Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I honestly think Pattison will surprise people
    Anyone doubting Pattison needs to check out Good Time and see his acting chops. If this is because of his work in the Twilight series, I just don't get it. Why would you pass up that fame and money if you were him? Daniel Radcliffe starred in a movie based off a young adult book too and he moved on just fine. I like they are going the detective/noir route with Batman and taking him back to his roots. I think Pattison can really pull off the billionaire playboy stuff, too.

I just haven't heard a good argument against Pattison yet except that he got lots of chicks from playing a vampire when he was younger.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

As long as Batman doesn't sparkle, I'm intrigued. He seems to have moved well beyond the sparkly vampire roll that was intended to make HS girls feel all tingly in their nethers.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Whether or not Pattinson does well remains to be seen regardless of past roles. Some people have doubts, some think he will do well but until we actually see him in this particular role its a guessing game at this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Whether or not Pattinson does well remains to be seen regardless of past roles. Some people have doubts, some think he will do well but until we actually see him in this particular role its a guessing game at this point.
    Exactly. I'm not gonna crown him or boo him at this point. That remains to be seen but I'm not gonna shit on him until I see what he does. There will be plenty of time to bitch after the movie comes out! Its OK to doubt whether he can pull it off, but give the dude a chance! Besides Keaton and Ledger in the Batman movies, I can think of other examples of outrage over casting that turned out to be wrong. Keanu Reeves as an action star? Adam Sandler in a serious role? Bruce Willis fighting terrorists? THE GUY FROM MOONLIGHTING? lol

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Exactly. I'm not gonna crown him or boo him at this point. That remains to be seen but I'm not gonna shit on him until I see what he does. There will be plenty of time to bitch after the movie comes out! Its OK to doubt whether he can pull it off, but give the dude a chance! Besides Keaton and Ledger in the Batman movies, I can think of other examples of outrage over casting that turned out to be wrong. Keanu Reeves as an action star? Adam Sandler in a serious role? Bruce Willis fighting terrorists? THE GUY FROM MOONLIGHTING? lol
    Moonlighting!!! Wow

I am not judging him based on Twilight per say, I am including that though in other stuff i have seen him in.

I think he is a decent enough actor I just don't see him in that part.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I am not judging him based on Twilight per say, I am including that though in other stuff i have seen him in.

That’s reasonable, I have no idea how he will pull off batman, especially a noir detective batman, but he should smash Bruce Wayne

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I think the most important thing is how they do the suit. I think he will be a great Bruce Wayne, but he will need to nail the manuerisms and style of what we think of as Batman. I hope they go the long cape route, more mysterious and brooding and fits with the more lean/athletic Batman from the 70's comics:

13. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think that is where most of us doubters are at.

15. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

If he opens up his shirt and the bat signal sparkles light up the sky I am out though.

17. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I've shared this before I think but for anyone who hasn't seen it, it's fascinating. This seems to be a major influence for Heath Ledger's version of Joker, but more than that the entire interview is just mesmerizing.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So apparently Birds of Prey is having its title changed to "Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey" because the film is under performing at the box office despite good reviews. Either movie goers are just getting tired of super hero movies or DC is still having a hard time creating a positive movement on their product. Or, it could be the whole "female" agenda playing a part as well im not sure. Guess we will see how Marvel's "Black Widow" does in comparison.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    So apparently Birds of Prey is having its title changed to "Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey" because the film is under performing at the box office despite good reviews. Either movie goers are just getting tired of super hero movies or DC is still having a hard time creating a positive movement on their product. Or, it could be the whole "female" agenda playing a part as well im not sure. Guess we will see how Marvel's "Black Widow" does in comparison.
    Get woke go broke. That's what I'm hearing anyway. I'll watch it someday when I can stream it for free.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

22. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Is Margot naked in this
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Is Margot naked in this
    Doubtful but it is R rated so who knows. Lol

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information