Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC & Marvel Universes and All Things Involved

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    MoS was not better than the Avengers. MoS took itself far too seriously, was literally to dark on screen, and the dialogue wasn't great. I liked the movie and thought it got a bad rap, but better than the Avengers?

Nah.
    I thought Avengers was shallow.

2. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I thought Avengers was shallow.
    It was supposed to be shallow. It's the first Avengers movie. It's also supposed to be family friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    It was supposed to be shallow. It's the first Avengers movie. It's also supposed to be family friendly.
    Avengers and MOS are apples and oranges. Like I said DC is going more the Graphic Novel route while Marvel is making Comic Book movies that are more family friendly. Now we have things like Deadpool which subvert the genre and are definitely for adults and more recently Logan which is an adult movie without resorting to hardly any tenets of a traditional Superhero movie. Logan was like a character study and oh yeah, the main characters just happened to have some abilities. Personally I like the fact the the genre splits off of itself instead of EVERYTHING trying to duplicate Marvel. If I want light and fun I go see Marvel movies, if I want something a little darker I check out DC or movies like Logan. I definitely don't get caught up in the whole Marvel vs DC thing because it just goes nowhere based on what you are in the mood for. Personally I like Marvel movies but they are very formulaic and they all seem to hit the same beats. DC I like better but some of the risks they take backfire in their films. I think Marvel has about 14 films in their cinematic universe right now and the only ones that I REALLY thought were great were Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Winter Soldier, and the Avengers. It will be interesting to see how many DC movies I like in the next few years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

This is going to be awesome, Much better than Dark World in my opinion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    This is going to be awesome, Much better than Dark World in my opinion.

HOW DARE YOU TAINT THE DC THREAD WITH MARVEL!

Seriously though Thor does look pretty cool, but the first 2 Thor movies have been mixed bags. Hoping they can nail this one. Looks like Asgardians of the Galaxy to me. I love the 80's Hair Metal Band logo for Ragnarock. Also it would be pretty easy to be better than The Dark World. That movie was all over the place and you could tell the behind the scenes script changes and director drama really hurt the final product. It went from a dark and somber movie with Thor losing his mom to a buddy comedy with he and Loki. The less said about Natalie Portman as Dr. Jane Foster the better. I can't even remember the bad guy, some elf or something? All I know is that the mist turned out to be an infinity stone.

7. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well, the thread did say "all things involved" so i thought we were throwing all the comic shit in here. My apologies for tainting your already bad DC thread Shakers! lol

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well, the thread did say "all things involved" so i thought we were throwing all the comic shit in here. My apologies for tainting your already bad DC thread Shakers! lol
    *adjusts glasses puffs inhaler*

That would be Comic Book Movies and All Things Involved. DC Universe is the possessive topic of the sentence, and All Things Involved Would be inclusive of that Universe ONLY.

You are like my sweet old grandma who bought me an Star Trek Enterprise watch because I like Star Wars. It was all the same shit to her.

We probably should have a Comic Book Movie Discussion Thread so Buff's head could explode.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    HOW DARE YOU TAINT THE DC THREAD WITH MARVEL!

Seriously though Thor does look pretty cool, but the first 2 Thor movies have been mixed bags. Hoping they can nail this one. Looks like Asgardians of the Galaxy to me. I love the 80's Hair Metal Band logo for Ragnarock. Also it would be pretty easy to be better than The Dark World. That movie was all over the place and you could tell the behind the scenes script changes and director drama really hurt the final product. It went from a dark and somber movie with Thor losing his mom to a buddy comedy with he and Loki. The less said about Natalie Portman as Dr. Jane Foster the better. I can't even remember the bad guy, some elf or something? All I know is that the mist turned out to be an infinity stone.
    I was so disappointed by that one...I'm a huge Doctor Who fan and the "elf" dude was Christopher Eccleston (who played the 9th doctor on doctor who)

It fell so amazingly flat...

*adjusts glasses puffs inhaler*

That would be Comic Book Movies and All Things Involved. DC Universe is the possessive topic of the sentence, and All Things Involved Would be inclusive of that Universe ONLY.

You are like my sweet old grandma who bought me an Star Trek Enterprise watch because I like Star Wars. It was all the same shit to her.

We probably should have a Comic Book Movie Discussion Thread so Buff's head could explode.
    I bet North buys PS4 games and tries to play them on Xbox...

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I bet North buys PS4 games and tries to play them on Xbox...
    Bwhahahhahaha, FOOOOOK YOU BUDDY!

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

These Bolly Curse never knew the Obituary.

Irrelevant, immaterial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

So which actor or actress would be most embarrassed by their pre-famous role shown in this video?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

19. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Early buzz on Wonder Woman is very good! Can't wait to see it next Thursday at the new Alamo Drafthouse at Sloans Lake.

21. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I thought the character was cool in B. v S. I was worried that her 'abilities' would be one of the weaker incarnations of the character - after that fight against Doomsday, though...she's pretty sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Early buzz on Wonder Woman is very good! Can't wait to see it next Thursday at the new Alamo Drafthouse at Sloans Lake.
    Yea, I've been hearing that as well. Hopefully DC finally makes a worthwhile, non-batman movie. Lord knows it's been awhile.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information