Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Bwhahahahahahahaa OMG

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Very funny there!
    April Showers and Easter!

You know...I wish DC could manage to put together movies as good as they put together TV shows. Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and even Arrow are better than the movies they put out (granted last season of Arrow was a bit hard to watch, this season of flash is kinda hard as well)

I'm really hoping Justice League turns out to be a hit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You know...I wish DC could manage to put together movies as good as they put together TV shows. Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and even Arrow are better than the movies they put out (granted last season of Arrow was a bit hard to watch, this season of flash is kinda hard as well)

I'm really hoping Justice League turns out to be a hit.
    Being a hit isn't the issue. All the DCEU films have made money but got nailed critically.

I think DC just needs to ask themselves what type of audience they want to attract. Man of Steel and Batman v Superman were very much deconstructionist movies of the genre. As someone who poured over Frank Miller's interpretation of Batman in the Dark Knight Returns I was completely in the bag for both of those films and probably liked them more than the average moviegoer. The current TV Shows like The Flash and Supergirl on the other hand were much more in line with the regular comic book pulls I remember when I was younger. Fun, well paced, and pretty true to the source. I mean, I never thought I'd see King Shark in live action and I love it. But I also love the political undertones and seriousness of the DC Cinematic Films. Right now DC is making graphic novel style movies and comic book style TV Shows and they are appealing to two different types of comic book/superhero fans.

I think DC is realizing this too. With both Wonder Woman and Justice League falling back in line into more fantasy/action/mythology it looks like they are casting a wider net. While I liked MOS and BvS, I realize they are not for everyone. Suicide Squad was an interesting mess to me, but not much else. If Wonder Woman and Justice League fail to get both critical and financial success I could see them rebooting the whole thing.

Man of Steel and Bman vs Superman were awesome

7. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Man of Steel and Bman vs Superman were awesome
    I thought man of steel was to heavy on the destruction if the city

But I love everything else by dc apart from the camp tv shows like arrow

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The Lincoln Memorial is one of my favorite parts.

10. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I thought man of steel was to heavy on the destruction if the city

But I love everything else by dc apart from the camp tv shows like arrow
    Why do you say it was too heavy on the destruction of the city? It was the same type of peril found in the Avengers, only a much better movie.

MoS was not better than the Avengers. MoS took itself far too seriously, was literally to dark on screen, and the dialogue wasn't great. I liked the movie and thought it got a bad rap, but better than the Avengers?

Nah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i was a big DC kid.

Marvel makes the better movies.

DC is too PC these days to unleash the true joker.

There is no 'true' Joker - the character is multi-faceted and has an extensive history.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Heath Ledger was the closest they got to him.

And DC makes all their colors dark, because the story is supposed to be dark. But they make the story shit. Not dark. Stop color correcting your footage dark, and make the story dark.

There's a certain point where it's just...dark shit...on the screen...and it all looks the same...and man...blah.

Not every movie has to be dark. There are rarely absolutes, broseph.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Thats what im saying. They use too much dark color correction in post, and forget to make the actual story line dark with writing.

Thats what made DC separate from Marvel.

The blood and grit of the dirty sewers of DC.

18. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Ultimately, most things in life are poorly done.

But they do try to make their movies 'dark'. It's alright, man. They'll make some good shit for you. I love The Joker, btw.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information