Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    the Gem on his forehead.
    Vision. I hope they find a way to save him. He's a relatively new character (or old I guess, if you count his time as Jarvis) I like the actor who plays him and personally I'd like to see him stick around.

I believe in the comics

he dies and scarlet witch basically re-writes reality with her powers to bring him back.
    This could also be a good way to explain recasting a lot of roles like Iron Man, Cap, ect...

2. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm so confused...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'm so confused...
    Can't even tell if you are joking on that anymore!

Here try this:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Can't even tell if you are joking on that anymore!
    I've only ever been half joking. I am confused. I know Ironman is Tony Stark, but I can't remember who goes with him and who has beef with him and who doesn't, and then they keep adding characters...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

For example, is this Wonder Woman?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    For example, is this Wonder Woman?
    No its not.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No its not.
    See. Confusion.

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Well Venom looks really cool in the trailer, but I am still not sure what the point of that movie is. I feel similar to when I heard they are doing a standalone Joker origin story soon. They both just aren't as interesting without the "hero" of the story involved. This seems like a leftover from when Sony wanted to do a Sinister Six trilogy but Amazing Spiderman 2 bombed and they gave the rights back to Marvel... still I will remain cautiously optimistic and play this one by ear. I loved the Venom and Carnage stuff back in the 90's but I still wonder how you do one of these movies without Spidey. Depending on the reviews I may just wait this one out at the theater.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I always liked the anti hero so even without spidey I think this could fall along the lines of Watchmen.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

It's a different take to give the bad guy all that context first. Also, while I'm not up to speed on all the comics, there are some story arch's with Venom where he is an anti-hero (as North pointed out) and a flat out hero, too. Hardy's such a talented actor and the special effects are so good that I think the movie will, just as a standalone, be pretty good.

Also, Han Solo shot second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

16. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Also, Han Solo shot second.
    You are dead to me King...

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I always liked the anti hero so even without spidey I think this could fall along the lines of Watchmen.
    Well, Watchmen is more of a deconstruction as opposed to an antihero story but I get what you are saying. If they make Venom more of a chaotic-neutral like he was in some storylines it could be interesting. My love of Venom and Tom Hardy makes me hopeful for this one!

19. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I could potentially find Venom an interesting watch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That looks pretty good.

...until they bog it down with all the other superheroes...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information