Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You know, the funniest thing about Comic-Con this year, even with all of the trailers and awesome news from all these franchises, the thing I was most excited about? Duck Tales... All they had to do is mention the possibility of Darkwing Duck and I got all giddy.

All the Marvel stuff looks amazing, the DC stuff looks pretty good. It's going to be a great year for entertainment.
    I used to love Darkwing Duck. Hopefully all these movies are as awesome as their trailers!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Saw this on Reddit earlier (NSFW)

I want a WonderMan movie now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

And DC continues to make stupid decisions regarding its comics. No wonder Marvel is destroying them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/...-from-the-dceu

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    And DC continues to make stupid decisions regarding its comics. No wonder Marvel is destroying them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/...-from-the-dceu
    That was from an older article and it they verified at SDCC that it is a standalone movie within the DCEU but the story will not tie into the main Justice League or other solo films. The interesting thing to me (and in a good way) is that DC is doing Elseworlds Films that deal with one-off comics or stories like the Scorcese produced Joker movie, and I hear they are shopping Red Son which is a really cool alternate Superman universe.

If it DOES turn out to be true and The Batman is just it's own thing with a new actor then that would be pretty dumb. I do like the DCEU with spin-offs idea though, keeps things fresh and not contained with one storyline which is where Marvel gets some hiccups sometimes. I think it's awesome how all the TV shows, Movies, etc. tie into one another but it can also handcuff them to make sure solo stuff fits in with the bigger picture. Either approach works for me as long as they put out quality stuff. It's crazy how much I do not care about Fox's X-Men series anymore outside of the awesome Logan movie. And Sony really needs to stop doing anything Spider-Man related and leave it to the pros at Marvel.

5. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Batman is god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Batman is god.
    This plus a cool detective story? Yes please:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Final Justice League trailer. Can't wait!

I enjoyed Wonder Woman because my wife was able to enjoy it with me. She hasn’t enjoyed Dark Knight or BM vs SM because of the dark nature.

11. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I enjoyed Wonder Woman because my wife was able to enjoy it with me. She hasn’t enjoyed Dark Knight or BM vs SM because of the dark nature.
    I'll have to watch this. Wife mentioned she wanted to watch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'll have to watch this. Wife mentioned she wanted to watch it.
    It was worth $2. I don’t care if I see it again, but it’s not very often my wife will enjoy a DC movie with me. Overall it had a fairly positive message.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It was worth $2. I don’t care if I see it again, but it’s not very often my wife will enjoy a DC movie with me. Overall it had a fairly positive message.
    Looks like DC's plan was to start the series of movies dark then bring all the characters "back to the light". Wonder Woman was the first part of that and Justice League will be a continuation of it. Wonder Woman reminded me a lot of the original Superman movie, it even had callbacks to some scenes in that movie. Very pure super hero movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Word seems to be spreading that "Ragnarok" is the best Marvel movie yet. A friend of mine said it was so good she is going to see it again in theaters.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Word seems to be spreading that "Ragnarok" is the best Marvel movie yet. A friend of mine said it was so good she is going to see it again in theaters.
    Saw it tonight. Solid with some good laughs but won't crack my top 3 of Marvel movies. Some really kick-ass visuals and Cate Blanchett was sexy as hell as Hera. Personally I think both Spider-man Homecoming and GOTG Vol 2 > Thor Ragnarok but I can see why many people dig it right now. It will be interesting to see how it holds up on a repeat viewing for me, but for now I'd put it somewhere in the upper middle of the pack of the MCU.

17. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Critics already destroying Justice League in their reviews. I wonder if this is some of the reason why Affleck is thinking about leaving the Batman character.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information