Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Indeed.

If the idea is this is Batman early on in his crusading career the toys, suit, car, etc are all going to be bare bones compared to how he ended up. As we learned with the Affleck version of Batman he became more reliant on his technology as he got older vs his physical strength and what not before.
    Yeah I imagine as the movie goes on his suit/tech or whatever gets better. One thing I didn't even think of is all these movies coming up like The Batman and Matrix 4 have stalled production. These movies might move out a whole year from their original release date! I wonder how much money they lose on things like stalled productions?

I know Wonder Woman and the new James Bond lost some money already due to their release dates being pushed back because of what was spent on marketing. In some cases having a few extra months to tighten up the movie and work on better special effects might be a blessing to some studios.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Stunt suit (and a stunt double) with no cape rehearsing a scene is going to be much different than the final cut of the movie with proper lighting and effects."ThiS DoeSn'T LooK like BlaCk WiDow!"

Even rehearsals with actors look off until the "magic" is applied:

lol i know. i do VFX man. I just think its funny.

4. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

As someone who unironically liked Man of Steel and LOVED the Ultimate Edition of Batman v Superman, this is great news to me:

Justice League was simply OK when it was building up to something great and it had lots to do with severe studio interference and tragedy behind the scenes with Director Zack Snyder whose cut ended up being about 20-30% of the final "product" Joss Whedon put out.

Things I am looking forward to after seeing the storyboards from his cut:

• More fleshed out Bruce Wayne/Arthur Curry investigation when he is looking for Aquaman
    • More backstory to the Flash
    • Longer "History Lesson" Sequence where we see the Old Gods (Zeus, Artemis, etc.) repelling the invasion of Steppenwolf and Darkseid and the other New Gods
    • We see Cyborg when he is still a football star before his accident so more background there
    • And probably most importantly we lose all the "jokes", the Russian family subplot, and weirdness Joss Whedon put in there and we get to see a proper dark version of the film more in line with the previous movies.

These are a few of the stills from his cut that Snyder released online over the years including the Black Suit Superman:

Crazy to think that we would've been on the 3rd Part of Justice League story by now if the studio hadn't abandoned Snyder's story and just made it into one "Ok" movie that was largely forgotten.

6. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

DC was at their best when Nolan was doing his trilogy. Outside of WW and Aqua Man the new stuff is pretty forgettable for me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

DC was at their best when Nolan was doing his trilogy. Outside of WW and Aqua Man the new stuff is pretty forgettable for me.
    I think of the new stuff to me, Man of Steel, BvS, Wonder Woman, and Shazam were my favorites. Aquaman was batshit crazy but I still have no idea how it made 1 Billion!

9. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Wonder Woman is by far the best DC movie outside of the Batman trilogy, but then again, y’all know how I feel about these comic book universes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I have yet to see any of the more recent DC movies because I refuse to pay for another streaming service to be able to watch them!

But I definitely hope they are good, and at least a change of pace from the formulaic Marvel movies.

I just wish DC would pick something and stick to it for longer than a movie before they decide to switch things up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I have yet to see any of the more recent DC movies because I refuse to pay for another streaming service to be able to watch them!

But I definitely hope they are good, and at least a change of pace from the formulaic Marvel movies.

I just wish DC would pick something and stick to it for longer than a movie before they decide to switch things up.
    I wish they could've finished the DC Cinematic Universe they were working towards but it was too little too late. They do much better with one off movies that aren't connected (unless they are a trilogy of some sort) and maybe bringing characters together later would make sense.

As of right now they have no Superman movies in the works, a Batman set in a different universe/timeline, and the only characters they are moving on with are Wonder Woman in Wonder Woman 84, a new Flash movie, Aquaman 2, Black Adam starring the Rock (which is part of Shazam) and Shazam 2.

There is also the new Suicide Squad which is promising because James Gunn is doing it so we will see Margot's Harly Quinn at least once more. I just don't see how they do a Justice League movie going forward with no Batman/Superman. Maybe the Flash movie will reset everything...

The one thing DC absolutely nails though is their animated movies. Flashpoint Paradox is incredible. This is the scene where Flash ends up on a different timeline where Bruce was killed and Thomas Wayne takes up the mantle of Batman who uses guns and kills people:

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

We watched the Marvel movies in an order recommended by some website my wife found. I think it started with a Captain America. I hadn’t seen any of them other than Iron man 1 and 2.

Then a few nights ago we watched Aquaman because we have HBO Plus too. It seems really cheap and campy compared to the Marvel movies.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    We watched the Marvel movies in an order recommended by some website my wife found. I think it started with a Captain America. I hadn’t seen any of them other than Iron man 1 and 2.

Then a few nights ago we watched Aquaman because we have HBO Plus too. It seems really cheap and campy compared to the Marvel movies.
    Yeah I thought it was campy and fun, but hardly a movie that if you told me it was a box office smash I would believe you.

17. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I guess what it comes down to for me is that I have always been more of a graphic novel fan than I have a comic book fan. Marvel made some fun movies, but my favorites were the ones that took on the graphic novel stories (like Civil War) even if they were just loosely based. I think my favorite Marvel movies were Winter Soldier, Infinity War, and Civil War. I just like dark themes I guess!

I think these are my rankings for my top 5 in the past decade or so:

5. Wonder Woman
    4. Civil War
    3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    2. Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition
    1. Infinity War

Honorable mention to Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor: Ragnarok because they were just fun as hell. I think if DC can just give me good one-off stories like The Joker and hopefully the new Batman that works for me, and Marvel can be the "fun" popcorn movies that make a bazillion dollars. Best of both worlds for me if it goes that direction, but I seriously think Marvel needs to take a bit of a break and just reboot since they have Fantastic 4 and X-Men in their stable now.

I am not interested in moving forward with Captain Marvel and a bunch of C-list comic team up movies. Take a bow, take a break, and come back with the FULL Marvel Universe to play with. DC just needs to stay in their lane for now until they get their footing back.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think it all depends on how they are made for me. I love graphic novels too but if they arent well made in terms of film making it can be a letdown. As an example i thought Watchmen was fantastic. It just has to be done right for me to really enjoy it and i think DC misses more than they hit right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I think it all depends on how they are made for me. I love graphic novels too but if they arent well made in terms of film making it can be a letdown. As an example i thought Watchmen was fantastic. It just has to be done right for me to really enjoy it and i think DC misses more than they hit right now.
    Yeah you have to be careful to do them right. I think the 3 hour cut of Batman v Superman hit me in a good way for some reason but I can understand why some people disagree! Same thing with Watchmen. The directors cut of that is superior in almost every way but how do you sit through a 3.5 hour flick? I think you have to love the source material, too. Watchmen is very layered and I think someone with no history with it would struggle even with the theatrical cut.

21. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Cool!

Batman Returns! Michael Keaton in Talks to Play Bruce Wayne in ‘The Flash’ Movie (Exclusive)
    https://www.thewrap.com/batman-retur...e-flash-movie/

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Sounds like Keaton is REAL close to reprising his role in the Flashpoint movie. This is brilliant if they can pull it off because they can bring the new Batman back into the fold and keep Cavill on as Superman. Hopefully DC gets it right. Some cool fanart of Keaton as an older Wayne:

25. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information