Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    If you haven’t seen it yet, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse is hands down one of the best comic movies of the year and possibly the best Spidey movie ever:

My son talked about that movie for weeks and weeks so we went to see it while we were in Kauai on vacation. Kauai has two movie theaters on the entire island (5 total screens maybe) and we we're lucky enough that one of them was showing this movie. I have not been that impressed by a "cartoon" since Up. I absolutely loved it.

When I saw the trailer, I'm going to be honest, I thought it was going to be one of those SJW "let's make Spiderman all inclusive" push a political agenda down your throat things, but I was way off. The way they made the different versions of Spiderman fit into the story was really cool. The writing was top notch and the style of the movie was unbelievably cool. It one of the most pleasant surprises I've had at the theater in a long time.

The highlights were the main character(he was just a cool awkward teenage kid who was completely relatable to anyone who is or has been a teenager), spider Man Noir and burned out "regular" Spiderman.

2. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

If Captain Marvel is so badass then why did it take her so long to escape that room?

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    My son talked about that movie for weeks and weeks so we went to see it while we were in Kauai on vacation. Kauai has two movie theaters on the entire island (5 total screens maybe) and we we're lucky enough that one of them was showing this movie. I have not been that impressed by a "cartoon" since Up. I absolutely loved it.

When I saw the trailer, I'm going to be honest, I thought it was going to be one of those SJW "let's make Spiderman all inclusive" push a political agenda down your throat things, but I was way off. The way they made the different versions of Spiderman fit into the story was really cool. The writing was top notch and the style of the movie was unbelievably cool. It one of the most pleasant surprises I've had at the theater in a long time.

The highlights were the main character(he was just a cool awkward teenage kid who was completely relatable to anyone who is or has been a teenager), spider Man Noir and burned out "regular" Spiderman.
    Miles Morales is probably the coolest version of Spiderman right now IMO. I loved him in the comics, sometimes it's good to have a fresh take on an old story even a race swap to a new character, good to switch things up from time to time.

I too really enjoyed this one!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

DC looks to continue to work in some more light hearted and fun movies. Looking forward to this:

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

DC looks to continue to work in some more light hearted and fun movies. Looking forward to this:

Zachari Levi is a national freaking treasure man.

"Get him batman!" The humor seems like it's gonna be spot on with this one. "Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound" jumps through a window 3/4ths of the way up.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by freyaka View Post
    zachari levi is a national freaking treasure man.

"get him batman!" the humor seems like it's gonna be spot on with this one. "able to leap tall buildings in a single bound" jumps through a window 3/4ths of the way up.
    "his name is captain sparkle fingers!"

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Chuck is a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Chuck is a good guy.
    Still pissed at the way they ended that. It was one of the best shows...

13. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Shazam is just a lousy Superman with magic powers and worse plotlines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Still pissed at the way they ended that. It was one of the best shows...
    Yea, the ending was HORRIBLE.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Shazam is the OG Superman, and the ORIGNAL Captain Marvel!

Seriously though it's crazy that both Captain Marvel movies (from DC and Marvel) not only have movies, but have movies opening within a month of each other. Here is an explanation of the whole DC vs Marvel Captain Marvel name controversy: https://www.newsarama.com/43256-capt...e-history.html

Seriously though it's crazy that both Captain Marvel movies (from DC and Marvel) not only have movies, but have movies opening within a month of each other. Here is an explanation of the whole DC vs Marvel Captain Marvel name controversy: https://www.newsarama.com/43256-capt...e-history.html
    He has become a shitty version of the man of steel, and I don't even like the man of steel, Shakester.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

He has become a shitty version of the man of steel, and I don't even like the man of steel, Shakester.
    I have no strong feelings about Shazam v Superman either way. I think the movie looks fun though. The only thing I know about Shazam is that he is one of the few threats to Superman because of Superman's aversion to magic or some crap.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

This is the original Captain Marvel, who was created by Marvel Comics to be a rip-off of DC's Superman, while the new Captain Marvel was originally Ms Marvel.

Here's a link that explains their original origin stories & all of the confusion caused by conflicting claims by both DC & Marvel:

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Captain...-in-the-movies
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

You beat me to the punch
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

21. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information