Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Hey Shake, got a question for you for fun (I will be doing this as well).

I like the trilogy from Batman created by Nolan and like a lot of the actors and characters portrayed in them. But if you could go back and utilize that trilogy while mixing up what DC has done with SvB, SS, Justice League, WW, etc and incorporate it with the Nolan stuff what would you change? What actors/actresses would you use? Would you keep the storylines the same? Change them? As i said im currently brainstorming who i would of liked to see portray some of characters in the DC stuff that i would of felt brought more to the stories (as long as the stories themselves were better). Unlike Marvel, i think DC missed that opportunity when Nolan first came out with Batman Begins but i think it would be a fun project to revisit on how you would have done the DC stuff using Nolan's work with it. You dont have to do this but i am generally curious what you would come up with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Hey Shake, got a question for you for fun (I will be doing this as well).

I like the trilogy from Batman created by Nolan and like a lot of the actors and characters portrayed in them. But if you could go back and utilize that trilogy while mixing up what DC has done with SvB, SS, Justice League, WW, etc and incorporate it with the Nolan stuff what would you change? What actors/actresses would you use? Would you keep the storylines the same? Change them? As i said im currently brainstorming who i would of liked to see portray some of characters in the DC stuff that i would of felt brought more to the stories (as long as the stories themselves were better). Unlike Marvel, i think DC missed that opportunity when Nolan first came out with Batman Begins but i think it would be a fun project to revisit on how you would have done the DC stuff using Nolan's work with it. You dont have to do this but i am generally curious what you would come up with.
    I think I get what you are saying. So if The Nolan Trilogy kicked off the DC Cinematic Universe?

Well considering the Dark Knight Rises had Batman retire and hinted at Joseph Gordon Levitt taking over, I would start there.

First I would have JGL take over, but not as Batman but more of the Nightwing Character (skipping over the Robin stuff). You could do a movie with him to establish that and then go right into Man of Steel in it's current form because I dug that movie. The events of Man of Steel lead Batman back into service with Nightwing helping him out.

Now from there instead of Batman being pissed right away and wanting to fight Superman, the next movie is called World's Finest (like the comics!) and is simply Batman and Superman figuring each other out because of a new threat emerging. It could still be Steppenwolf or one of the Old Gods who have been awoken by Superman's arrival, whatever. They need to build towards Darkseid properly, though.

Next they could do another Suicide Squad movie but with a better story. Instead of them fighting a god level being, have the Squad go to South America to fight a drug kingpin who is pushing a new drug called Venom. SURPRISE! It's Bane! But not the small Bane from the last Dark Knight Rises movie, he's pissed and full of Venom and jacked like he is in the comics. The Joker could still be Leto without the Tattoos, and he is hunting the Suicide Squad to get Harley back while they are going after Bane.

Then Wonder Woman could basically be the same movie to get her back involved and Gal Gadot is perfect for the role. Then you could do some combo movies to get the b-listers going. A Flash/Cyborg movie (same actors from Justice League), Aquaman solo flick, and then a Green Lantern movie with Tom Cruise because why not? Then you have more villains established, more hero backstory, and the stage is set for Justice League Part 1.

So here is how it would look:

1. Batman Begins
    2. The Dark Knight
    3. The Dark Knight Rises
    4. Nightwing
    5. Man of Steel
    6. World's Finest
    7. Suicide Squad with REAL Bane
    8. Wonder Woman
    9. Flash/Cyborg
    10. Aquaman
    11. Green Lantern
    12. Justice League Part 1
    13. Man of Steel 2 with Braniac
    14. Legion of Doom Movie of some sort
    15. Justice League Part 2

To be honest though the Nolan trilogy is a good stand alone series of movies and their real world aesthetic doesn't lend itself well to the rest of it. It could've worked maybe. That is how I would do it.

3. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Nolan series made people think DC was going to rule forever.

As soon as Nolan and Bale stepped out it was over for DC

5. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Nolan series made people think DC was going to rule forever.

As soon as Nolan and Bale stepped out it was over for DC
    DC reigned from the late 70's to the mid-2000's which is not too bad. Marvel has ruled the last decade easily though and it's not really close. I still haven't seen much that matches the cultural touch points of the Original Superman Movie or the 1989 Batman flick. Movies just don't have the same impact that they used to, even the bigger Marvel ones. Batman was EVERYWHERE in '89. We may never see something like that again!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I think I get what you are saying. So if The Nolan Trilogy kicked off the DC Cinematic Universe?

Well considering the Dark Knight Rises had Batman retire and hinted at Joseph Gordon Levitt taking over, I would start there.

First I would have JGL take over, but not as Batman but more of the Nightwing Character (skipping over the Robin stuff). You could do a movie with him to establish that and then go right into Man of Steel in it's current form because I dug that movie. The events of Man of Steel lead Batman back into service with Nightwing helping him out.

Now from there instead of Batman being pissed right away and wanting to fight Superman, the next movie is called World's Finest (like the comics!) and is simply Batman and Superman figuring each other out because of a new threat emerging. It could still be Steppenwolf or one of the Old Gods who have been awoken by Superman's arrival, whatever. They need to build towards Darkseid properly, though.

Next they could do another Suicide Squad movie but with a better story. Instead of them fighting a god level being, have the Squad go to South America to fight a drug kingpin who is pushing a new drug called Venom. SURPRISE! It's Bane! But not the small Bane from the last Dark Knight Rises movie, he's pissed and full of Venom and jacked like he is in the comics. The Joker could still be Leto without the Tattoos, and he is hunting the Suicide Squad to get Harley back while they are going after Bane.

Then Wonder Woman could basically be the same movie to get her back involved and Gal Gadot is perfect for the role. Then you could do some combo movies to get the b-listers going. A Flash/Cyborg movie (same actors from Justice League), Aquaman solo flick, and then a Green Lantern movie with Tom Cruise because why not? Then you have more villains established, more hero backstory, and the stage is set for Justice League Part 1.

So here is how it would look:

1. Batman Begins
    2. The Dark Knight
    3. The Dark Knight Rises
    4. Nightwing
    5. Man of Steel
    6. World's Finest
    7. Suicide Squad with REAL Bane
    8. Wonder Woman
    9. Flash/Cyborg
    10. Aquaman
    11. Green Lantern
    12. Justice League Part 1
    13. Man of Steel 2 with Braniac
    14. Legion of Doom Movie of some sort
    15. Justice League Part 2

To be honest though the Nolan trilogy is a good stand alone series of movies and their real world aesthetic doesn't lend itself well to the rest of it. It could've worked maybe. That is how I would do it.
    Thanks for your input, very good take.

While i agree immensely that Nolan's trilogy is great as a stand alone it would of been cool if they could have done a similar thing to Marvel and integrated all of the DC stuff with it. As far as the Batman series i wouldnt change any of those movies or characters portrayed in them. I think even with Hardy's version of Bane was very well done although i readily admit i dont know a lot about he character outside of Hardy or the silly caricature portrayed in the Clooney shitshow version of Batman and Robin.

The biggest weakness for DC right with me is Superman, while i think Cavill has the desired look of Superman his acting chops are incredibly bad in it. Same with Eisenberg's version of Lex Luthor. Im ok with Mamoa (i think thats how you spell it) as Aqua Man and obviously fine with Gadot as WW. But with Superman i would have almost liked to see Elba play him (as a side note i would really like to see Elba play Bond as well) and for Lex i think Nicholas Hoult (X-men, Mad Max: Fury Road) would have been a solid choice. Its not hard for me to believe had Bale been Batman and changes to the other characters as suggested that the movies featuring Superman, Lex, etc would have been greatly improved.

As for Suicide Squad, obviously had Heath still been around that would of been insanely crazy (in a good way) as i dont really have an issue with the rest of the characters in SS but the script was pretty bad and didnt quite live up to expectations. While i enjoyed Cara in Valerian i didnt really connect with her as Enchantress at all. And i dont really like the guy who portrayed the soldier/love interest in SS either. Davis was great though so i wouldnt change her role.

I recently had watched Justice League and while i wasnt overly impressed (again, just cant really connect with Affleck or Cavill) but did find a little redemption with Miller (Perks of Being a Wallflower) as The Flash. The only problem with Miller's character is it just reminded me too much of Evan Peters version of Quicksilver who i actually liked a lot more than Marvels version of the same character.

You have a lot more knowledge of the DC universe than i do so all of those movies or possible movies are something im not overly familiar with. But, Nightwing sounds really interesting and sounds like something i would dig. Obviously, none of this happened but man do i kind of wish it had because the Nolan trilogy was just so damn good from top to bottom for me. Just so many missed opportunities for DC right now and it sucks because the characters are beloved among the fanbase.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Thanks for your input, very good take.

While i agree immensely that Nolan's trilogy is great as a stand alone it would of been cool if they could have done a similar thing to Marvel and integrated all of the DC stuff with it. As far as the Batman series i wouldnt change any of those movies or characters portrayed in them. I think even with Hardy's version of Bane was very well done although i readily admit i dont know a lot about he character outside of Hardy or the silly caricature portrayed in the Clooney shitshow version of Batman and Robin.

The biggest weakness for DC right with me is Superman, while i think Cavill has the desired look of Superman his acting chops are incredibly bad in it. Same with Eisenberg's version of Lex Luthor. Im ok with Mamoa (i think thats how you spell it) as Aqua Man and obviously fine with Gadot as WW. But with Superman i would have almost liked to see Elba play him (as a side note i would really like to see Elba play Bond as well) and for Lex i think Nicholas Hoult (X-men, Mad Max: Fury Road) would have been a solid choice. Its not hard for me to believe had Bale been Batman and changes to the other characters as suggested that the movies featuring Superman, Lex, etc would have been greatly improved.

As for Suicide Squad, obviously had Heath still been around that would of been insanely crazy (in a good way) as i dont really have an issue with the rest of the characters in SS but the script was pretty bad and didnt quite live up to expectations. While i enjoyed Cara in Valerian i didnt really connect with her as Enchantress at all. And i dont really like the guy who portrayed the soldier/love interest in SS either. Davis was great though so i wouldnt change her role.

I recently had watched Justice League and while i wasnt overly impressed (again, just cant really connect with Affleck or Cavill) but did find a little redemption with Miller (Perks of Being a Wallflower) as The Flash. The only problem with Miller's character is it just reminded me too much of Evan Peters version of Quicksilver who i actually liked a lot more than Marvels version of the same character.

You have a lot more knowledge of the DC universe than i do so all of those movies or possible movies are something im not overly familiar with. But, Nightwing sounds really interesting and sounds like something i would dig. Obviously, none of this happened but man do i kind of wish it had because the Nolan trilogy was just so damn good from top to bottom for me. Just so many missed opportunities for DC right now and it sucks because the characters are beloved among the fanbase.
    Snyder was just too controversial of a director. I think going forward they will make movies more like Wonder Woman and be just fine. I’d love to see Cavill in a proper Superman flick.

10. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Been out for a while but this new DC Elseworlds movie stuff is a great idea if they can really go dark. Joaquin Phoenix as Joker in the new solo movie:

Instead of trying to copy Marvel with a shared cinematic universe, I think the DCEU going forward can be the more family friendly stuff with a cohesive story and character roster and Elseworlds could give us one-off darker stories for more mature audiences. I guess we will see how that movie does first, but it's a cool concept.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Great news!

James Gunn has been hired by Warner Bros and DC to write with an eye to direct the next installment of the Suicide Squad franchise. It’s the first job he’s taken since he parted ways with Disney, which let him go from the lucrative Guardians of the Galaxy franchise in July in the wake of old controversial tweets that had been compiled by alt-right journalists and sent to Disney.
    https://deadline.com/2018/10/james-g...ct-1202479455/

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post

Bautista as BANE! DO IT!

15. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Stan Lee has passed. RIP man, you created some incredible stuff.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-legend-721450

The feisty writer, editor and publisher was responsible for such iconic characters as Spider-Man, X-Men, Thor, Iron Man, Black Panther and The Fantastic Four — 'nuff said.

Stan Lee, the legendary writer, editor and publisher of Marvel Comics whose fantabulous but flawed creations made him a real-life superhero to comic-book lovers everywhere, has died. He was 95.

Lee, who began in the business in 1939 and created or co-created Black Panther, Spider-Man, X-Men, The Mighty Thor, Iron Man, The Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk, Daredevil, Ant-Man and other characters, died early Monday morning at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, a source told The Hollywood Reporter.

Lee's final few years were tumultuous. After Joan, his wife of 69 years, died in July 2017, he sued executives at POW! Entertainment — a company he founded in 2001 to develop film, TV and video game properties — for $1 billion for fraud, then abruptly dropped the suit weeks later.

He also sued his ex-business manager and filed for a restraining order against a man who had been handling his affairs. (Lee's estate was estimated to be worth as much as $70 million.) And in June 2018, it was revealed that the Los Angeles Police Department had been investigating reports of elder abuse against him.

On his own and through his work with frequent artist-writer collaborators Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko and others, Lee catapulted Marvel from a tiny venture into the world's No. 1 publisher of comic books and later a multimedia giant.

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

What a ride though. Live to be 95 and create a stable of pop-culture phenomenons. RIP and Excelsior!

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

My son and his girlfriend are devastated.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Wouldn't be quicker to list the Marvel charters that he didn't create/co-create? I remember watching the Saturday morning cartoon version of the Incredible Hulk, Amazing Spider-Man & a couple others that I don't recall off the top of my head. That was back when cartoons were just for fun & had no adult issues &/or underlying agendas.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Which one was the SuperFriends that play in the 70s/ early 80s.....DC or Marvel? All these years.....I'm still not up to speed on who is who.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Which one was the SuperFriends that play in the 70s/ early 80s.....DC or Marvel? All these years.....I'm still not up to speed on who is who.
    DC, whose Saturday morning cartoons were all produced Hanna-Barbra.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information