Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

I'll go watch it. I don't expect it to be a top movie of all time or anything but I suspect it will be entertaining, which is about all you can expect really from a superhero movie.

Entertain me without being completely stupid.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Critics already destroying Justice League in their reviews. I wonder if this is some of the reason why Affleck is thinking about leaving the Batman character.
    The critic score is about 5.3/10 and the audience score is at 4.3/5 (86%) on rotten tomatoes, and after seeing it today I can see why. This is not a critic-proof movie, but I think it will find favor with general audiences. I had a blast watching it and most of the "rotten" movies are decidedly mixed, unlike the Batman v Superman reviews that were pretty much negative all the way. Lots of laughs, moved briskly, and we finally got to see

SUPERMAN BE SUPER!
    . It makes me want to see the solo films which is the point I guess. I will write my review in the main thread today.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Wow.... worst opening since Green lantern? Yikes.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...iverse-1059826

Wow.... worst opening since Green lantern? Yikes.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...iverse-1059826
    Because Rotten Tomatoes torpedoed it. Considering how high the audience rating is, I can't imagine that it's anywhere near as bad as the reviews claim, and it's for sure not Green Lantern bad. But since it got bad reviews, people will skip it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Because Rotten Tomatoes torpedoed it. Considering how high the audience rating is, I can't imagine that it's anywhere near as bad as the reviews claim, and it's for sure not Green Lantern bad. But since it got bad reviews, people will skip it.
    Hard to say, sometimes people go to movies "just because" and likewise sometimes critics expect "more" out of films than they probably should. Ive heard mixed reviews on JL so far, some really bad, some say its about a 7/10 or so. I think DC's problem is they have been trying to play catch up to Marvel for so long that most of what they put out is just not well thought out or made well. WW was the best one i had seen so far but even it had some problems for me towards the end.

I liked JL. Wasn't bad at all.

Then again, I didn't mind GL either...

7. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

losing christian bale as batman was worst mistake ever

ALL OF NOLANS FILMS KILLED

9. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

The story was over. I'm glad they didn't drag out Bale's work as Batman. Those three movies are great and need to be left alone. I went back and watched the first one, which at the time I didn't think was very good, but with the context of having seen the other two, I really appreciated it much more.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

Definitely.

But then im not sure if having Bale as Batman would of saved these other films because of the writing and editing. Out of all of them im still very disappointed with SS because that had the most potential.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Definitely.

But then im not sure if having Bale as Batman would of saved these other films because of the writing and editing. Out of all of them im still very disappointed with SS because that had the most potential.
    That was easily the worst of the bunch. Wonder Woman and Justice League were the best overall, but I think Man of Steel is my personal favorite.

Nolan’s films were great, but only The Dark Knight is the one I’d consider an all-timer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Hard to say, sometimes people go to movies "just because" and likewise sometimes critics expect "more" out of films than they probably should. Ive heard mixed reviews on JL so far, some really bad, some say its about a 7/10 or so. I think DC's problem is they have been trying to play catch up to Marvel for so long that most of what they put out is just not well thought out or made well. WW was the best one i had seen so far but even it had some problems for me towards the end.
    I do think DC tried to put the cart before the horse, but they have a chance to get some good solo films out there which seems to be the plan for the next few years.

I think Marvel is going to own 2018 and cap it off with Infinity War, it’s the stuff after that where I think they have some big decisions about the next phase. It can’t go on forever they will have to reboot at some point.

15. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Im high jacking Shake's thread again but i want Marvel to make a movie specific to Winter Soldier since he is my favorite character. What do you think Shaker?
    Just reading back through this and had to laugh. You DO remember you made this thread, right North? I was thinking of just changing the name and making it a Comic Book Movie thread, you cool with that?

17. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The story was over. I'm glad they didn't drag out Bale's work as Batman. Those three movies are great and need to be left alone. I went back and watched the first one, which at the time I didn't think was very good, but with the context of having seen the other two, I really appreciated it much more.
    I loved the first one, actually more than the third.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I loved the first one, actually more than the third.
    One thing people forget with Batman Begins is that the film "only" made $50 Million dollars it's first weekend. That would be considered a monumental failure at this point and was in direct response to the last Batman film being "Batman & Robin" in 1997. Pretty crazy to think that just a few years after Batman Begins came out Marvel would start their domination and make it "unacceptable" for a comic book flick to only make $100 or less on it's opening weekend!

I liked Batman Begins at the time, but I had no idea how great The Dark Knight would be. I do like the Dark Knight Rises, but 1 and 2 are the best of the series.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Coco took the weekend which is par for the course for a Pixar movie, but in good news for DC Fans Justice League pulled nearly $64 million out of it's butt over the holiday week to bring it back to some form of normalcy. It's drop was only 54% which is MUCH better than what BvS and Suicide Squad had in their second weekends which was over 65%. So at least the movie will have some legs and make a respectable amount, but nowhere near were a Justice League movie should have made. With only Aquaman coming out in 2018 DC has a chance to position themselves to fill the void after Infinity War with some good solo flicks and then make another Justice League if those perform well. I just want at least ONE solo Batman film with Affleck and I would be happy.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information