Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Hoo boy! This looks all kinds of awesome!

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Watched Ragnarok again last night.

Again, good movie but man that cheesy freaking comedy. Fits great in GoG, very out of place in Thor.

Such as in the fight with Hulk...Hey, I know him. he is a friend from work!

WTF? An Asgardian God, freaking Thor, is yelling up that this is a friend from work? How freaking cheesy is that...

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

WTF? An Asgardian God, freaking Thor, is yelling up that this is a friend from work? How freaking cheesy is that...
    Yeah I am still struggling with that flick. I thought the original Thor was a good mix of Shakespearean Tragedy and Fish-out-of-water humor, and Thor: The Dark World was kind of a mess but watchable at least once.

Visually I thought Thor: Ragnarok was one of the best looking Marvel flicks. It was an easy watch and watching it again made me appreciate some things more but the tonal shift is just so... jarring. Plus Planet Hulk was one of the BEST Hulk storylines in the comic and it was used as a sub-story here with no payoff. As a comedy I really enjoy it, but as a superhero film it only really comes together at the end.

Gotta love Thor kicking ass to the Immigrant Song, though. I just wanted a bit of levity when Asgard was destroyed or when Odin died. Hell, even the Warriors Three didn't get a proper sendoff.

6. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I thought that bit was great. Same with Loki stating he needed to get off the planet. Shit makes me laugh every time.

The comedy will be in the next Avengers as well because they have to have GoG in it, and that is fine, but they need to be more strategic about it. Not force it on characters that you could never imagine saying it.

I could never see a God like Thor yelling up that this is a friend from work. he just wouldn't say that!

However I could see Starlord saying that plan of yours, it's good except...it sucks. THAT FITS. Not Jarring! You can have the characters talking like that in the movie that you would expect to and not have it stand out and still let characters that WOULD NOT talk like that use their typical speech. It's OK!.

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I thought that bit was great. Same with Loki stating he needed to get off the planet. Shit makes me laugh every time.
    I can actually SEE Loki saying that though, but I can never see a somewhat serene God like Thor, hero to the people, naïve to the ways of the humans in Thor 1, yelling hey this is a friend from work!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think Thors persona has grown since the first one. I don't know to me the humor fits and works perfectly for me.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The context to which Thor says that about the Hulk makes a lot of sense because he had just lost his father found out he had a sister they can virtually wipe out everything and he was looking for allies in any way possible and of course the Hulk shows up. The fact that they still fought made sense as well because they had this ongoing rival Feud about who was the strongest so to me when Hulk says Hulk like fire Thor like water it's funny as s*** I like it.

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

The context to which Thor says that about the Hulk makes a lot of sense because he had just lost his father found out he had a sister they can virtually wipe out everything and he was looking for allies in any way possible and of course the Hulk shows up. The fact that they still fought made sense as well because they had this ongoing rival Feud about who was the strongest so to me when Hulk says Hulk like fire Thor like water it's funny as s*** I like it.
    In some of the comics they have fought for fun. Granted in the comics just about everything has happened, because...well...comics!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

It's perfect, one of the best lines of the film, I died laughing the first time I heard it...I don't get you guy's complaints here...

Marvel movies have ALWAYS been packed full of humor, Steve Rodgers "oh! I know that reference!" Or in Avengers when speaking of Loki "He's adopted". Or how about the hilariously awesome avengers moment where Hulk beats Loki senseless while saying "puny God" (which by the way, led to a freaking hilarious moment in Ragnarok when Loki sees Hulk again) My favorite is Thor walking into a pet store "I need a horse" and then clerk indicating they only have cats, dogs and rodents and Thor's response is "Give me one of those big enough to ride!" And of course, how can we forget the Steve Rodgers "language" running gag?

Ya'll act like there was never any humor in the previous movies at all, yes it's ramped up more, but it has always been there. Honestly, there wasn't a single second of ragnarok I didn't find thoroughly enjoyable. It actually baffles me that people have a problem with it...

Exactly, the guys in a very strange new place, getting forced into combat, he's down on his luck and doesn't know anyone and all the sudden, hey wait, who is that? OH! It's someone I know! Hey! I know this guy! It makes sense that he's ecstatic to see Hulk, now he doesn't have to fight after all, it's a big misunderstanding, they go WAAAAY back! He's a friend from work...

I don't get the gripe here....

18. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

It's not about the humor, its about the particular lines.

The naïve God that walked into a human pet store thinking he could buy a mount, which traveling by mount is very common where he is from, is now yelling Hulk is a friend from work?

I like the humor in Thor, I do not like the humor from lines I could never see him saying.

The biggest thing I'll point out about Thor, from square one he's been silly and naive. Thunder God or not, he has ALWAYS been awkward in any culture that isn't Asgard. That was a hilarious moment of social awkwardness that absolutely fits with everything that has come before it. They do work together, of course that's how he's going to relate to Banner.

Well best thing is we all have the right to our own opinions

My opinion is the only right one, of course, that goes without saying, but we all have the right to our own!

22. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information