Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    It's cool that you guys are so passionate about fiction and make-believe things.
    Thanks Buff. I was totally expecting you to come in here and post something dripping with irony and sarcas... wait. You son of a bitch!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I loved Blade: Trinity.

Reynolds was flat out awesome in that flick.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    It's cool that you guys are so passionate about fiction and make-believe things.
    Buffalo, I would like to draw your attention to the Olympics thread. There you will find the consensus on posting hate in threads otherwise filled with love.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I loved Blade: Trinity.

Did you ever read what a cluster **** that movie was behind the scenes? Form Patton Oswalt:

"He wouldn't come out of his trailer and he would smoke weed all day", recalls Oswalt. "Then I remember one day on the set- they let everyone pick their own clothes - there was one black actor who was also kind of a club kid. And he wore this shirt with the word 'Garbage' on it in big stylish letters. It was his shirt. And Wesley came down to the set, which he only did for close-ups. Everything else was done by his stand-in. I only did one scene with him. But he comes on and goes, 'There’s only one other black guy in the movie, and you make him wear a shirt that says ‘Garbage?’ You racist mothe******!' And he tried to strangle the director, David Goyer".
    http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/blad...-blade-trinity

There was also a scene in the film where Wesley Snipes refused to open his eyes so they had to use CGI:

That movie was great for all the wrong reasons.

Blade 1 and 2 are easily some of my favorite comic book movies ever.

Damn, Snipes sounds like an ***hole.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Buffalo, I would like to draw your attention to the Olympics thread. There you will find the consensus on posting hate in threads otherwise filled with love.
    I have breaching that policy with regularity for the better part of a decade, what would be the fun in stopping now? Besides, that post was a real exercise in restraint. If anything I should be praised for being so delicate.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well this is interesting but im not sure how much trouble the director of Suicide Squad could possibly get into. This rap group (Die Antwoord) is claiming that the director ripped off their aesthetic when making SS. They claim he was constantly talking about them to Leto and other cast members throughout the production. At first i thought maybe it could just be coincidence but when i checked out this first video from them and saw Cara D (cant spell her last name but she plays Enchantress in the movie) was in the video i have a feeling they might be on to something. Obviously im not a huge rap fan but did find this band interesting in terms of look. They seem to approach their look from a more "horroresque" angle.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

thats the two people from Chappie lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well this is interesting but im not sure how much trouble the director of Suicide Squad could possibly get into. This rap group (Die Antwoord) is claiming that the director ripped off their aesthetic when making SS. They claim he was constantly talking about them to Leto and other cast members throughout the production. At first i thought maybe it could just be coincidence but when i checked out this first video from them and saw Cara D (cant spell her last name but she plays Enchantress in the movie) was in the video i have a feeling they might be on to something. Obviously im not a huge rap fan but did find this band interesting in terms of look. They seem to approach their look from a more "horroresque" angle.

Stuff like that is really hard to prove. Its the difference between outright stealing an aesthetic and simply being influenced by it. I actually like Die Antwoord (they are coming to Denver soon!) but they are kind of morons if you ever hear them talk for extended periods. You could claim that they are stealing the look of Neil Gaiman's Sandman comic, soccer hooligans, Brandon Lee from The Crow, South African gangs, or the Beastie Boys.

As Shane eluded to I think they are mostly pissy that they thought they were going to be international movie stars after starring in Chappie. I don't know how you can copyright an aesthetic especially when they borrow so heavily from so many sources. If anything I'd say the look and feel of Suicide Squad was a cross between Escape from New York and The Warriors.

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

so i heard warner bros cut like 50 minutes of scenes from suicide squad.

And i heard Jared Letos joker is barely in the movie anymore. They even used parts in the trailer, that are no longer in the movie. Like the lines "I am going to show you my toys". That is in the trailer over and over.

Kind of stupid. They did the exact same thing to Batman vs Superman. They cut all the scenes that built the resentment towards each other in that movie.

WB needs to back the **** off and let the directors do what they were hired to do. I heard Suicide Squad is pretty bad. Is what happens when a film is directed by a Studio instead of creative directors.

I don't watch trailers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Here is a really good piece on Suicide Squad and while the movie has some missteps, it shows that DC is getting their footing and they are only 3 movies in. It talks about how compared to Marvel (currently at 13 movies!) is just starting to explore some of these darker elements while DC is already embracing them. The last sentence sums up why I like the DC Cinematic Universe so much thus far:

Suicide Squad is not even a little tonally coherent and is tediously reductive in a number of ways, but the really interesting thing about the movie isn’t what it does, but what it says. Not only is it the first legitimately FUN movie the DC Extended Universe has given us so far, but it’s also the first to clearly communicate the DCEU’s central conceit…

Namely, that metahumans are the worst thing to ever happen to humanity. And vice versa.

That fundamentally negative approach is incorporated throughout all three DC movies to date. It first becomes clear in the infamous third act of Man of Steel, with the arrival of General Zod’s forces. The impact, both psychological and physical, on Earth is colossal as we’re confronted with absolute proof of alien life—and at the same time, drives home the sense of just how lucky we were that Superman was raised by human parents. In fact, the entire movie can be read as Clark Kent choosing his adoptive world, and its values, over the gloriously eternal and ultimately meaningless battle of Zod’s Kryptonian zealots.

That becomes even more apparent in Batman v Superman. Not only does the destruction at the end of Man of Steel serve as the sequel’s inciting incident, but there’s also some interesting work done in terms of exploring the human consequences of Superman’s existence. Bruce Wayne’s stance—if there’s even the slightest chance Superman can’t be trusted, then he’s a threat—is based in Bruce’s first-hand experience of terror, but it also has one foot in demonstrable fact. This is a being who, as presented onscreen, was complicit in the destruction of a couple of square miles of Metropolis and colossal loss of life. Superman may be a force for good everywhere else, but all he needs is one bad day to cause massive damage. And Bruce, through Lex Luthor’s machinations, ends up assisting in the creation of that bad day.

That fundamental fear of the other, of the new, is something that’s present throughout BvS. The first time we see it is Lex’s obsession with the alien technology and the clear Faustus/Pandora’s Box metaphor that comes along with it. There are huge, unknowable things out there and as the movie finishes, it seems pretty clear that they’ve noticed us and we’re not ready. That’s not just negative—that’s practically Lovecraftian.
    http://www.tor.com/2016/08/15/that-l...ing-its-voice/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I dont know, from the first trailer i saw the Joker had very little to do with it. But, they did sell the idea at the end that he was going to impact the movie in some way. So while films often find themselves being edited anyway it shouldnt be too much of a surprise to Leto that some of his scenes were cut.

On the flipside, it is kind of baffling that they edited it THAT much (at least according to those who have seen it as i have not yet) so i wonder if the plan was to do something more specific with Leto's version of the Joker down the road, he somehow pissed off WB's and they wanted to cut him out, or according to most rumors WB's simply shit the bed after seeing how successful Deadpool was and wanted to scale back the heavy drama a bit.

Never the less, this cant end well unless they intend to have yet another actor portray the Joker going forward. The only way i think they can remotely redeem themselves is to give the dvd its deleted scenes and see how it fares vs what was released in the theaters.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/4034990?utm_source=fb-channel-hollywood-buzz&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=jared-leto-on-suicide-squad-f-em-is-dc-film-about-to-lose-its-joker

It seems that our new Joker bore the brunt of the cuts. Understandably, then, nobody seems more angry at Warner Bros.'s editing of Suicide Squad than Jared Leto.
    Last weekend, at Camp Mars, Leto gave full vent about his frustration. We don't have the actual quotes, but one fan on Tumblr summarized them:
    What's more, he also disclosed another thing that's frustrating him about his work with Warner Bros. He's a keen rock-climber, but - as part of his contract - he's forbidden to take part in dangerous activities like rock-climbing. Leto's response was startling: "**** Em"
    Jared Leto's Joker was a major part of the marketing campaign forSuicide Squad, and everyone was expecting him to play a major role in the film. Leto himself went to incredible lengths to get in-character; a believer in method acting, he delved deep into the character, andensured that the film was always in the headlines! It's pretty clear that Leto was having a blast playing the part of the clown prince of crime, and was excited to see where the Joker's story went next.
    Then things went badly wrong.

The critical backlash against Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice took Warner Bros. by surprise, and - with Suicide Squad almost completed - the studio panicked. If behind-the-scenes accounts are accurate, two versions of the film were shown to viewers in Northern California, and the final product was a mash-up of these.

Honestly, what's all the hubbub about? I don't get it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

It typically amazes me how much thought some put into a movie. I go, watch, and either enjoy it or not. I couldn't really give a rip about the whole backstory. who the producer is, where it was filmed, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Honestly, what's all the hubbub about? I don't get it.
    The general feeling is i think people expected Suicide Squad to kill it in the theaters but fell flat on its face instead.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information