Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I get so confused. Now the Guardians of the Galaxy are part of Iron Man’s group? I thought Earth was destroyed in that world, or something like that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I get so confused. Now the Guardians of the Galaxy are part of Iron Man’s group? I thought Earth was destroyed in that world, or something like that.
    Mo, what the hell are you talking about? I think you might be referring to Nova Corps home planet which was attacked in the first GOTG? As far as how they come together I bet the Guardians find the wreckage of Thor's ship from the end of Ragnarok and are the one's who get him back to Earth.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Mo, what the hell are you talking about? I think you might be referring to Nova Corps home planet which was attacked in the first GOTG? As far as how they come together I bet the Guardians find the wreckage of Thor's ship from the end of Ragnarok and are the one's who get him back to Earth.
    I don’t think I’ve seen that movie. Couldn’t they just leave Guardians alone? It stood just fine on its own.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don’t think I’ve seen that movie. Couldn’t they just leave Guardians alone? It stood just fine on its own.
    It is the blessing and the curse of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, EVERYTHING has to tie into one another eventually. I think that is why usually the first movies of the series are the best and then the sequels (save for the Captain America movies) that have to tie into the bigger picture suffer a bit because they have to tell a unique story that must also weave into everything else.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of mashing the Guardians of the Galaxies in with the Avengers?

Just watched GoG2 again last night, and I like the movies but it feels like a different line of stories.

It is a heavy comic, heavy entertainment line.

Avengers has always been light humor with a more serious note.

To me it feels like either Avengers will get too much humor (aka latest Thor) or GoG will get far less.

I just think they should have been 2 story lines completely separate and both great in their own ways and it will feel weird and thrown in when they make Infinity.
    I just saw the trailer last night at the theater. It appears they're going to cram every single superhero in the Marvel Universe into this movie.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I just saw the trailer last night at the theater. It appears they're going to cram every single superhero in the Marvel Universe into this movie.
    It has the potential to be an awesomely epic movie or an interesting failure. I'm looking forward to it either way.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    It has the potential to be an awesomely epic movie or an interesting failure. I'm looking forward to it either way.
    I fear it's going to be the later. The super hero bubble of the last decade has to pop eventually.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Looks good! I really enjoyed the first Ant-Man but for the life of me I can't remember most of the movie. I really liked Michael Peña's character in that movie as his friend, and seeing young Michael Douglas was cool. I only saw it once, but I did like it a lot.

EDIT: Also, Evangeline Lily in leather.

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Don't want to get political, just curious.

My local theater was under going repairs so I didn't get a chance to go see Black Panther.

It has set records so I would just like to know is it that good, or is it simply setting records because of diversity. I can appreciate diversity but when I go to watch a movie...I just want to watch a damn good movie. Is it a damn good movie WITH diversity or is it mainly just because of the diversity?

I don't care about skin color when I go to watch a movie, I loved Avatar and everyone was blue.

I haven't heard any negative things about it, most people I've talked to have said it is a damn good movie. I haven't seen it yet though.

15. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Is that the WASP? I'm digging the stern look and tight leathers.

17. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

I like the concept of the shrinking building with the pull out handle.

Gives new meaning to the term "mobile home".

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Don't want to get political, just curious.

My local theater was under going repairs so I didn't get a chance to go see Black Panther.

It has set records so I would just like to know is it that good, or is it simply setting records because of diversity. I can appreciate diversity but when I go to watch a movie...I just want to watch a damn good movie. Is it a damn good movie WITH diversity or is it mainly just because of the diversity?

I don't care about skin color when I go to watch a movie, I loved Avatar and everyone was blue.
    Eh, if you didn't know the whole political angle around the movie you would just see a pretty good Superhero movie with some elements of James Bond, Sci-fi, and a political undercurrent. Black Panther is not so much about Black Pride, but rather being an already proud nation in Wakanda that has all of these wonders that it is hiding from the rest of the world. The crux of the movie is giving power back to those who need it and doing the right thing instead of keeping good things to yourself, not necessarily "Black Power". The most extreme character in the movie is the villain Kill Monger who is a product of being left behind and forgotten.

This movie is similar to Wonder Woman thematically but also in the sense that groups that haven't been represented fully in Comic Book movies (Women and African Americans) kind of took their love and adoration of these movies to the extreme because of their personal reasons and projections which is totally fine. You don't have to embrace the movie from that standpoint and you can still find a well crafted Marvel movie with a tight story and probably the best bad guy story in all of the Marvel Universe so far.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Sounds like it won't be the end of the world if I just wait for Redbox.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information