Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Read tonight that starting in 2022, DC plans to put out 6 movies a year, four in theaters and two feature length films for HBO Max. They plan to keep with their multiverse theme (used a lot in the CW TV shows) and are planning to use the movies to launch HBO Max spinoff series.

Remains to be seen if they can pull it off or if it's overkill like what Disney did with Star Wars movies.

I think the CW shows were the best comic shows on TV, even better than the Netflix Marvel shows in totality, although a few of the Netflix ones were good on their own.

The wife finally got tired of the CW shows when they started pushing politics/wokeness over plot/storytelling, which is a shame, because they were good.

I'm hoping that the HBO Max spin offs are at least as good as the CW shows.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Read tonight that starting in 2022, DC plans to put out 6 movies a year, four in theaters and two feature length films for HBO Max. They plan to keep with their multiverse theme (used a lot in the CW TV shows) and are planning to use the movies to launch HBO Max spinoff series.

Remains to be seen if they can pull it off or if it's overkill like what Disney did with Star Wars movies.

I think the CW shows were the best comic shows on TV, even better than the Netflix Marvel shows in totality, although a few of the Netflix ones were good on their own.

The wife finally got tired of the CW shows when they started pushing politics/wokeness over plot/storytelling, which is a shame, because they were good.

I'm hoping that the HBO Max spin offs are at least as good as the CW shows.
    I think the magic bullet is not so much over-saturation (there are TONS of options if you don't want to watch Star Wars/Comic Book stuff) but doing long form type stuff on TV like the Mandalorian is doing and saving the experimental/darker/spectacle things or the for the theaters like the most recent Joker movie. I personally am looking forward to the 4 hour cut of Snyders Justice League, but that would never fly in a conventional theater release even if broken up so thats a good one for HBO Max, for example.

This summer and more recently DC did their Fandome events and the direction they are heading in is ideal for spinoffs and different takes. The new Flash movie will open up the multiverse and feature Keaton and Afflecks Batman in the same movie as well as other versions of popular DC characters possibly. This opens up the entire playground for DC to go back to old favorites, or do more one-off movies that have NO IMPACT on any main storylines. This is the way to do it going forward. Marvel already nailed the multi-film story arc, just open up the huge toy chest DC has created for decades and let the characters play with one another or do stories like Red Son where in another Earth in the multiverse Superman landed in Soviet Russia instead of Kansas:

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I think the magic bullet is not so much over-saturation (there are TONS of options if you don't want to watch Star Wars/Comic Book stuff) but doing long form type stuff on TV like the Mandalorian is doing and saving the experimental/darker/spectacle things or the for the theaters like the most recent Joker movie. I personally am looking forward to the 4 hour cut of Snyders Justice League, but that would never fly in a conventional theater release even if broken up so thats a good one for HBO Max, for example.

This summer and more recently DC did their Fandome events and the direction they are heading in is ideal for spinoffs and different takes. The new Flash movie will open up the multiverse and feature Keaton and Afflecks Batman in the same movie as well as other versions of popular DC characters possibly. This opens up the entire playground for DC to go back to old favorites, or do more one-off movies that have NO IMPACT on any main storylines. This is the way to do it going forward. Marvel already nailed the multi-film story arc, just open up the huge toy chest DC has created for decades and let the characters play with one another or do stories like Red Son where in another Earth in the multiverse Superman landed in Soviet Russia instead of Kansas:

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman. Each movie leading to the formation of The Legion of Doom for the Justice League film.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I don't have high expectations for the new generation of marvel flicks. I've heard its going to be the wokiverse.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I don't have high expectations for the new generation of marvel flicks. I've heard its going to be the wokiverse.
    I mean they COULD surprise me (they did a great job with Guardians of the Galaxy, after all) but I think trotting out C and D-list characters is just going to be too much to sustain. I still contend now that Disney owns FOX and now the Fantastic 4 and X-Men and everything now is the time to just wait a few years and reboot with ALL the characters in like 2022 or something. I want to see the Baxter Building in the same City as Avengers tower and the same state as Professor Xaviers school. Then they could do a proper Galactus ramp up or something like Secret Wars. I'm just not all that interested in Marvel without Captain America and Iron Man right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Ill be fine with Marvel so as long as Loki, Wandavision, and Falcon and the Snow Man.....err Winter Soldier pan out. If those series end up being like Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, etc where they dont have near the same quality of writing as the movies or stuff like Daredevil and Punisher than ill probably call it a day. But so far they have yet to really let me down like DC has.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Ill be fine with Marvel so as long as Loki, Wandavision, and Falcon and the Snow Man.....err Winter Soldier pan out. If those series end up being like Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, etc where they dont have near the same quality of writing as the movies or stuff like Daredevil and Punisher than ill probably call it a day. But so far they have yet to really let me down like DC has.
    The TV shows they have coming out look great!

9. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Wife and I watched the first 2 episodes of "Wandavision" yesterday and loved it so far.

Wife and I watched the first 2 episodes of "Wandavision" yesterday and loved it so far.
    We'll watch it this weekend (forgot about it last night until too late). The teasers had looked pretty weird with the 50's theme and such (not sure if that's the whole thing or just like some Vision created happy place).

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    We'll watch it this weekend (forgot about it last night until too late). The teasers had looked pretty weird with the 50's theme and such (not sure if that's the whole thing or just like some Vision created happy place).
    Nah, there are some things that happen during the episodes and at the end of the first one that shows there is something amiss with it all.

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

New look at Leto's Joker in the Snyder Cut of Justice League. Love the look without the stupid tattoos.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

From the article:

Gone are the face tattoos and slicked-back emerald undercut hairstyle of that movie, replaced by a visage that looks like a creature who crawled out of the basement of a long-abandoned insane asylum. Maybe he did.

Leto is wearing a hospital gown and surgical mask in the photos Snyder released exclusively to Vanity Fair, which the director says is probably a remnant of his escape into the wild when the world fell. In some of his Justice League scenes, Leto’s Joker also sports a bulletproof vest festooned with grimy law enforcement badges. “He has tons of badges,” Snyder said. “Those are his trophies.”

(Spoiler warning) Joker appears in the new film during a sequence set on a ruined Earth after the alien tyrant Darkseid invades and decimates the planet. It’s a dream sequence, a psychic vision, experienced by Ben Affleck’s Bruce Wayne that reveals what will happen if the superheroes fail to stop the onslaught. Joker is sort of the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come, supplying motivation through terror.

“The cool thing about the scene is that it’s Joker talking directly to Batman about Batman,” Snyder said. “It’s Joker analyzing Batman about who he is and what he is. That’s the thing I also felt like fans deserved from the DC Universe. That is to say, the Jared Leto Joker and the Ben Affleck Batman, they never really got together. It seemed uncool to me that we would make it all the way through this incarnation of Batman and Joker without seeing them come together.”
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ue-zack-snyder

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Black Suit Superman!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Yeah, go root on your dumb nuclear lizard in his movie! I hope the big monkey wins!

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information