Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Looks interesting but would have preferred just a stand a lone Harley Quinn movie. Love the hyena.
    Looks like it pretty much is just her with the Birds of Prey playing second string. Could be cool.

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don’t know why but I’m watching Endgame.

My goodness do I have the urge to make fun of this ... I’m trying to hard not to ... time travel? Come on?
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 10-10-2019 at 01:54 AM.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don’t know why but I’m watching Endgame.

My goodness do I have the urge to make fun of this ... I’m trying to hard not to ... time travel? Come on?
    You post this shit? TONIGHT!?!?!?

God I hate everything single ******* thing in this worthless ******* world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I felt the need to clip a toenail. I come back and Captain America is fighting Captain America? Why?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I really don’t know what I was thinking watching this. I apologize.

I am permanently giving up on Mo. Mo, goodbye.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I am permanently giving up on Mo. Mo, goodbye.
    I turned it off. I just don’t get this stuff. I’m watching the Social Network because it is a fantastic movie, probably the movie of the 2000s to this point.

I turned it off. I just don’t get this stuff. I’m watching the Social Network because it is a fantastic movie, probably the movie of the 2000s to this point.
    This is only marginally less painful for me than the Dodgers tonight.

Dammit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

This is only marginally less painful for me than the Dodgers tonight.

Dammit.
    Opposites attract.

For about ten years they wove a rich and entertaining tapestry culminating in a movie that moved people -fans and casuals alike- to tears. It was a beautiful story, both epic and short in scope at the same time.

You have failed. At first I thought Abe, a man I once called my Style Brother, had betrayed me. And I loved you more than anyone on this board loves you. You do this to me. Mo, I loved you.

I'll have forgiven you by the time I wake up tomorrow. But until then you're dead forever.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

For about ten years they wove a rich and entertaining tapestry culminating in a movie that moved people -fans and casuals alike- to tears. It was a beautiful story, both epic and short in scope at the same time.

You have failed. At first I thought Abe, a man I once called my Style Brother, had betrayed me. And I loved you more than anyone on this board loves you. You do this to me. Mo, I loved you.

I'll have forgiven you by the time I wake up tomorrow. But until then you're dead forever.
    It’s ... an OK story, sort of.

Sweet dreams.

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

It’s ... an OK story, sort of.

Sweet dreams.
    I'm going to poop on your car.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I thought the first Avengers was barely tolerable. Mark Ruffalo (who's a jackass) was brilliant as Hulk but... Thats it. Loki i found to be a laughable antagonist.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

You dont get Marvel but get Tolkien? Come on man.....

20. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I hope DC does more straight up adult and dark movies like Joker moving forward. After Marvel perfected popcorn cinema, its nice to see a movie from DC that took itself seriously but didn't try and pander to the audience with fan service. SPOILERS BELOW:

The movie really kicks into high gear for me when Arthur is gifted a gun for protection. "I'm not supposed to have a gun!" he whispers upon seeing it in the crumpled paper bag. Every time the gun reappears in the film, you get a feeling of dread.

When the three douchebags on the train attack him, he kills two in self defense with it and if he stops there he can still be a sympathetic character. Instead, the third man is wounded and tries to get away. When Arthur hunts him down at the next stop and unloads the rest of the bullets into his lifeless body you begin to realize that what was inside of him was there all along.

He panics a bit and runs to a nearby restroom bathed in blue fluorescent light and instead of the panic taking him over for the fact that he just killed 3 men and 1 in cold blood, he seems calm for the first time in the whole movie. Then suddenly the score kicks in and he kicks into a meditative state and begins to dance slowly. Director Todd Phillips describes the scene like this:

"I just played Joaquin this piece of music, and Joaquin started to dance to it and it was me and him alone in the bathroom, there's 250 people on the crew waiting outside and he just starts doing this dance and we both kinda look at each other and said OK that's the scene"

The best thing about this movie to me is that you can have any opinion about it and I just have to concede that you are right. My coworker thought it was way too depressing and hated it, while another friend just didn't understand it but appreciated the commentary on ignoring mental health issues. It is a VERY subjective movie that can be interpreted multiple ways depending on how you approach it. I went in with a blank slate and was just blown away by the nuance. Sometimes movies like this can feel too artsy for their own sake, but this was different for me and I can't put my finger on it. All I know is that this is one I look forward to revisiting at home when it's released even though it leaves me feeling in a bad mood after watching.

Bottom line for me is that Marvel can stick to their fun formula and I can take my kids to those movies and enjoy them for what they are, but DC has a chance to make movies like this with Else Worlds storylines and evolve the genre like they started to do with Nolan's Batman movies. This feels like the next evolution of it.

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information