Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Five years in, John Elway reflects on his tenure as Broncos GM so far

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Sanchez here, but it's basically what we've all been saying anyway:
    That goes along with camp analysis of Boyer, Milani, and Mason. Every time they speak about the quarterback competition they about how tight the competition and no has shown themself clearly above the others. While, I suppose one could make the argument that's not great news for Siemian and Lynch imo it's more detrimental to Sanchez.

2. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default John Elway talks Peyton Manning courtship, four-year run, retirement

Elway: “We were very lucky to have him for those four years”

Hanging outside John Elway’s office is a large, custom painting made from a pair of photographs. In the background is Elway, in his orange No. 7 Broncos jersey, scanning the field as he drops back to pass. In the foreground is Peyton Manning, in his orange No. 18, already in mid-throw.

From 1983-99, Elway was the face and the leader of the Broncos’ offense that appeared in five Super Bowls and won two. From 2012-16, after a whirlwind free agency and recovery from four neck surgeries, Manning led the charge, supplanting fan-favorite Tim Tebow to guide the Broncos to two more Super Bowl appearances and a third title.

The quarterbacks will be forever linked and stand together in one of the many keepsakes scattered throughout the team’s UCHealth Training Center.

Elway sat down with The Denver Post last week to reflect on his time in the front office and his hopes for his current team. He also opened up about those few weeks in March 2012, when Manning’s free-agency tour ended with a $96 million deal with the Broncos.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/08...enver-broncos/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Manning led the charge, supplanting fan-favorite Tim Tebow
    No. There were Denver Broncos fans and Tebow fans. The two should most definitely NOT be confused with each other.

5. The Following User High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    No. There were Denver Broncos fans and Tebow fans. The two should most definitely NOT be confused with each other.
    There were quite a few Broncos fans who were also big Tebow supporters. I was one of them at the time. Yeah the most obnoxious ones were just Tebow fanboys, but he was still very popular among actual Broncos fans.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    I support anyone and everyone that wears the Orange and Blue.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't think TGF means that all Denver didn't support Tebow. There was a small segment that follow Tebow purely because they were Florida fans first and foremost. It probably safe to say that isn't happening with our current group of quarterbacks.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I don't think TGF means that all Denver didn't support Tebow. There was a small segment that follow Tebow purely because they were Florida fans first and foremost. It probably safe to say that isn't happening with our current group of quarterbacks.
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

The two are not mutually exclusive. I cheered for Tebow while he was a Bronco, but my loyalty was to Denver first. I would say that much (the vast majority, in fact) of Tebow's popularity was from the fan boys.
    Last edited by The Glue Factory; 08-08-2016 at 02:18 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Yall remember Tebowmania differently than I do.

I remember Elway getting shit on, Stink getting booed, fancard police, excuses galore, delusions of grandeur, radical and obscenely stupid ideas of how the offense should run, scapegoating out the ass, hyperbole UP THE ASS.

All from Broncos fans.

Elway had to sign Peyton ******* Manning to justify moving on from the single worst passer of the modern passing era, and that's not hyperbole, all because of Broncos fans. Not Gator/religious fans.

You watch, if Lynch doesn't improve significantly he will never start for the Denver Broncos, and he's light years ahead of Tebow. I say this because Tebow should have never been the "starter" to begin with.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 08-08-2016 at 09:25 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yall remember Tebowmania differently than I do.

I remember Elway getting shit on, Stink getting booed, fancard police, excuses galore, delusions of grandeur, radical and obscenely stupid ideas of how the offense should run, scapegoating out the ass, hyperbole UP THE ASS.

All from Broncos fans.

Elway had to sign Peyton ******* Manning to justify moving on from the single worst passer of the modern passing era, and that's not hyperbole, all because of Broncos fans. Not Gator/religious fans.

You watch, if Lynch doesn't improve significantly he will never start for the Denver Broncos, and he's light years ahead of Tebow. I say this because Tebow should have never been the "starter" to begin with.
    All I said there was a segment that was here purely here for Tebow because he went to Florida and they left when Tebow was traded. That said, I don't deny there were some Bronco fans that were hardline Tebow fans. I remember very well the crap Elway took. The one that sticks out in my mind was the crap he took after the Broncos beat the Jets in a Thursday Night game because he didn't cheer hard enough when Tebow scored the winning touchdown. I remember one fan called into the Brandon Spano show screamed how he expected Elway to be jumping up and down pumping his fist when his quarterback score the winning touchdown in game.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information