Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Hoo boy! This looks all kinds of awesome!

Holy mother forking shirtballs. I've got literal goosebumps right now. I can't wait for this freaking movie!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

I should probably make a point to watch Black Panther before this comes out...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I should probably make a point to watch Black Panther before this comes out...
    Same. It's pretty obviously it is going to very heavily tie in. I wanted to watch it anyway, but I need to get on that.

Like, basically, I wasted my entire lunch break just re-watching this trailing. This movie looks amazeballs.

6. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So Black Panther is an Avenger? Is that the Iron Man one?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Black Panther was first introduced in Avengers Civil War.

9. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It's perfect, one of the best lines of the film, I died laughing the first time I heard it...I don't get you guy's complaints here...

Marvel movies have ALWAYS been packed full of humor, Steve Rodgers "oh! I know that reference!" Or in Avengers when speaking of Loki "He's adopted". Or how about the hilariously awesome avengers moment where Hulk beats Loki senseless while saying "puny God" (which by the way, led to a freaking hilarious moment in Ragnarok when Loki sees Hulk again) My favorite is Thor walking into a pet store "I need a horse" and then clerk indicating they only have cats, dogs and rodents and Thor's response is "Give me one of those big enough to ride!" And of course, how can we forget the Steve Rodgers "language" running gag?

Ya'll act like there was never any humor in the previous movies at all, yes it's ramped up more, but it has always been there. Honestly, there wasn't a single second of ragnarok I didn't find thoroughly enjoyable. It actually baffles me that people have a problem with it...
    Well I think Rick and I are coming from different angles. My issue is more of viewing the Thor movies and their particular tone. Of course there has always been humor in Marvel, from the quip a minute Iron Man to the examples you pointed out. My thing with Ragnarok is that it wasn't s Superhero movie with comedic moments, it was a full on comedy with Superhero moments. Don't get me wrong I liked the movie, but I just wasn't expecting such a new direction for Thor. Especially in a movie about Ragnarok. In my original review I even admitted that once I accepted what it was I enjoyed it a lot more.

I can see where you are coming from as well Shake.

It is Ragnarok, the end of the world basically, and it was a comedy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Good grief.....

Re-watching Civil war right now, been awhile since I watched this last. Right after it came out I think.

As I am watching this again, I remember why I have only watched it once...just not that fond of it.

Only Marvel movie I dislike more than this one is Homecoming. Neither this one nor Homecoming is bad...they are just boring compared to all of the other marvel ones for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    As I am watching this again, I remember why I have only watched it once...just not that fond of it.

Only Marvel movie I dislike more than this one is Homecoming. Neither this one nor Homecoming is bad...they are just boring compared to all of the other marvel ones for me.
    About the only part of Civil War I really liked was the fight between Iron Man, Cap and Winter Soldier. That was a pretty bad ass fight.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    About the only part of Civil War I really liked was the fight between Iron Man, Cap and Winter Soldier. That was a pretty bad ass fight.
    I really liked Bucky in that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I really liked Bucky in that movie.
    I like Bucky as a character, but Rick's right, it was just unexciting overall.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Man, it must take a lot for you guys to get excited. The only Marvel movies i can think of that were not that entertaining for me were Iron Man 3, Dr. Strange, and Thor: Dark World.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information