Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Im intrigued to say the least. A part of me wonders if this is supposed to take place after Endgame though with the comment by Kathryn Hahn's character in the car. Maybe the whole setup is just some world that Wanda has created for herself because of her dealing with the loss of Vision.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Im intrigued to say the least. A part of me wonders if this is supposed to take place after Endgame though with the comment by Kathryn Hahn's character in the car. Maybe the whole setup is just some world that Wanda has created for herself because of her dealing with the loss of Vision.
    Yeah that is my guess too. Wanda is pretty powerful in the comics, so maybe she is searching the multiverse (you know, the other realities that Thanos absolutely wrecked?!) for Vision to piece him back together since his Infinity Stone essence atoms were smashed in Endgame. My best guess anyway, based on comic logic. I love that DC and Marvel are starting to play in their multiverses. Such a good way to continue the story after certain timelines ends.

4. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yeah that is my guess too. Wanda is pretty powerful in the comics, so maybe she is searching the multiverse (you know, the other realities that Thanos absolutely wrecked?!) for Vision to piece him back together since his Infinity Stone essence atoms were smashed in Endgame. My best guess anyway, based on comic logic. I love that DC and Marvel are starting to play in their multiverses. Such a good way to continue the story after certain timelines ends.
    So since you are a comic nerd i was watching the trailer for Black Widow the other day. The guy who plays Natasha's father uses a shield even though i know he is not Capt America. I forget what they call him but was he modeled after CA or vice versa? Or is it just coincidence?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    So since you are a comic nerd i was watching the trailer for Black Widow the other day. The guy who plays Natasha's father uses a shield even though i know he is not Capt America. I forget what they call him but was he modeled after CA or vice versa? Or is it just coincidence?
    I only know of him as a Silver Age (1950's- early 60's era) hero that was the Russian equivalent of Captain America and fought with him in WW2 when they were allies. His name was Red Guardian. Not sure how they use him in the current political climate. I do know Marvel has like 5 iterations of the character, including one that was a villain, but I'm not sure how he is Black Widow's dad or whatever. In the Silver Age comic he was her husband.

The thing I liked about the character was that he wasn't even a Super Hero, just a really strong Russian dude. Captain America was never my comic of choice (it was always Lobo, Batman, Spider-man, or X-Men) so I have no idea what the current iteration is.

I only know of him as a Silver Age (1950's- early 60's era) hero that was the Russian equivalent of Captain America and fought with him in WW2 when they were allies. His name was Red Guardian. Not sure how they use him in the current political climate. I do know Marvel has like 5 iterations of the character, including one that was a villain, but I'm not sure how he is Black Widow's dad or whatever. In the Silver Age comic he was her husband.

The thing I liked about the character was that he wasn't even a Super Hero, just a really strong Russian dude. Captain America was never my comic of choice (it was always Lobo, Batman, Spider-man, or X-Men) so I have no idea what the current iteration is.
    Lobo?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Lobo?
    Yeah, he was DC's answer to Wolverine back in the 80's and 90's and was a very adult themed comic. There was one story arc where he got killed, went to heaven, got banished to hell almost immediately, then proved to be too much so they kicked him out. It was wonderfully ridiculous and I hope he gets his own movie someday.

His backstory is hilarious for teen MasterShake:

Lobo was responsible for killing every other member of his race. He wiped out all life on his entire home planet, Czarnia, later claiming it was his "high school science project" (he gave himself a 'top grade'). Lobo was actually trying to destroy his school for holding him back for four years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Wonder Woman 1984 going to HBO Max and theaters internationally December 25: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...heaters-dec-25

Would’ve loved to see this in the theater but I’ll take it. HBO Max is one of my favorite streaming services right now so it’ll be nice not to have to rent it for $20 or whatever. I don’t think theaters are going to be the same after all this. Hopefully by the time “The Batman” comes out I’ll be sipping a beer at The Alamo.

10. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I want to see Dune in a theater.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to see Dune in a theater.
    Love the director of that movie. I just finished re-reading Dune I think he can capture it well like he did with Blade Runner 2049.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Love the director of that movie. I just finished re-reading Dune I think he can capture it well like he did with Blade Runner 2049.
    Do you know if they wrapped up filming prior to Covid?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Do you know if they wrapped up filming prior to Covid?
    Yeah I remember reading they wrapped filming in 2019 wnd did some IMAX stuff shortly after. The film should’ve been out this past July and then it was moved to November/December of this year and finally just delayed to October 2021. We can do a BroncoForums screening at the theater by then!

16. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Yeah I remember reading they wrapped filming in 2019 wnd did some IMAX stuff shortly after. The film should’ve been out this past July and then it was moved to November/December of this year and finally just delayed to October 2021. We can do a BroncoForums screening at the theater by then!
    This has to happen.

18. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So, I love Binge Mode, and they’re doing Marvel. Y’all know I don’t particularly like these superhero movies, but I’m trying.

Anyway, Winter Soldier might be the best movie so far. I do particularly like the first two Iron Men and Captain America, but Winter Soldier is a damn fine movie.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So, I love Binge Mode, and they’re doing Marvel. Y’all know I don’t particularly like these superhero movies, but I’m trying.

Anyway, Winter Soldier might be the best movie so far. I do particularly like the first two Iron Men and Captain America, but Winter Soldier is a damn fine movie.
    The key here is, once again, I only gotta keep track of three superheroes (Captain America, Black Widow and Falcon (?)), so there’s time for some awesome character development, Capt sees Bucky again and must face his past to save the future. And Robert Redford and Samuel L. just ******* own it because they are badasses.

Also, moar Kate. Kthxby
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

I thought overall the Marvel series leading to Infinity War/Endgame was masterful but there are some movies you could absolutely skip. The rare exception is the Captain America movies, all those were fantastic. Winter Soldier is a top movie for me regardless of genre.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information