole trying to pull the gun out of the back of his pants.

Did they not take his clothing? From what I know -I am not purporting to be an expert- they usually take the clothing of the victims in a shooting. If he shot himself his pants should have been loaded with gun powder/residue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Talib is 6'1" and 205 lbs I don't think that's considered slight-built for a corner.
    Then maybe the word "fragile" would be more apt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZQU8nrtyL4

Remember, he let 5-9 Wes Welker punk his ass in the playoffs.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information