Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I thought the character was cool in B. v S. I was worried that her 'abilities' would be one of the weaker incarnations of the character - after that fight against Doomsday, though...she's pretty sweet.
    I just hope they do Aquaman justice. I like the guy they've got playing him (he was great in Stargate Atlantis and Game of Thrones)

I used to mock Aquaman personally because no one every wrote him well and he always made me think of the dopey Justice League cartoon version of his character from the 70s or 80s or whatever.

Geoff Johns run with the character made me finally start to appreciate just how awesome of a character he can be.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I just hope they do Aquaman justice. I like the guy they've got playing him (he was great in Stargate Atlantis and Game of Thrones)

I used to mock Aquaman personally because no one every wrote him well and he always made me think of the dopey Justice League cartoon version of his character from the 70s or 80s or whatever.

Geoff Johns run with the character made me finally start to appreciate just how awesome of a character he can be.
    The recent DC Animation Movie incarnations have been really well done. And he is badass in the Injustice 2 video game.

Wonder Woman is holding strong at 96% right now which would make it the best reviewed live-action comic book movie ever. I hope it holds up.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The recent DC Animation Movie incarnations have been really well done. And he is badass in the Injustice 2 video game.

Wonder Woman is holding strong at 96% right now which would make it the best reviewed live-action comic book movie ever. I hope it holds up.
    That's because DC Animation is pretty much the most badass thing ever! If they stopped making live action movies to focus on animation, you'd not hear a single complaint out of me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

That's because DC Animation is pretty much the most badass thing ever! If they stopped making live action movies to focus on animation, you'd not hear a single complaint out of me.
    I think Flashpoint Paradox was one of my favorite Super Hero movies period of the last decade.

6. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I think Flashpoint Paradox was one of my favorite Super Hero movies period of the last decade.
    The Killing Joke was pretty awesome as well. If nothing else to hear Mark Hamil reading such iconic dialog.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The Killing Joke was pretty awesome as well. If nothing else to hear Mark Hamil reading such iconic dialog.
    That one was ok, not my favorite though. They REALLY took some liberties with the story and added too much fluff. Agreed on Mark Hammil though, he pretty much is the definitive Joker at this point.

9. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

That one was ok, not my favorite though. They REALLY took some liberties with the story and added too much fluff. Agreed on Mark Hammil though, he pretty much is the definitive Joker at this point.
    They needed to cut off the new stuff as a separate chapter - that would have allowed them to have the run time that they needed to justify making the movie, as well as giving more backstory that they wanted as well.

Other than that, it was mostly a panel by panel duplicate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So apparently they had some private screenings for "women only" viewings of the new Wonder Woman to which some men were upset by. lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    So apparently they had some private screenings for "women only" viewings of the new Wonder Woman to which some men were upset by. lol
    Yeah I saw that. These are probably the same guys that boycotted the last Ghostbusters movie and hop online and call everyone else snowflakes every chance they get. For once these girls and women have a representation of a superhero on the big screen in a solo movie and they want to identify with it and I say more power to them. These guys have a million other screenings they can attend, and for that matter a million other movies they can watch with dudes in leading roles being badass. This isn't them being exclusionary to men, it is them celebrating finally being included in a male dominated genre and coming together to do so.

Some people just want to make it all about them and play the victim just like they accuse everyone else of doing.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    They were just jealous they didn't get to watch it.

It makes sense, it's a movie that has the potential to draw women into the super hero genre, they obviously are attempting to gauge how well it does with a small sampling of women.

15. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

They were just jealous they didn't get to watch it.

It makes sense, it's a movie that has the potential to draw women into the super hero genre, they obviously are attempting to gauge how well it does with a small sampling of women.
    It wasn't even that. DC knew they have a hit on their hands since the fan screenings just over a week ago. These women only screenings were actually charity events and things like that.

It wasn't even that. DC knew they have a hit on their hands since the fan screenings just over a week ago. These women only screenings were actually charity events and things like that.
    Yea, not a big deal to get worked up over regardless.

18. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Yea, not a big deal to get worked up over regardless.
    Yeah it is, it's sexist.

It reeks of inequality and positive discrimination.

They should never have got the vote... Look what the world coming to. Men can't enter a certain movie theatre for a few hours on one day this year...aaarrrgghhh

What a lot of shit

20. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

It is sexist but its also not a big deal. I mean, its not like other people are not going to get to see this movie. But, since (kind of like BATB) WW is going to resonate with female empowerment they needed to gauge how the response was going to be so the screenings make total sense.

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I predict more truck balls in 2018.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information