Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I loved Thanos in the new movie, but if DC keeps it up and eventually uses Darkseid I hope they make him just a force of evil. I don't want any conflict or nuance to his character, some of his appearances in the comics and even animated movies are downright creepy. Like, I might feel a little bad for the MCU Thanos if they kill him, but Darkseid should get you ready to hate him from the moment you see him. Looks like Aquaman is next, then Shazam and Wonder Woman 2 and then they are doing a New Gods movie which COULD be badass and really set the stage for Darkseid. As long as they have Superman finally not hold back at all like they did in the great Justice League Animated version, it could be a fun scene in a live action movie (good stuff starts at 2:40 below).

Last edited by MasterShake; 05-03-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Just a few quick thoughts.

Hulk got beat down quick like. Thanos put him down before Hulk knew what hit him, which was necessary, because the madder Hulk gets the stronger he gets. Thanos also already had the Power stone at that point. I agree that the beatdown is why Hulk wouldn't come back out. Maybe the death of Black Widow(?) brings him out with a vengeance?

Thor's new axe injured a mad titan wearing the infinity gauntlet. It was impressive. But Thanos is pretty much unstoppable while wearing the gauntlet.

Your argument against what Strange did kind of proves the point that there is more to his choice than just saving Stark. Stark will be necessary at the end to stopping Thanos. Strange told Stark they were in the end-game now. Stark will make some kind of sacrifice to stop Thanos.

All the new team members were gone....leaving the original Avengers to face Thanos. I fully expect to see the end of Ironman, Capt America, and probably Black Widow by the end.
    Captain America for sure, sounds like Chris Evans is done with the character and he has had a GREAT arc. As a matter of fact, if all that came out of the Marvel Movies was the three Captain America movies I would be thrilled with just those. They set up Tony and Pepper to have a happily ever after, so I hope Stark just retires and shows up for cameos in the newer movies. I have to imagine since they bought FOX that Fantastic Four and X-Men are going to be a big part of the movies should they continue the universe in the same timeline.

EDIT: I also think they had different plans for the Hulk in this movie. In the trailers you see Hulk, not Banner in Hulkbuster, lining up in Wakanda to fight. There was also a Toy released where Hulk was wearing the Hulkbuster suit like armor because he had transformed inside of it. They must want to build him up for a rage filled return in the next movie which is fine by me.

3. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Just a few quick thoughts.

Hulk got beat down quick like. Thanos put him down before Hulk knew what hit him, which was necessary, because the madder Hulk gets the stronger he gets. Thanos also already had the Power stone at that point. I agree that the beatdown is why Hulk wouldn't come back out. Maybe the death of Black Widow(?) brings him out with a vengeance?

Thor's new axe injured a mad titan wearing the infinity gauntlet. It was impressive. But Thanos is pretty much unstoppable while wearing the gauntlet.

Your argument against what Strange did kind of proves the point that there is more to his choice than just saving Stark. Stark will be necessary at the end to stopping Thanos. Strange told Stark they were in the end-game now. Stark will make some kind of sacrifice to stop Thanos.

All the new team members were gone....leaving the original Avengers to face Thanos. I fully expect to see the end of Ironman, Capt America, and probably Black Widow by the end.
    Yup, Strange's last words were "There was no other way" Seeing as he just used the time stone, this is a clear indication to me anyway that he knew this was the only path forward for Thanos to eventually be defeated.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yup, Strange's last words were "There was no other way" Seeing as he just used the time stone, this is a clear indication to me anyway that he knew this was the only path forward for Thanos to eventually be defeated.
    Yeah I think they telegraphed some stuff. There was no reason to show Strange spazzing out and seeing the future otherwise. And like I said earlier, the characters that turned to dust all have sequels in the pipeline. It's so comic booky I love it!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yeah I think they telegraphed some stuff. There was no reason to show Strange spazzing out and seeing the future otherwise. And like I said earlier, the characters that turned to dust all have sequels in the pipeline. It's so comic booky I love it!
    But are they sequels or will they be prequels to Infinity War?

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    But are they sequels or will they be prequels to Infinity War?
    They will be sequels. No way these characters stay dead period. A. they are all far too popular B. It's a comic book, death is rarely ever permanent even if you see a body C. Stark, Captain America and even possibly Thor will be gone after Avengers 4 because their contracts are up. If they leave these characters dead, they have no characters to make more movies, they've got 20 some planned movies after Avengers 4, so they would either have to introduce a crap ton of new characters to replace all these people, OR the far more likely option, they are coming back.

As far as I know, the only prequel's to Infinity War are Ant Man and the Wasp (takes place before Infinity War, but it contained spoilers to Infinity War so they opted to move it back) and the upcoming Captain Marvel movie (which is set in the 90's)

9. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

I will care about Avengers a lot less if Thor goes.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The Avengers roster developed pretty well over time from the original group. If film can catch that the way the comics did, then the franchise can be just as good.

It think it's coming. Then again, who knows, Hemsworth may want to keep doing the character. I think Captain America is gone, we'll see him replaced by either Sam or Bucky (My money is on Sam, everyone is referring to Bucky as "white wolf" that'll be the direction they go with him.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/...-bucky-marvel/

I doubt RDJ will keep playing Iron Man, but who knows. I think Avengers 4 will see several old heroes sacrificing themselves to give the new generation of heroes their lives back.

13. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Never been a fan of the Cap, so he can go, no issue from me, no tears.

Ironman was good but I won't mind if he leaves.

Thor is my favorite character, so has to stay!

I also like Dr. Strange so would be fine with more with him involved and I would like more Hulk.

I will have to see Captain Marvel to determine anything there.

Couldn't careless about Spidey or Bucky.

I like the Panther.

Vision and the Witch are cool.

Johansson could play a rock and I would still like her in a movie. Possible maybe Banner and Widow retire to the sunset together though.

I was worried about the GoG in Avengers but surprisingly didn't hate them in it.

Not sure if I would like XMen in it, that was a great franchise on it's own and might feel weird to see it mashed into Avengers.

Fantastic 4 however, sucked. They could re-write them into the Avengers and maybe this time make the movies enjoyable.

Adopted Bronco:

Johansson could play a rock and I would still like her in a movie.
    Proof. Even though she never made an appearance in "HER", who else can admit they were turned on by just her voice in that movie?

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Never been a fan of the Cap, so he can go, no issue from me, no tears.

Ironman was good but I won't mind if he leaves.

Thor is my favorite character, so has to stay!

I also like Dr. Strange so would be fine with more with him involved and I would like more Hulk.

I will have to see Captain Marvel to determine anything there.

Couldn't careless about Spidey or Bucky.

I like the Panther.

Vision and the Witch are cool.

Johansson could play a rock and I would still like her in a movie. Possible maybe Banner and Widow retire to the sunset together though.

I was worried about the GoG in Avengers but surprisingly didn't hate them in it.

Not sure if I would like XMen in it, that was a great franchise on it's own and might feel weird to see it mashed into Avengers.

Fantastic 4 however, sucked. They could re-write them into the Avengers and maybe this time make the movies enjoyable.
    If done right, Fantastic 4 would be an amazing addition. If they went the route of the current version of Reed Richards, John Krasinski would be amazing!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I like Thor a lot too but there are some other great characters as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It think it's coming. Then again, who knows, Hemsworth may want to keep doing the character. I think Captain America is gone, we'll see him replaced by either Sam or Bucky (My money is on Sam, everyone is referring to Bucky as "white wolf" that'll be the direction they go with him.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/...-bucky-marvel/

I doubt RDJ will keep playing Iron Man, but who knows. I think Avengers 4 will see several old heroes sacrificing themselves to give the new generation of heroes their lives back.
    I didn't realize White Wolf was actually a character. That's cool as shit if that happens.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Proof. Even though she never made an appearance in "HER", who else can admit they were turned on by just her voice in that movie?
    I was..... lol

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information