Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Unless you are this guy, ******* bed wetters. bwhahahahahahahaha

What the hell is that video about? Basically that guy liked the movie and was trying to understand the negative reviews? Its called subjectivity! Who gives a shit. YouTubers are strange folk.

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I follow this guy's youtube channel and on FB. Totally expected him to praise the Snyder Cut but im glad he was being honest because i really have no interest in watching this trash. Snyder hasnt done anything good in my opinion since Watchmen although i think Army of the Dead could be interesting.

Justice League Snyder Cut Bullet Point Review:

Likes: Cyborgs Story was this movies Saving Grace for me. He was the highlight and heart of this movie.
    Wonder Woman: Second Favorite Part of this Movie, She was the muscle.
    SteppenWolf: He felt like a more important villain, and at least we understood his motive and purpose. More intimidating, still looked like a Gremlin on Steroids wearing the Destroyer Armor.
    Action Sequences: When they arrived, they were satisfying. WHEN! they arrived.

Ok, the bad:
    Did not need to be 4 hours, the opening portion of Superman, the scream heard around the world, had me laughing. I mean we find out later that his death is what wakes the motherboxes, so if you are going to tell us later, why waste nearly ten minutes of the opening showing us its happening.

Flash: He just sucks, he just ******* sucks to all hell, and that scene where he saves Iris, is laughable and cringy at the same time, this is why you don't have 4 hour movies. Cut that shit. LOL

Music: Don't get me started, what a major dissapointment. The music sucked to high hell. The Wonder Woman theme is ******* Lit. Why ruin it with the shit they added. And don't get me started on the woman who broke into acapella creaming their pants when Aquaman swam into the ocean. Are you ******* kidding me?

Martha and Lois: Who?
    Martian ManHunter: Forced, though it was cool to see who he was all this time.
    Superman: **** DC, WB, and Snyder for literally wasting this character after what was a great man of steel movie, and yes I know that is a snyder movie. They shitted on Superman in this zackverse and wasted Cavill. In a 4 hour movie where he is their ultimate goal, he feels like an after thought. Think about how bad a writter and director you have to be, to take what you are considering in the plot the most important hero, and he barely feels like he was ever there or even made much of a difference. Poor Supes

Batman: Love Afflecks Batman, hate WB for sucking him dry.
    DarkSeid: More Thanos Please. This guy maybe more powerful than Thanos in terms of the comics, but you will never know that watching the movies. He is no different than any other power hungry villain, no context, no set up or build up. Just there to look means.

End Credits:
    Martian ManHunter: How shitty of a hero do you have to be portrayed, when the director puts you in a position where you are inviting yourself to the party and not being sought out by other heroes. I saw this seen and the song "Put me in coach" went off in my head.
    Marvel: End Credits,
    Snyder: Hold my beer - A ******* 20 minute end credit sequence. ROFL!!!
    Aquaman- I liked his movie, he was an after thought here and i just didn't care.
    Luther - ROFL!!
    DeathStroke - ROFL!!!
    The future with Batman, Cyborg, Mira, DeathStroke, Flash - I was actually looking forward to this and it was a let down.
    and Finally, the joker, something people have been praising, and I got to say, the pandemic really has some people starved for entertainment. He not only sucked, but he proves that maybe WB and some higher ups knew what they were doing.

Overall: DC, LOL
    Give me a Cyborg Movie and I mean it.
    PSA: If DC has me asking for a Cyborg Movie, they are doing something Wrong.

Zack Snyder - Love some of his movies, but this is by far and I am convinced the most over rated director in recent cinematic history. Better than M. Night cant hold anyone elses jock strap.

Final Score: DC/10, LOL
    Serious Final Score - 6/10

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I follow this guy's youtube channel and on FB. Totally expected him to praise the Snyder Cut but im glad he was being honest because i really have no interest in watching this trash. Snyder hasnt done anything good in my opinion since Watchmen although i think Army of the Dead could be interesting.
    That is the best thing to do is to find critics that share your tastes and go with that. I have a friend that watched it last night and thought he would hate it but ended up enjoying it, though in his words "won't sit through it again any time soon". I am going to check it out tonight, but I am pretty sure I will enjoy it because I liked the extended cut of Batman v Superman and ANYTHING will be better than 2017 Justice League!

I think there will even be some that watch it out of curiosity. I can't think of many instances where a studio caved into enough pressure to go ahead and let a director flesh out his vision like this and for the most part the feedback has been pretty positive. I just like the fact that maybe these damn movie execs will realize that tampering too much with a creative vision can be detrimental. I can think of quite a few directors cuts that turned meh movies into good or great ones! If anything, this will be an interesting footnote in movie history. I am going to check out the documentary on this as well though I am sure they are leaving out the good salacious stuff!

I am enjoying reading through this Reddit/r/movies comment section. They tend not to be fanboys/girls and the feedback is good! Seems like the consensus is that the movie is good, some parts drag on a bit, and a little addition by subtraction is in order. Seems the 4 hour cut is good, but a 3 to 3 1/2 hour cut would be ideal: https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...ustice_league/

Also some people blasting it in there so North would like it lol
    Last edited by MasterShake; 03-19-2021 at 12:34 PM.

5. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I like it. There were a few parts that were not as good that I don't think would have made it to the theater cut but it was really good, I think if this version had hit theaters there would have been a sequel.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I like it. There were a few parts that were not as good that I don't think would have made it to the theater cut but it was really good, I think if this version had hit theaters there would have been a sequel.
    Just started Chapter 4. Love it so far. Steppenwolf is brutal so far and the backstories to the characters is great!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Just finished it up. Really enjoyed it, and if this the end of the Snyderverse it’s a fitting one. I think it really helped to divide it into chapters and I took a break halfway through but couldn’t wait to finish. An improvement in every way over the theatrical cut but I’m not sure it could’ve worked short of making it 2 movies back then so I’m not gonna shit on Whedon. It really is incredible how these are basically two different movies.

The ending was Metal as hell. Sending Steppwnwolf’s decapitated body back through the Boom Tube only to have Darkseid crush it made me and my son crack up. One of my favorite movie experiences of this crappy pandemic and I will gladly add this to my movie collection once it hits Bluray.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

After watching it i still dont get what everyone is so excited about. I still think one of my biggest problems is some of the actors are very bland in this particular series aside from Gal Gadot and Jason Mamoa. Going in i thought that Ezra would be fun as The Flash but he really doesnt make the grade for me like i thought he would. Despite knowing that Afflac is playing an older Batman he still has virtually no personality even as Bruce Wayne. Cavill has the look but again very bland as Supes and im not that familiar with the guy that plays Cyborg but he seems quite boring but his character is still very interesting. Steppenwolf is a cool character however his look reminds me a lot of the guardian giant from Thor in terms of looks. The other thing is and this goes back to what you mentioned Shake about Snyder having the ability to put together a 4 hour movie instead of a 2 to 2 1/2 hour film. Would Snyder still have been successful or praised if he was putting this together for cinematic release? Maybe as some people have mentioned that even this version could have been cut down but i think its safe to say that if you took any movie and added 2 hours to it most movies would have the luxury of adding in stuff that they normally would have to cut out when releasing it in theaters.

Is this better than Whedons version? Yea but thats not really saying a lot to me because half of the problem is the actors involved for me. At best instead of being a 3/10 from Joss this is more like a 5 or 6 out of 10 personally.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

After watching it i still dont get what everyone is so excited about. I still think one of my biggest problems is some of the actors are very bland in this particular series aside from Gal Gadot and Jason Mamoa. Going in i thought that Ezra would be fun as The Flash but he really doesnt make the grade for me like i thought he would. Despite knowing that Afflac is playing an older Batman he still has virtually no personality even as Bruce Wayne. Cavill has the look but again very bland as Supes and im not that familiar with the guy that plays Cyborg but he seems quite boring but his character is still very interesting. Steppenwolf is a cool character however his look reminds me a lot of the guardian giant from Thor in terms of looks. The other thing is and this goes back to what you mentioned Shake about Snyder having the ability to put together a 4 hour movie instead of a 2 to 2 1/2 hour film. Would Snyder still have been successful or praised if he was putting this together for cinematic release? Maybe as some people have mentioned that even this version could have been cut down but i think its safe to say that if you took any movie and added 2 hours to it most movies would have the luxury of adding in stuff that they normally would have to cut out when releasing it in theaters.

Is this better than Whedons version? Yea but thats not really saying a lot to me because half of the problem is the actors involved for me. At best instead of being a 3/10 from Joss this is more like a 5 or 6 out of 10 personally.
    I think what excited fans (and I mean those who were going along with Man of Steel and Batman v Superman) is that the circumstances that led to the theatrical cut of Justice League left those that were invested in the story feeling screwed out of something. Everyone who really cared to see it through knew that what we got was bastardized, and when you throw in the problems that the cast had behind the scenes during the reshoots with Joss Whedon and Geoff Johns you just knew what we saw wasn't close to the initial vision.

I'm not expecting casual fans to get excited about it (or even haters like you ), but this would be like if the first Avengers movie had been almost completely redone for a Marvel fan but you knew damn well there was a more coherent version of what you were liking about the franchise so far. I wouldn't go so far to say I was "excited" about the Snyder cut, but more so happy for him knowing what happened behind the scenes that he got to finish his vision and it was the fans of that particular vision that made it possible. I know not everyone liked the initial Snyder DC movies like I did, so this was more about me having some closure on this particular DC story.

Kind of bummed I will never see a proper Darkseid vs Justice League fight, but I think I am more looking forward to the reboot they are going to do to introduce the infinite Earths multiverse with the next Flash movie. Marvel can keep weaving their big story, but I think DC can and should just move forward now with the existing Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam stories then focus on one-offs with Superman, the upcoming Batman, etc. and just do story arcs where it makes sense.

It would be cool if they can figure out how to do a Crisis on Infinite Earths story where we get to see all the still available Batman/Superman/other superhero actors team up in a big movie lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I think what excited fans (and I mean those who were going along with Man of Steel and Batman v Superman) is that the circumstances that led to the theatrical cut of Justice League left those that were invested in the story feeling screwed out of something. Everyone who really cared to see it through knew that what we got was bastardized, and when you throw in the problems that the cast had behind the scenes during the reshoots with Joss Whedon and Geoff Johns you just knew what we saw wasn't close to the initial vision.

I'm not expecting casual fans to get excited about it (or even haters like you ), but this would be like if the first Avengers movie had been almost completely redone for a Marvel fan but you knew damn well there was a more coherent version of what you were liking about the franchise so far. I wouldn't go so far to say I was "excited" about the Snyder cut, but more so happy for him knowing what happened behind the scenes that he got to finish his vision and it was the fans of that particular vision that made it possible. I know not everyone liked the initial Snyder DC movies like I did, so this was more about me having some closure on this particular DC story.

Kind of bummed I will never see a proper Darkseid vs Justice League fight, but I think I am more looking forward to the reboot they are going to do to introduce the infinite Earths multiverse with the next Flash movie. Marvel can keep weaving their big story, but I think DC can and should just move forward now with the existing Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam stories then focus on one-offs with Superman, the upcoming Batman, etc. and just do story arcs where it makes sense.

It would be cool if they can figure out how to do a Crisis on Infinite Earths story where we get to see all the still available Batman/Superman/other superhero actors team up in a big movie lol

See, i dont even consider myself a hater because i actually like the first WW and Aquaman movies. And i really wanted to love/like the others in this series but i just feel that DC hasnt had any real consistency (even before Whedon's version). Ive seen people say this is the best comic book adapation ever (even over Winter Soldier) and im just baffled how they come to that conclusion. Some fans even go as far as to use Snyder's daughters death as some sort of justification as to why the film is so great even though she had nothing to do with it on screen. To me none of the recent DC stuff is near as good as the Nolan trilogy if we were to stick with the DC era of material.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

See, i dont even consider myself a hater because i actually like the first WW and Aquaman movies. And i really wanted to love/like the others in this series but i just feel that DC hasnt had any real consistency (even before Whedon's version). Ive seen people say this is the best comic book adapation ever (even over Winter Soldier) and im just baffled how they come to that conclusion. Some fans even go as far as to use Snyder's daughters death as some sort of justification as to why the film is so great even though she had nothing to do with it on screen. To me none of the recent DC stuff is near as good as the Nolan trilogy if we were to stick with the DC era of material.
    Yeah even being a fan of the tone Snyder was going for I know it’s just not good for an entire cinematic universe. I’m ok with them finishing off some stories then pivoting to single story movies for a bit.

And I know you’re not a hater! Lol

Edit: and if people want to claim this is their favorite movie so be it. I see it as an interesting diversion with some cool visuals. Some people put too much stock in defending what they love to the point of it not even being subjective but more self fulfilling regardless of actual quality. Like I loved WandaVision but I had a friend claim it was their favorite show ever. I was like... ok?
    Last edited by MasterShake; 03-20-2021 at 01:35 PM.

15. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Just two more days to The Suicide Squad, although I probably won't watch until Saturday.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Just two more days to The Suicide Squad, although I probably won't watch until Saturday.
    Going to see it Friday at the AMC Dolby ATMOS theater near me. My friend does a pretty popular Comic Book duel/movie review podcast locally and he saw the critics screening and loved it so he’s coming to see it again with me. Really looking forward to it! It’s a cool hobby for him they actually have enough subscribers that they qualify as Rotten Tomatoes reviewers. This is his and his twin brothers show if anyone is interested: https://www.dynamicduel.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Not entirely Marvel related but this cats name is Loki and he is in misery at the groomers. It just made me think of him in the TVA and not liking this particular timeline. LMAO

20. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I couldnt add in Black Widow, What If... or Shang-Chi yet because i have yet to see them but this is my current ranking of the Marvel films/Tv Shows.

https://tiermaker.com/create/marvel-1231021

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I couldnt add in Black Widow, What If... or Shang-Chi yet because i have yet to see them but this is my current ranking of the Marvel films/Tv Shows.

https://tiermaker.com/create/marvel-1231021
    Nice rankings! You and I are eye to eye on the Captain America entries.

24. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information